• Tweets

• Journo Russell Scott has been looking at people who sold PPE to the Johnson government. https://twitter.com/RussellScott1/status/1780686322908487787  
    • It is important that you do the reading about this subject in the sub- forum. It's not complicated but you need to be in control and I don't think you are. For instance, much of the information you need and also the case transcripts that you're looking for are in the fixed topics at the top of this sub- forum but clearly you didn't know that. You will gain in confidence if you do the reading. Particularly as it now looks as if the mediation has not worked because EVRi have stayed you up and so you may now be going to trial. You need to understand thoroughly what you are doing. We will help you and you will find our support is unstinting but you have to do your part. Please spend a lot of time reading the stories on the sub- forum especially the pinned posts at the top of the sub- forum and then start preparing your court bundle. We have instructions here for everything
    • I have had a secondary thought.  I borrowed £s from a completely separate entity 6y ago. It was personal and unsecured. I was going to repay upon sale of the property. But then repo and I couldn't.  Eventually they applied and got a charging order on the property.  Their lawyers wrote that if I didn't repay they may apply for an order for sale.  I'm not in control of the sale.  The lender won't agree to an order for sale.  The judge won't expedite it/ extract from trial.  Someone here on cag may or may not suggest I can apply for an order v the receiver?  But could I alternatively ask this separate entity with a c.o to carry out their threat and actually make an application to court for an order for sale v the receiver instead?
    • You left the PCN number showing, but no worries, I've redacted it. Euro Car parks are very well known to us.  I've just skimmed through the titles of the latest 100 cases we have with them (I gave up after 100) and, despite all their bluster and threats, in not one have they taken the Cagger to court. You stayed there for 2 hours &:45 minutes.  I'm guessing the limit is 2 hours and 30 minutes, right?  
    • If the claimant fails to draft directions the court can order a Case Management Hearing to set them but normally in Fast Track claims the claimant sets the directions...Unlike small claims track which are always set the court.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Huge Debt Problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When I first started my DMP my advisor basically created my I&E . He used limits that he knew the creditors would find acceptable. The trick is to find out what they are and include them all at the top end. You need to remember to include money for everything , haircuts , emergency, clothes , everything. It is very easy to forget . If you google NEDCAB (North East Derbyshire CAB) I think their tool gives you "guidance" figures of what is acceptable or at least will tell you if it would be a bit much.

As my credit file s shot anyway I then check the enforceability of each debt , basically anything prior to Apr 2007 needs to be exact and many are not

thank you ,i will check that out.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phoned halifax today and

the girl on the phone gave me the numer of their money management team,

said that they are the only ones that could reduce my interest rate,

maybe even to zero if i gave them a statement of affairs,

she said this would show on my credit file as a reduced payment plan.

at the moment iam only just covering the interest at £230 a month :| ,

that would help me greatly as that is the only debt i have that doesn't come down.

i guess iam asking has anyone ever dealt with these guys before and is it worth my while...

.. another thing she told me was that i have had that account since 2004,

i have seen people mention about the age of debts on here but don`t know the relevance.....:oops:

• 2 weeks later...
with the amount of unsecured debts, if always at or near your limits

your credit file is going to prevent any further borrowing anyway

Never think about swapping unsecured for secured debt

best imo to draw a line under the unsecured debt,

send cca requests to all creditors

and setup and negotiate your own vastly reduced repayment plan

Always keep your mortgage and priority debts (utilities council tax etc )up to date

going to sound really stupid here but what is a CCA request,is that if its a really old debt?

click your own link...

everyone demanding money from you MUST hold the signed agreement

[bar bank accounts or mobiles]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

click your own link...

everyone demanding money from you MUST hold the signed agreement

[bar bank accounts or mobiles]

dx

lol,where did that link come from.......

iam still trying to get my head around it though i send them a the written template asking who owns the debt and the reply but i still have the debt ,right. :???:

as post 54

get and check the returned CCA requests FIRST

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

AND COMMUNICATE VIA LETTER ONLY

Anything said over the phone is unreliable and cannot be backed up. If any of them phone you tell them to communicate vial letter only AND HANG UP

• Confused 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

bottom line is no enforceable CCA they can bugger off...................

dx

• Confused 1

and they

Hi I have just read your thread and didn't want to read and run, I hope you dont mind me replying

Certain key words produce links to useful information, as you can see in this post, its picked up county court and interest

you can also look at other peoples threads with titles similar to yours to see how others have managed and you can understand the terms by clicking through the links on their threads?

I have just recently defended a debt claim all the way to County Court - often scared, very often feeling out of my depth but I couldn't have done it without the advice and support from this site. Im not an expert - there are many here that can offer advice - but just wanted to say from a personal view, try not to worry about your credit file too much, I found its unlikely to get significantly better if you keep beggaring yourself to pay the minimum interest and eventually things drop off your credit files anyway, Its a bit like ripping off a plaster, it hurts a bit more but gets better faster.

There are some great fountains of knowledge on here - if you don't understand anything and can't find the answer by searching -... ask!

Edited by molly316
show which words are linked
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

great post molly that's what we like to see

dx

and they

Hi I have just read your thread and didn't want to read and run, I hope you dont mind me replying

Certain key words produce links to useful information, as you can see in this post, its picked up county court and interest

you can also look at other peoples threads with titles similar to yours to see how others have managed and you can understand the terms by clicking through the links on their threads?

I have just recently defended a debt claim all the way to County Court - often scared, very often feeling out of my depth but I couldn't have done it without the advice and support from this site. Im not an expert - there are many here that can offer advice - but just wanted to say from a personal view, try not to worry about your credit file too much, I found its unlikely to get significantly better if you keep beggaring yourself to pay the minimum interest and eventually things drop off your credit files anyway, Its a bit like ripping off a plaster, it hurts a bit more but gets better faster.

There are some great fountains of knowledge on here - if you don't understand anything and can't find the answer by searching -... ask!

hi molly316 thanks for taking the time to read the thread..

.. iam just starting to get the hang of the site now"with the links and stuff".

i know i sound totally daft with some of my replies but really all this stuff is completely new to me,but iam getting there.....slowly lol.

the only reason i go on about my credit file so much is because of my need for a car for my son

,that is all i worry about in all this.

when his disability claim runs out when he is sixteen i know they will try and take his car off him once again

as they try and do every three years and leave him virtually housebound.

i really with all my heart don`t want that to happen.

i have got my card through the post dx from the co op for my basic account

just waiting on the pin and then see the debt advisor at citizens advice on the first of december.

so fingers crossed.

I'd be sceptical on CAB advise sometimes

what is this about the car?

are you saying they try and say he's not entitled to say mobility stuff?

dx

and they

I'd be sceptical on CAB advise sometimes

what is this about the car?

are you saying they try and say he's not entitled to say mobility stuff?

dx

yes every three years,

even the hospital he attends say they are sick in the head as they know all his background.

...this all goes to a tribunal every three years and after a home visit by a doctor

,is promptly reawarded by a panel of three which always includes another doctor who see,s his medical file.

they are ruthless and care about no one man,woman and yes even children,love to know how they sleep at night..

..anyways enough of my ramblings about the dwp,wrong forum ,lol.

just spotted the bit about cab advice dx....

. iam already weary of this as the girl their just told me to stop paying everyone right away

and offer them all a £1,

which i haven`t done until i see the advisor,

got me worried now mate.

she did`nt even know who i owed or much at that point?

are you getting you income moved to the co-op ?

dx

and they

take control

stop letting the banks and others make your financial decisions!

if you cant conformably meet you PRIORITY debts

ie those that

keep a roof over your families head

feed their bellies

keep you out of prison

then every bugger else goes down to

and move money out of accounts

whereby a bank has free reign to take what they like!!

and they

albertz follow dxs advice

cca the unseured credit cards and loans

, drop the unsecured debts to £5 pm if needs be

you wont need to worry about credit for purchasing a car for your sons needs

if you have to in 3 years time

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

albertz follow dxs advice

cca the unseured credit cards and loans

, drop the unsecured debts to £5 pm if needs be

you wont need to worry about credit for purchasing a car for your sons needs

if you have to in 3 years time

will do..

.. i am in scotland so it looks like i will be going on a DAS as the CA are advising,

all at christmas as well.

Just need to contact my employer and ask them to tranfer my wages into the coop account from next pay,

should be fun with

me having a one account and a grand into my overdraft.

dont worry, yes it will be strange at first

but you will soon start to notice the rewards

bottom line is no enforceable CCA they can bugger off...................

dx

Please remember that the above comment ONLY applies to pre April 2007 CCA regulated debts i.e a regulated credit agreement that was started before April 2007

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Please remember that the above comment ONLY applies to pre April 2007 CCA regulated debts i.e a regulated credit agreement that was started before April 2007

i think some of them go back to 2003-2004 but the balances have changed will that matter?

no

don't get confused

we've already travelled these date questions

dx

and they