Council locked me out of my flat for 5 months

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Maybe the people that put the metal door on were some kind of renegade council employees,that just found some metal doors and decided to go round putting them on random peoples houses just for a laugh!

This thread does lead you to that way of thinking. I, for the life of me, cannot believe that you were burgled and the council came and put steel doors on barring you from entering and took all your belongings. As this is all supposed to have happened hundreds of years ago perhaps your memory is foggy.

carlrb

Why do you think you should get a council house/flat or even go on there waiting list anyway

What obligations do you think the council have after you been living elsewhere for 16 years ?

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

things like this do happen,I remember back in the 1990s going home to a flat I had on a estate in Clydebank,the estate was earmarked for demolition,my flat was one of the last still in use,I got home from work and their was a big padlock holding the door together,the electricity people had come to empty the coin meter,obviously no one was in,they somehow obtained authorisation to force the door,empty the meter,padlock it up and they put a note on the door explaining this and a number to call to get the door open? It was late at night when I got home and read this so I just kicked the door in but I often think what would have happened if it had been some little old woman coming home to that? because the estate was derelict someone in an office must have decided it was ok to break in,I should have taken it further but I was moving anyway,it can happen though..

Since this thread is straying into realms of fantasy, can I offer a speculative sequence of events for original post?

1 T was already in rent arrears and did a moonlight.

2 Vacant flat was burgled, or maybe T fled after break in

3 In absence of traceable T, Council secured the property with metal door, poss on Police advice and started repo action, obtained ~5 months later. Council cleared flat on gaining repo Order

4 For next 16 yrs T stayed elsewhere, rather than contact Council for keys

5 For whatever reason, T now wishes to be re-housed by Council in same area, hoping earlier events will be forgotten

6 The OP has not said what personal contents were stolen in break-in or by Council.

Similar, equally fictional scenarios, can be concocted.

The joke is that if T had remained in occupation, Council prob would have re-housed, even with rent arrears (mainly offset by compo payment), just so site could be re-developed.

A plausible Scenario

OR

As the flat was due to be demolished, the council started relocation proceedings and for any number of reasons the T did not engage with them so they began eviction proceedings and secured the property after the break in

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

As the flat was due to be demolished, the council started relocation proceedings and for any number of reasons the T did not engage with them so they began eviction proceedings and secured the property after the break in

Which is what I posted early on http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?427268-Council-locked-me-out-of-my-flat-for-5-months&p=4561093&viewfull=1#post4561093 and OP made no comment on ....

Can i ask OP again

carlrb

Why do you think you should get a council house/flat or even go on there waiting list anyway

What obligations do you think the council have after you been living elsewhere for 16 years ?

!

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...