• Tweets

• This is the other sign  parking sign 1a.pdf
    • 4 means that they need to name and then tell the people who will be affected that there has been an application made, what the application relates to (specificially "whether it relates to the exercise of the court’s jurisdiction in relation to P’s property and affairs, or P’s personal welfare, or to both) and what this application contains (i.e what order they want made as a result of it) 5 just means that teh court think it is important that the relevant people are notified 7 means that the court need more information to make the application, hence they have then made the order of paragraph 1 which requires the applicant to do more - this means the court can't make a decision with the current information, and need more, hence paragraph one of the order is for the applicant to do more. paragraph 3 of the order gives you the ability to have it set aside, although if it was made in january you are very late. Were you notiifed of the application or not?    
    • These are the photos of the signs. At the entrance there is a 7h free sign. On some bays there is a permit sign.  Also their official website is misleading as it implies all parking is free.  I can't be certain of the exact parking bay I was in that day, and there was no PCN ticket on my car and no other evidence was provided.  parking sign 2.pdf
    • Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
    • Unless I've got an incorrect copy of the relevant regulation: The PCN is only deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch "unless the contrary is proved" in which case date of delivery does matter (not just date of posting) and I would like clarification of the required standard of proof. It seems perhaps this hasn't been tested. Since post is now barcoded for the Post Office's own tracking purposes perhaps there is some way I can get that evidence from the Post Office...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Council locked me out of my flat for 5 months

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I'll try and be brief here.

Years ago i returned home from work to find i had been broken into, I reported this to the council and they came around and put a steel door on the flat effectively making me homeless, I kept going on at them to do the repairs but they just kept putting me off, this block of flats was due for demolition a few months later.

A couple of weeks ago I filled out a housing form for Sandwell council and have been refused housing because they say I owe them £1090 for all of the time that the steel door was on the flat but all of this time I had no access whatsoever

The council also emptied the flat of all of by belongings (all of which was new) and they denied that they did this but when I finally gained access I found everything was gone and the steel door was still in place and intact

My question is......Can they just deny me access and charge me rent?

As i said this has been a while ago but I do still have paperwork from that time and they still want their money

Hi carlrb

A warm Welcome to CAG

Now you say this happened years ago exactly how many yrs ago?

Did you at the time Formally complain to the Council and follow their complaints procedure?

Did you stop paying rent due to no access to property?

Where were you living during having no access to said property?

Have you had any contact from the council chasing you for the arrears (bar your recent application for housing)?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi carlrb

A warm Welcome to CAG

Now you say this happened years ago exactly how many yrs ago?

Did you at the time Formally complain to the Council and follow their complaints procedure?

Did you stop paying rent due to no access to property?

Where were you living during having no access to said property?

Have you had any contact from the council chasing you for the arrears (bar your recent application for housing)?

This happened in June 1997 the steel door went on on the 16th and they ended the tenancy on the 13 of February 1998,

I did complain to the council endlessly

I did not pay the rent as i assumed I did not have to if I had no access

I was living in my car and even parking it on the estate office

I have had no contact from the council whatsoever

This happened in June 1997 the steel door went on on the 16th and they ended the tenancy on the 13 of February 1998,

I did complain to the council endlessly

I did not pay the rent as i assumed I did not have to if I had no access

I was living in my car and even parking it on the estate office

I have had no contact from the council whatsoever

Can I ask where have you been living for the past 16 years ?

and why did you apply for a council house again !

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Can I ask where have you been living for the past 16 years ?

and why did you apply for a council house again !

I eventually went to live with my gf but that's over now so this is why i need to get on this list

OK how did you gain entry with the steel door still being there?

Why have you left it so long?

Was the property deemed CLOSED?

With the information you have given there is a lot missing.

I doubt they would just seal you out of the property due to a break in. They would have to make it safe and accessible.

Was it a burglery or was it a police RAID?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

OK how did you gain entry with the steel door still being there?

Why have you left it so long?

Was the property deemed CLOSED?

With the information you have given there is a lot missing.

I doubt they would just seal you out of the property due to a break in. They would have to make it safe and accessible.

Was it a burglery or was it a police RAID?

I left it so long because until i filled this housing form in i didn't know about it

What do you meen by Deemed Closed?

They did seal off the property due to a break in, nothing was taken just a fish tank smashed and a table smashed to bits on the floor I had NO access until February when i arranged with a manager to get my property out only to find they had already done that

As in a closure order

what your saying does not add up.

If access was denied to you because the door was broken they would of just replaced the door

If access was denied as the property was unsafe they would of rehoused you temporary

Big metal door implies the police applied for the property to be closed in my mind. Otherwise from what you claim you were unlawfully evicted.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

As in a closure order

If access was denied to you because the door was broken they would of just replaced the door

If access was denied as the property was unsafe they would of rehoused you temporary

Big metal door implies the police applied for the property to be closed in my mind. Otherwise from what you claim you were unlawfully evicted.

I was thinking that too !

I left it so long because until i filled this housing form in i didn't know about it

What do you meen by Deemed Closed?

They did seal off the property due to a break in, nothing was taken just a fish tank smashed and a table smashed to bits on the floor I had NO access until February when i arranged with a manager to get my property out only to find they had already done that

Even if you had paid rent in full.

I cant see Any obligation on the council part why they should give you a council house/flat now or place you on a waiting list, as you been living somewhere else for past 16 years ...

Best to find somewhere else to live now with private LL.

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

As in a closure order

All I can work out was because the flats were being knocked down they thought it would be a easy way to get rid of a tenant, THERE WAS NO POLICE INVOLVEMENT WHATSOEVER

So I was unlawfully evicted ?

For that I think you would need to seek professional legal advice.

June 1997, could suggest T abandonment or OP in jail, and Council cleared flat after T terminated, After break in, local kids?, big metal door to secure property from squatters etc.

Arrears of £1090 does not sound like 8 months rent from date of steel door preventing OP access, to termination of T, more like rent owing when T did a moonlight in Jun 97

How did Council terminate T in Feb 1998 and notify T?

IMO OPs story has more holes than UK Border Control

Without facts, we can only speculate.

All I can work out was because the flats were being knocked down they thought it would be a easy way to get rid of a tenant, THERE WAS NO POLICE INVOLVEMENT WHATSOEVER

So I was unlawfully evicted ?

Why wasn't there any police involvement?

Why didn't you report it to the police?

That would have been my first call, not the council.

June 1997, could suggest T abandonment or OP in jail, and Council cleared flat after T terminated, After break in, local kids?, big metal door to secure property from squatters etc.

Arrears of £1090 does not sound like 8 months rent from date of steel door preventing OP access, to termination of T, more like rent owing when T did a moonlight in Jun 97

How did Council terminate T in Feb 1998 and notify T?

Without facts, we can only speculate.

Abandonment? In jail? How dare you make such suggestions.....I've never been in jail in my life, my tenancy was ended on the 13 February 1998 and the flat was emptied before this

Why wasn't there any police involvement?

Why didn't you report it to the police?

That would have been my first call, not the council.

That was a reply to this post by Sabre Sheep

The police were informed of the break in and i did have a crime number

I went yesterday to SMBC and had a meeting with the debt recovery manger named Ian Carson, he told me that SMBC are not looking to recover the £1090 and have written it off however I still have to pay it to get onto their housing list. He also told me that they left the tenancy open so that I could claim the £1500 !!! Which he said I could no longer get

If the flat was due for demolition there would of been a full engagement plan with you to discuss where you go etc. Did you go through a period of not opening letters or not responding to them?

Abandonment? In jail? How dare you make such suggestions.....I've never been in jail in my life, my tenancy was ended on the 13 February 1998 and the flat was emptied before this

People are offering suggestions based upon their interpretation of the facts you have presented.

Suggestions are just that, based upon what we have been told. Its is not an accusation.

When asking for advice, you have to be prepared to accept that suggestions of all variety based upon the "facts you have presented" will be forthcoming and sometimes may not be what you want to hear.

Remember the suggestion was that from the facts that have been presented. We do not know you nor do we have the ability to make "character assessments" so please take them what what they are. They are not meant as a personal attack.

I am however a little confused. At one point you say "No Police invovlement what so ever" and then later go on to say that you did inform the police and did get a reference number.

I think with the information you have provided here it is obvious that all that can be done is to guess what has happened. There is not enough here for anyone to give you any sound legal advice other than one I posted earlier.

"I Suggest you seek professional legal advice"

They can see your paperwork and establish what has happened. We cannot. As we cannot get the whole picture from what happened we cannot do more than offer suggestions on what happened and you seem to want to take them as a personal attack.

I went yesterday to SMBC and had a meeting with the debt recovery manger named Ian Carson, he told me that SMBC are not looking to recover the £1090 and have written it off however I still have to pay it to get onto their housing list. He also told me that they left the tenancy open so that I could claim the £1500 !!! Which he said I could no longer get

That was a reply to this post by Sabre Sheep

The police were informed of the break in and i did have a crime number

carlrb you did say Council fitted big metal door here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4999864

More likely story is, It wouldn't surprise that the Council have been through the Eviction procedures and Council fitted big metal door to stop anyone moving back in as the block was going to be knocked down !

Agree with that

Without facts, we can only speculate

Read on http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=65861588&postcount=29

Hmm,just looking at this,some tenant gets broke into in june 1997,the council put a steel door on,tenancy ends in feb 1998,tenant has recently found out he owes £1090 cos he tried to get on council home list.

Theres a whole lot missing here,where was he all these years?,waiting outside the property? wondering when the metal door was coming off? The op must have a load of paperwork from the council regards this,I am sure there story is a lot different,its a pointless post really.

Hmm,just looking at this,some tenant gets broke into in june 1997,the council put a steel door on,tenancy ends in feb 1998,tenant has recently found out he owes £1090 cos he tried to get on council home list.

Theres a whole lot missing here,where was he all these years?,waiting outside the property? wondering when the metal door was coming off? The op must have a load of paperwork from the council regards this,I am sure there story is a lot different,its a pointless post really.

There's nothing missing, that's exactly what happened !!!

All of these years I was living somewhere else until now when I find myself homeless and wanted to get on the housing list

IMO they wouldn't repair the door as the block was coming down

There is nothing missing that I can think of

I do still have some paperwork, I have a letter from the council sent to my solicitor stating when the security door was fitted and when the tenancy was ended, I also have the paperwork from the council stating when the arrears are for

There is no point me coming on here and not telling the whole story it really is no skin off my nose to just be honest and tell you everything

There's nothing missing, that's exactly what happened !!!

All of these years I was living somewhere else until now when I find myself homeless and wanted to get on the housing list

IMO they wouldn't repair the door as the block was coming down

There is nothing missing that I can think of

I do still have some paperwork, I have a letter from the council sent to my solicitor stating when the security door was fitted and when the tenancy was ended, I also have the paperwork from the council stating when the arrears are for

There is no point me coming on here and not telling the whole story it really is no skin off my nose to just be honest and tell you everything

I don't know why your bothering with the council away.

Your not a priority for a council house/flat, you been living some where else for the past 16 years and you left your GF address.

IMHO, Council have No duty to re-house you or even place you on there waiting list !

it seems a long time to wait and make enquiries,you are obviously trying to get a council flat from them in that area,maybe you need to just take the debt on to get on the list,councils keep long records these days.

I did do a lot back in 1997-1998 but I was limited to what I could do, tried the CAB but that's only ever as good as the person you see, I did see a solicitor but could barely afford it and could not get legal aid, I do want to live in that area as I want to be near my mother who is in her 70s and disabled