Orange PAYG mobile phone misery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I thought that I should start a fresh thread regarding the on-going, Orange PAYG mobile phone misery as the one started on here by another user, is somewhat out of date, and seeing that problems with Orange remains unresolved for many, myself included; best to re-address the problem again.

My situation: I purchased a neat affordable PAYG mobile phone from Tesco Direct in Dec 2012. It had come with a complimentary free £10.00 top-up that, once the new Sim was inserted into the phone, the credit would thus be activated. However, this never occurred, and I had spoken to Orange, who stated that Tesco was responsible for the free credit. I sort of went round in a few dizzy circles with both Orange and Tesco, and never did get that free credit placed on my phone, regardless of who I spoke with.

Then, just recently, I topped up my mobile phone with my Orange Top-Up card that has not yet let me down, only to discover that the credit I placed on it, did not go onto my mobile phone. Because I don't have the credit to call Orange - not a free customer service number exists for them; I managed to find their executive's email address and reported the complaint via email to them - I am yet to receive a response, yet a little hopeful of one.

As you may be aware, if you are an Orange customer: their website that coexists with EE - it is not a communication platform for general inquiry into problems with phone credit etc. You cannot email them whatsoever, and just click appropriate links if you have had your phone stolen for instance.

This now leaves me in a miserable predicament, having to take the issue up with my very trustworthy shop-keeper who topped my phone up, I have since lost the receipt of the transaction that took place on 20/06/2014. However, it clearly went onto the Orange Top-Up card that Orange themselves will have a database log of all consumer purchases they cannot erase at least until six years under the data protection act. The proof of payment is not really the issue here, with the above in mind, yet the fact that Orange have been doing this to consumers since 2008-9 if I read the complaint pages that are dedicated to the Orange PAYG misery - are truly astonishing to read.

So what do I do or any other Orange customer, when they are unable to make free calls to their customer-service numbers, other than compose a letter of complaint?. I had once wrote to them before a few years ago about a different phone issues, and sent at least two recorded-delivery letters, they never once responded.

their twitter team are usually good

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well if it really is a continuing problem Then your letter of complaint should amount to a letter before action – that is if you are prepared to go the distance. Companies like Orange and other big companies, and especially mobile phone companies seem to pay very little regard to their customers and am afraid that it takes the service of court papers to get them to take notice.

The trouble is that not many people – and maybe no one – has ever done this and so the companies just keep on going and the victims keep on suffering.

In respect of the initial free top up from Tesco's, I agree that this was a free gift from Tesco's who the supplier and you should have taken up from them and threatened them.

I thought that I should start a fresh thread regarding the on-going, Orange PAYG mobile phone misery as the one started on here by another user, is somewhat out of date, and seeing that problems with Orange remains unresolved for many, myself included; best to re-address the problem again.

My situation: I purchased a neat affordable PAYG mobile phone from Tesco Direct in Dec 2012. It had come with a complimentary free £10.00 top-up that, once the new Sim was inserted into the phone, the credit would thus be activated. However, this never occurred, and I had spoken to Orange, who stated that Tesco was responsible for the free credit. I sort of went round in a few dizzy circles with both Orange and Tesco, and never did get that free credit placed on my phone, regardless of who I spoke with.

Then, just recently, I topped up my mobile phone with my Orange Top-Up card that has not yet let me down, only to discover that the credit I placed on it, did not go onto my mobile phone. Because I don't have the credit to call Orange - not a free customer service number exists for them; I managed to find their executive's email address and reported the complaint via email to them - I am yet to receive a response, yet a little hopeful of one.

As you may be aware, if you are an Orange customer: their website that coexists with EE - it is not a communication platform for general inquiry into problems with phone credit etc. You cannot email them whatsoever, and just click appropriate links if you have had your phone stolen for instance.

This now leaves me in a miserable predicament, having to take the issue up with my very trustworthy shop-keeper who topped my phone up, I have since lost the receipt of the transaction that took place on 20/06/2014. However, it clearly went onto the Orange Top-Up card that Orange themselves will have a database log of all consumer purchases they cannot erase at least until six years under the data protection act. The proof of payment is not really the issue here, with the above in mind, yet the fact that Orange have been doing this to consumers since 2008-9 if I read the complaint pages that are dedicated to the Orange PAYG misery - are truly astonishing to read.

So what do I do or any other Orange customer, when they are unable to make free calls to their customer-service numbers, other than compose a letter of complaint?. I had once wrote to them before a few years ago about a different phone issues, and sent at least two recorded-delivery letters, they never once responded.

I've contracts with both EE & Tmobile & as I went to pay my bills online a couple of days ago, I kept getting an invalid form submit message!

I rang 150 & the Agent told me they can only deal with EE issues!! And that they would have to put me through to an T-mobile advisor, as you can NOT directly ring T-mobile or Orange, there is also NO email (as you yourself stated) for you as Customer to contact the T-Mobile/Orange side!! I've even tried T-Mobile on Facebook but no one got back to me!!

It's utterly ridiculous how even though EE/T-Mobile/Orange are all one & the same, the EE part is far more accessible than the other 2 departments are!!!

So whilst I can't help you with your issues, I have tracked down a free phone number for you that supposedly is for Orange PAYG!!

0800 079 4040

Otherwise or do this as well; I'd suggest bypassing the Customer Services entirely & write to either or both;

[email protected]

[email protected] (This is Oranges CEO)

I hope this helps! Good luck!

• Haha 1

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

Thanks for all the wonderful responses.

I have not written to them about the failed credit, as I once did in the past, about another Orange phone - I never received replies to them. I also demonstrated my angst about the suppossed free-credit with Tesco - that did nothing more than get me an apology, and contact details of Orange itself. I would not be able to afford to take Orange to court Bank-fodder - it once crossed my mind whilst I was in a well paid job, yet am not in that position anymore.

I did email Orange: olaf (This is Oranges CEO) as suggessted by Rainbow Tears, now waiting for a response from him. I also emailed the chief executive of Orange, to explain how it was that I cannot make a call to their customer-services without phone-credit.

I will await the responses of the two emails sent, and will try and also get a refund from the newsagents I purchased the top-up.

Thanks for all the wonderful responses.

I have not written to them about the failed credit, as I once did in the past, about another Orange phone - I never received replies to them. I also demonstrated my angst about the suppossed free-credit with Tesco - that did nothing more than get me an apology, and contact details of Orange itself. I would not be able to afford to take Orange to court Bank-fodder - it once crossed my mind whilst I was in a well paid job, yet am not in that position anymore.

I did email Orange: olaf (This is Oranges CEO) as suggessted by Rainbow Tears, now waiting for a response from him. I also emailed the chief executive of Orange, to explain how it was that I cannot make a call to their customer-services without phone-credit.

I will await the responses of the two emails sent, and will try and also get a refund from the newsagents I purchased the top-up.

I'm glad I was able to help you out!

I do hope you get all the issues you have highlighted, sorted out to your satisfaction!

Do come back & let us all know how you get on & if your situation is resolved!

Good luck!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

I would not be able to afford to take Orange to court Bank-fodder - it once crossed my mind whilst I was in a well paid job, yet am not in that position anymore.

See if you qualify for fee waiver - http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex160a-from-07-october-eng.pdf