Help with Vanquis

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Really need some help with getting rid of my Vanquis Credit Card please.

Long story short

because of a few missed payments a few years ago and Vanquis being very unhelpful

and adding on loads of charges

I owe over £700 on a £250 limit even though I have been paying them £25 per month

for the last few years it hasn't made a slight bit of difference,

my balance just keeps going up and up and I've had enough now.

I've requested copies on all my statements, t

hen tried claiming back all the charges on my account plus interest

with totalled £1300 and got a refusal letter.

I've also requested a copy of my CCA which has just turned up this morning

and its just a digital print out from an internet request I did on 3/3/2007.

I'm not really sure where to go from here,

Impact have sent me a letter saying if I don't pay the over limit amount they are going to default me.

Is there anything else I can do?

At a push I'm willing to offer them a settlement amount just to make them go away

but I'd rather not as they've had enough money from over the years.

Get reclaiming all those charges. Make sure you claim interest too. It should easily wipe out the debt.

Youve fallen smack in the middle of the sub prime lender trap. They allow you to take out a card, you fall behind, just once, and they pile on charges and interest hoping you think it is all legit. When in reality, they are all penalty charges.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

you file is probably defaulted already

impact are their no powers internal DCA anyway I think.

if you charges reclaim+int

outweighs your owed balance

pers i'd stop paying them.

or drop to £1PCM.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I've already tried reclaiming the charges but they refused

If I stop paying them what do I then??

Of course they refused them...that is standard practice.

To get them back you are more than likely going to have to sue them and take them to court.

When they realise that you are serious they may have a change of heart and settle before a court hearing but if you are going to take the court route then you need to be prepared for it to go all the way to a hearing in front of a judge.

To add to ims's post; its either you prepare for court or you prepare to pay vanquis hundreds of pounds that they are not entitled to.

Completely your choice but I know whatd id do.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The process would normal be a proper preliminary letter to which you are most likely to get a refusal (which you have).

Then you follow up with a "Letter Before Action" which again will either be ignored or you get another refusal.

Then you issue in court.

Can you post up the letter of reclaim that you sent them (with all personal identifiers removed) or at least the full text of that letter please?

The first letter I sent requesting charges is below:

Vanquis Credit Card

Dear Sir or Madam

I am writing to request that you repay all the late payment fees and over limit fees that have been applied to my account.

I do not believe the charges reflect the true cost to Vanquis Bank and are unfair and disproportionate. I am therefore requesting a refund based on the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.

The charges total £1092.00, plus as I believe I have been unlawfully deprived of the money I have calculated £232.28 interest at the statutory rate, the amount the court will award.

I therefore ask that you repay me the full amount of £1324.28. I attached a full schedule of the charges and interest with this document.

I look forward to your response within 14 days

Yours Faithfully

Claims of this nature can be sent to the registered office and address simply to the company. There is no need for a specific person.

Interest reclaimed should be at least at the rate they were charging you unless you want to go for a higher rate of interest in restitution.

I'm hoping they will back out before it does actually go to court , I'm nervous that it will go all the way and then I'll be forced to pay everything plus more

I calculated the interest at 8%

I'm hoping they will back out before it does actually go to court , I'm nervous that it will go all the way and then I'll be forced to pay everything plus more

I calculated the interest at 8%

You CANNOT owe more than the balance especially if this is all charges. If you FOLLOW the advise given on here, to the letter, and IF you are prepared to do a little bit of work so you know what you are doing, you should win this.

They will take it all the way to Court and normally settle the day before. What you have to realize is YOU hold all the aces, but they try as hard as possible to make you think they have a Royal flush. They are vile, evil people, but are just bullies.

You need to have a long read of the threads and if you feel confident enough, go all the way.

You must also claim back at the rate of the account, so typically 39.9% + the 8% on top.

Let me know if you need a copy of the first letter to send.

when did you take this card out

and have you got you spreadsheet to post up

not saying not

but that reclaim look very large [£1000+] solely on charges wit out interest too

and you should be charging THEIR int rate not 8%

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I've paid them back over and above the £250 I actually owed them, so don't see why I should pay them another £700, the only thing I'm confused about is, if I stop paying them now then they are of course going to continue to add charges to my account so the amount I'm claiming in my first letter will differ to what is probably now due back to me or will be due back come the time it goes to court, what happens then??

When you issue your court papers it would be for the full updated amount of the unlawful charges plus interest that you have incurred.

For example, your "Letter Before Action" would be for an amount greater than your preliminary letter.

When you issue your court papers it would be for an amount greater than the "Letter Before Action".

Your first step is to decide whether you are prepared for this to go all the way to court.

Have you done some reading around the forums to see what others are doing about charges reclaims and the successes? If not it might be a good idea for you to do so.

I took the card out in march 2007, this is the list of charges and yes it is long

And pretty much unreadable :lol:

Can you post up your spreadsheet as requested by dx earlier?

When you issue your court papers it would be for the full updated amount of the unlawful charges plus interest that you have incurred.

For example, your "Letter Before Action" would be for an amount greater than your preliminary letter.

When you issue your court papers it would be for an amount greater than the "Letter Before Action".

Your first step is to decide whether you are prepared for this to go all the way to court.

Have you done some reading around the forums to see what others are doing about charges reclaims and the successes? If not it might be a good idea for you to do so.

I had a quick look to see if anyone had any recent wins over Vanquis but couldn't see any only ones that went back a few years, I didn't want to get caught up too much in how other companys worked.