What action can Scottish Power take against me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Due to poor health, I had to take time of work, Jan and Feb,

now from my wages I make sure I pay my Mortgage, Payment to the Debt arrangement scheme, and Council Tax

Now I get weekly tax credits of £81, and

around the 15 Feb, I received my bill from scottish Power of £298.

Now from my tax credits, and working payments out on Excel, I have budgeted £30 per week to my account for Scottish Power,

meaning by 5 May account should be paid in full

On the 23 Feb, I emailed Scottish Power about my fiancial difficult, and included the payment plan for the account

Now a few days later, I received a email, requesting me to phone them to discuss any payment plan

I did this today, after receiving a third reminder this week, with

" IF WE HAVE TO COME AND VISIT, YOU WILL BE CHARGED £37"

Spoke to one of the Customer Service Advisors,

explained my problem,

have no suffiecent fund to make full payment as they requested,

now she wasnt any help, infact all she was interested in doing , was to ask me if I was interested in a prepayment meter...quite honestly I dont want this

Seems my problem is,

Im a quarterly payment, and payment is due xxx date, and they cant change anything, as it is all down to the computer,

I even asked before hanging up, if they would accept my offer of £30 per week for the next 6 weeks, but no

I have even today, emailed Scottish Power for a second time, and expressed my concern,

if I dont have the funds to pay of in full, but can at least budget £30 per week to my account, this should be good enough

I have also pointed out, I find this very stress full, and because of heart problems,

this going and coming dosnt help me, if we cant come to an arrangement,

I gues I will have to stick it on to my remaining debts,and up the repayments

thats not very nice

we have scottish power onboard here

i'd PM the REP

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 year later...

Someone on here last Nov 2012 helped me set up a standing order for £75 every 4 weeks,

all was going well, until I received a letter dated Aug 2013,

with demand I increase my standing order from £74 to £104 every 4 weeks

This is something I cant afford, for me to pay this it means £29 less for groceries,

in anger I didn't increase my payments, as I see no good reason to, do so

The main reason in the letter for the increase, from scot Power was I was underpaying,

I don't believe I'm underpaying, if and when a bill is due, I owe less than £30-£50 , which isn't a lot to be owed

I now receive a second letter, for Nov 2013, telling me Im underpaying and to increase my payment,

at this time its not possible for me to increase payment, and there is an issue with tax credits,

and Im not keeping well, and have to take time of work sick, and have been of sick for the last 3 weeks

In the letter dated Nov 2013, it said I have underpaid by £56, but if you had waited until 15 Nov when I would next be paid,

I would have made my min payment, of £75 which then put my account into credit, and will enter my readings this weekend

If I agreed to the increase, this mean I would be overpaying, and by my reckoning, I would have a credit of £406, which is unacceptable to me

And this is one reason, in previous email, I have said I don't like direct debits, as you can change them to easily,

and by going on that, you trying the same thing with my standing order

I cant afford any increase in payment, and I think £75 every 4 weeks is a fair amount to pay to yourself

Can a Scottish Power rep please pm, so we can get this sorted out, as far as Im concerned I have financial difficulties

Unfortunately we appear to have "mislaid" the Scottish Power Rep. Despite emails, private messages and a twitter alert we have not seen him/her for some time now :(

Do you know if you are on the best tariff they have to offer ? I will try and find one of the Site team who might be able to help :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Unfortunately we appear to have "mislaid" the Scottish Power Rep. Despite emails, private messages and a twitter alert we have not seen him/her for some time now :(

Do you know if you are on the best tariff they have to offer ? I will try and find one of the Site team who might be able to help :)

Mislaid the Scot Power rep, that might explain why Im not getting any replies to emails which I have sent to the rep

The tariff isn't the problem, it the agreed payments of £75 every 4 weeks, which they now want to increase to £104

I don't think that you have to increase your standing order, but if you don't, I think you will need to pay the £56.00 they say you have used over and above.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I don't think that you have to increase your standing order, but if you don't, I think you will need to pay the £56.00 they say you have used over and above.

I have just checked my Scot power bills online, and as of 12 Nov, I was £56 in debt, made payment on 15 Nov of £75 which now put me in credit of £18

I will enter my reading come tonight and see how things go for the next 4 months, 4 months @ £75 = £300, so if my biil is around this amount, £75 is enough, but don't know how they come up with a figure of £104

If this is the case, then simply tell them you are not in a position to increase your standing order and that in view of the fact that you are showing as being in credit pretty much proves that it is not necessary.

Why not have a word with the Energy Ombudsman and see what they have to say :)

http://www.ombudsman-services.org/energy.html

BCOBS

• 6 months later...

To begin, 2 years ago a Scottish Power per here at CAG, helped me set up a standing order arrangement,

seeing I was in poor health, and my finances weren't that great

For the last 2 years, I have made payment of £75 every 4 weeks, and have not missed a payment,

about 12 months ago, SP got in contact with my self to increase payment from £75 to £104

This is something I can afford, due to a number of reason, which the SP rep understood, and helped myself

This is how things stand at the moment;

tax credits, now waiting to find out if I can finally claim for the disability element,

if this claim is successful then this will ease a lot of my financial difficulties

My working hours have been reduced, as I find it exhausting to work, as I was previously getting unwell,

so going from a 40 hr working week, I now work 25 hr per week,

and already have cut out luxury which I might have had this year, like holiday abroad

There are things I can do, to cut expenditure costs, but until the tax credit office get back to me,

some thing just cant be dealt with yet, mainly council tax, and my debt program

I am intending to write to SP this week to advise them I wont be increasing my payment, so will keep it at £75,

even though I know now im underpaying, but

Im not going to be leaving SP in the near future, this also includes looking at my finances in 6 months time,

hopefully by this time, tax credits, council tax and debt program will be sorted out

They already have contacted me by email, and there suggestion was, pay 25% of the outstanding bill, which is around £600,

and then set up a direct debit, which I previously told the SP rep, I don't like direct debit, don't trust them

What possible action could I face from Scottish Power; could they pass my outstanding balance onto a debt collector

They could but a DCA would have no rights unless they bought the debt.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 7 months later...

Last night updated my meter readings, now thought they would be very high, but no, only a small increase

Its been 3 months since I checked my account, and thank god I have, as my bills and payments don't add up, hoping its all down to a system fault, and will be sorted, but until then, these figures don't add up, as of 13 Feb. 2015 my bill should read £119.92 debit, it looks like not all of my credit is going onto my bill

13-Feb-2015 £ 239.05 (Actual) £ 142.44 in Debit Bill Pending 09-Feb-2015 £ 120.00 (Credit) £ 96.61 in Credit12-Jan-2015 £ 120.00 (Credit) £ 23.39 in Debit15-Dec-2014 £ 120.00 (Credit) £ 143.39 in Debit25-Nov-2014 £ 85.61 (Estimated) £ 240.77 in Debit18-Nov-2014 £ 120.00 (Credit) £ 155.16 in Debit