Vanquis Card taken out in my name Wrong d o b !! now chased by Cabot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone give me some advice?

I am being chased by Cabot Financial for a debt taken out electronically in my name.

There is no actual signature,

no id was produced and

the electronic credit agreement has the wrong date of birth on it.

Is this debt in any way enforceable?

A credit card was taken out in my name with Vanquis bank who then sold the debt on to Cabot. The card was taken out online so there is no actual signature and the date of birth is incorrect! Surely they can't enforce this! I was the one who contacted them in the first place when I noticed this on my credit file!! This is not my debt!!

Then if you didn't apply for it, it is fraud and needs to be reported as such, Action Fraud, the police and place a notice of correction against the entry on your credit file.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Then contact action fraud and your local police station. Get a crime number and get FULL complaints to vanquis and Cabot.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Does this debt appear on your credit file?

Looks like it is .......#6

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Can someone give me some advice?

I am being chased by Cabot Financial for a debt taken out electronically in my name.

There is no actual signature,

no id was produced and

the electronic credit agreement has the wrong date of birth on it.

Is this debt in any way enforceable?

Hi,

You need to take immediate and very robust action here, so a Formal Complaint to Cabot

copied Vanquis.

Sir/Madam,

Formal Complaint:

I refer to an alleged debt for £xxx.xx supposedly originating from an account with Vanquis Bank.

Please take note I am not know nor ever have been a customer of Vanquis Bank, therefore I do not acknowledge any debt to Vanquis Bank or Cabot.

As this alleged debt has been reported to Credit References both Vanquis Bank and Cabot Must ensure this inaccurate and defamatory entry is immediately removed from any CRA

files to which it has been reported.

I will not make any payment or offer of payment in regard to the alleged debt now or in the future.

Vanquis Bank and Cabot now have 56 days to investigate and respond to this formal complaint.

Use signed for post and check delivery.

Do not engage with Cabot by telephone.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: