style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1975 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I parked on double yellow lines in the hospital grounds, displaying a blue badge.

Quite a distance from the entrance & main car park.

I have received a parking charge notice issued by Colchester Hospital University NHS foundation trust.

It states the t&cs are displayed at the entrance to the hospital and by entering the driver has agreed to abide by these t&cs and is legally bound by them.

If I don't pay the trust can take legal proceedings and it says on the back representations should be made in writing within 7 days

and gives the hospital address.

I have breached 2 rules;

parking outside a designated bay and

parking on yellow lines.

A staff member said I should just bin it as most people do

but I am unsure and don't want to ignore it and have debt collectors turning up on the doorstep!

Do I have to pay this charge?

I have to say that there are no parking t&cs in the area I parked in.

debt collectors ARE NOT BAILIFFS

and have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Was this a windscreen ticket ?

Car Parking Terms and Conditions at Colchester Hospital University

NHS Foundation Trust (“The Trust”) sites

The land is private property and is owned by the Trust

By parking on the site the driver of the vehicle is entering into a contract

with the Trust and abides by these Terms and Conditions.

The Trust’s contact details for all matters relating to parking are:

Estates and Facilities

Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust

Villa 5

Turner Road

Colchester

Essex

CO4 5JL

Telephone: 01206 747676

At any time parking in an unauthorised location, or parking in breach of the other conditions set out below,

may result in a parking charge or other enforcement measures taking place at any time.

Additional charges will be incurred if there is a breach of any one or more of the following contract codes:

a.

Code 01 - Parking without displaying proof of payment

b.

Code 02 - Parking without displaying a valid parking permit

c.

Code 03 – Parking in a fire access or emergency vehicle area

d.

Code 04 - Parking on yellow lines or in hatched areas

e.

Code 05 – Parking outside a designated parking bay

f.

Code 06 - Parking in a bay designated for Blue Badge holders without displaying a Blue Badge.

g.

Code 07 - Parking beyond the exceeded time as shown on any Pay and Display type tickets

Should any of the above breaches occur, the Trust will place on the vehicle a Parking Charge Notice.

This Parking Charge Notice will incur an Additional Parking Charge of £25.

If payment is made within 14 days then the charge is reduced to £10.

If payment is not received within 35 days, then action will be taken to recover

the full cost of the Additional Parking Charge plus any other reasonable costs

incurred including County Court costs.

This can include obtaining information from the DVLA to release details of the Vehicle Owner.

The Trust works to and abides by the Department of Health’s best practice guide

– “Income Generation – Parking charges: best practice for implementation”.

All profits generated from Car Parking revenues that are not used in the

maintenance or improvement of car parking facilities

is used to improve health services at the Trust.

Payment can be made by writing to the Trust at the address above enclosing

the Parking Charge Notice and a cheque or postal order

(made payable Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust)

or by presenting the Parking Charge Notice with cash to the General Office at the Trust’s sites

. A receipt will be provided on request.

Representations regarding the issue of Additional Parking Charges must be made in writing to the Trust, within 14 days of issue and sent to the address above.

The tariffs for car parking are displayed on the signs at entrances to the car parks, at pay and display machines and at the Pay on Foot machines within the Trusts premises.

No charge will apply to Blue Badge holders if the driver of the vehicle presents the Blue Badge to the Trust’s General Office at Colchester General Hospital or by displaying it in the vehicle if at Essex County Hospital.

Well my reading of that means that bluebadge holders do not have to pay for parking or parking charge notices.....

• Haha 1

I'm sure they'll try & skirt around that issue - but I'll phone in the morning and see what they have to say. Thanks

message #3. Yes, The ticket was stuck to the drivers door window.

I'm sure they'll try & skirt around that issue - but I'll phone in the morning and see what they have to say. Thanks

message #3. Yes, The ticket was stuck to the drivers door window.

Does the NTD ( Notice To Driver ) mention the Protection Of Freedoms act 2012?

They are not members of the BPA or The IPC, so cannot offer an independent appeals service, therefore cannot use POFA act shedule 4 , which allows keeper liability.

Which means do not contact them!

They can only chase the driver for the parking charge notice... who they don't know.

You have the terms & conditions quoted above on your side, and I also found this;

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/local/clacton/11121187.Patient_hits_out_at_hospital_staff_for_using_disabled_parking_spaces/?ref=rss

but you need not contact them until ( or if ) you get something in the post related to the NTD.

I parked on double yellow lines in the hospital grounds, displaying a blue badge.

Quite a distance from the entrance & main car park.

I have received a parking charge notice issued by Colchester Hospital University NHS foundation trust.

It states the t&cs are displayed at the entrance to the hospital and by entering the driver has agreed to abide by these t&cs and is legally bound by them.

If I don't pay the trust can take legal proceedings and it says on the back representations should be made in writing within 7 days

and gives the hospital address.

I have breached 2 rules;

parking outside a designated bay and

parking on yellow lines.

A staff member said I should just bin it as most people do

but I am unsure and don't want to ignore it and have debt collectors turning up on the doorstep!

Do I have to pay this charge?

I have to say that there are no parking t&cs in the area I parked in.

If Debt Collectors knock on your door tell them that if they ever call again you will consider it harassment and report them to the police.. Colchester NHS are not part of the "approved operator scheme."

Personally Id let them take me to court. Next time you pass there, take a photo of the entrance sign, I'd like to examine it.

Yellow lines and the blue badge scheme do not apply to private land and cannot be enforced.. The issue here is that they arguing that you have agreed to a contract and the onus is on them to fully make out that you have...

Please keep me informed :roll:

Blue Badge is free on single yellow line but that in on Local authority road. I guess its free on private road.

If you feel that you want to respond to the company that issued the demand just write back and say that the parking conditions were not breached and that n the event of them failing to cancel the demand that the claim be put to "strict proof" for evidence that 1) a contract existed between the owner of the vehicle and the parking co 2) that the contract was brokenc 3) that breach caused them a loss.