Parking Eye sent court claim form! HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear Consumer Forum

I have been sent a claim form from the county court business centre, Nottingham.

Parking Eye have sent this and I don't know why.

It was sent to my old address and as I have moved the letter was forwarded on to me.

I do not recall this parking offence occurring at Morrisons supermarket car park

but Parking Eye have picture evidence of my car leaving the car park later than the two hours allowed for parking there.

As I am the registered owner I am obviously liable?

I don't know what to do or how to tackle something that I do not recall happening and feel it is outrageous to request £185 costs from me.

Please help, much appreciated.

Many thanks

Edited by afiarahman
grammer

ist thing to do is to acknowledge the claim online and make choose defend all.

parking eye are loosing a lot of claims at the moment..

have a look around the forums for parking eye and you will get a real feel for a winning defence.

i am sure other will be around shortly to point you in a clearer direction.

NO ! never ignore court papers

register with MCOL website

then using the details on the claimform

ack the claim - defend all

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

it is insanely easy to win with this. Especially in a Morrisons car park.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Please can you advise me how? Do I respond to the courts claim form and declare I do not know what this form is all about?

I do not want to go to court and defend myself on something I do not recall doing.

Thanks you for any advice

First, you use the login details on the claim form. When you are onthe site, you need to acknowledge the claim and click defend all.

Parking Eye know they will lose if you defend. They are abusing the courts by using them as a form of debt collection.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

DX100uk what is the MCOL website?

read the front of the claim form

is there

you need to register FIRST

creates a username & password

then log

THEN use the claim number and the password on the claimform to ack the claim

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No. Click no.

DO not enter a defence yet either. ALl you want to do is acknowledge the claim and your intention to defend in full. Nothing more.

I have only done an acknowledgement of service on MCOL. it states I have 28 days to make a full defence....do I not make the defence yet ? What happens now?

I do not know what angle to put my defence aside from the fact that all the letters Private Eye sent me were sent at my old address therefore unable to respond sooner. I do not recall this incident occurring even though they state that they have pictures of my car entering and leaving the car park in march 2014.

I dispute it on the grounds that they cant prove it was me driving and also they claim there were no valid parking ticket displayed. There are no pictures showing the dashboard so therefore no proof to show that there wasn't one displayed.

Dont make a defence yet and stop panicking. You have a while now to get things in order. Sit tight and someone will be able to help you in the next day or so. For now, have a good read of this forum so you can get an idea of what to do.

Whilst you are waiting for others to help in regards to the court papers, it might be worth sending a formal complaint to the CEO of Morrisons, they might just step in and get PE to cancel the invoice/ court claim.

I received court papers too, and complained to the companies head office and they were able to get the invoice cancelled and also the court claim too.

Regards

CookieRocks

• 3 weeks later...

An update on the court claim form is this.

I contacted Morrisons manager and he was helpful in so as as emailing parking eye to drop the fine.

parking eye then responded by stating that I need to pay the court fee of £25

and some administration fee bringing the total up to £60!

I am not willing to pay this, is there any advise on what to do next?

I'm waiting for parking eye to contact me so I can inform them of this.

If I take this to court

what is the defence angle I should take

as they are willing to drop the parking charge minus the sixty pounds which is ridiculous.

Any advise will be most appreciated

what date is on the top right of the claimform please

dx

and they

think?

find it

its important

dx

and they

you have 33 days to file a defence DO NOT MISS IT.

regardless to whatever you are told.

unless the CLAIMANTS SOLICITORS write to say its discontinued

AND the court confirm ythis

PS...claimform date is day one.

and they