9 months and still waiting for license

seanamarts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had to have a medical review with the DVLA back in November last year. I sent my license back in the october ready for the review. I was told that the whole process takes no longer than 12 weeks. In the mean time I am still allowed to drive with a condition that my GP feels that I am fit to drive, which he says I am quite capable to do so.

Last month I have been told that I have to either give up my license of take another driving test. This was decided on the basis that I had a stroke 15 years ago. Ive not even been given the chance of a medical to see if I am fit enough or not, which I find very odd. I of course chose the latter as I need to drive as I can not walk very well. No explanation on how they have come to this conclusion.

Last week they wrote and told me that I have to reapply for my license because it has been more than 9 months since the date of my review. Again no explanation of why I have to do this. I have not given up my license so why on earth do I need to apply for another?

I have not been told whether I have to pay to take this test or what this driving test will consist of.

I have driven with no problems for the last 15 years, I have had no accidents and the strokes that I have had do not effect my ability to drive. My GP is as confused as I am.

Any help, suggestions on what I should do with regards to this, I am sending my application for my license back today. I dont even know whether I have to renew my photo as it was only renewed 3 years ago, im not even sure if I have to pay for this renewal either.

9 months surely cant be normal for something like this, especially as I was told it would take no longer than 12 weeks.

This sounds like a typical DVLA cock-up so put the blame on the customer. I can't think of any other organisation that makes as many errors as does the DVLA and then has the gall to say it's not our fault. No, of course not, it's never your fault.

I think if I was you, I would be dropping them a line and my MP one also. I think I might be inclined to do an SAR with them as well.

There's a link to all sitting MPs in my sig if you need to find who yours is.

Thanks conniff, I have tried to call them but the line is always busy.

Ive only just realised that they havnt had my license for more than 9 months its only 8. Where they got the nine months from I have no idea.

Can you change the title please from 10 months to 9. They totally confused me now. I know thats not hard :lol: but you know me.

I am going to send an email and send one to my MP, not that he is any more useful than a chocolate teapot. But something needs to be done.

Well that was enlightening, I managed to get through to them on the phone, first off, how bloody rude these people are. Not to mention contractionary.

I explained that it had taken over two weeks for a letter to get to me, he said it shouldnt of taken that long, then he said that it takes about 2 weeks for a letter to be received from them :!: talk about confusion. :twitch:

I was then rudely told that if i didnt like how the system was run I shouldnt renew my license, or words to those effects.

I was then told that I had renewed my license back in October and that as the application had nearly run out I needed to make another application, but a different one. I had no idea that I had renewed my licence, or made an application, I was on the understanding that it was a review of my license due to my health and ability to drive.

Any way he told me that I dont have to pay for the renewal or the driving test, so that is a relief.

He also told me that it takes a very long time to go through this process, if thats the case why tell people it takes only 12 weeks. By the time I actually have this resolved we could be looking at a year in all. that to me is NOT acceptable at all.

Well that was enlightening, I managed to get through to them on the phone, first off, how bloody rude these people are. Not to mention contractionary.

I explained that it had taken over two weeks for a letter to get to me, he said it shouldnt of taken that long, then he said that it takes about 2 weeks for a letter to be received from them :!: talk about confusion. :twitch:

I was then rudely told that if i didnt like how the system was run I shouldnt renew my license, or words to those effects.

I was then told that I had renewed my license back in October and that as the application had nearly run out I needed to make another application, but a different one. I had no idea that I had renewed my licence, or made an application, I was on the understanding that it was a review of my license due to my health and ability to drive.

Any way he told me that I dont have to pay for the renewal or the driving test, so that is a relief.

He also told me that it takes a very long time to go through this process, if thats the case why tell people it takes only 12 weeks. By the time I actually have this resolved we could be looking at a year in all. that to me is NOT acceptable at all.

Seanamarts, I've pm'd :)

'The work of drivers medical assessment is growing significantly year on year. The process is reliant on external medical assessments which add complexity and

time to the process. It is the source of the majority of complaints to DVLA." (page 25 of : )

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/283795/review-of-dvla.pdf

No surprise there, then!.

Seanamarts, I've pm'd :)

'The work of drivers medical assessment is growing significantly year on year. The process is reliant on external medical assessments which add complexity and

time to the process. It is the source of the majority of complaints to DVLA." (page 25 of : )

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/283795/review-of-dvla.pdf

No surprise there, then!.

very interesting