Alleged Bus Lane Contravention

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I could really do with some advice:

I've received a 34J 'Being in a bus lane (in the hours of operation) on Commercial Road (Nr Beecroft St) Leeds - the time of the alleged offence is 06:07.

I was driving back from an appointment - in a route I don't usually use, but have no recollection of driving in the bus lane - it's not something I usually do and I don't know if there is a turning or a petrol station there but, from the image, the road seems deserted.

I've read a few posts where these penalty notices are based on the bus lane being 24hr so am assuming this is what has happened (though still can't see why I was in the lane!). Anyway some of these seem to have been overturned due to the wording and hoped I might be lucky enough to get the same fate!

It is a £60 fine with the option for reduction: 'If the penalty charge is paid before the end of the 14 days beginning with the date of service of the notice, the penalty charge will be reduced by half.'

Appreciate if not, but would appreciate guidance if there is any way around this.

Thanks