Global debt management recovery ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anybody heard of these delightful people?

They have left messages on my phone and sent letters

- the debt is something ran up by my ex husband

- we split up 13 years ago

I rang them and said I wanted the details taken off their records and the guy started cross examining me

The debt isn't mine and letters are all in my old married name

- he said he had got me by the electoral register

and would speak to his colleague jack jones tomorrow

to make a decision on whether or not they will remove the details

I've sent the letter back not at this Address

They were very nasty and have unnerved me ringing my house

- I only checked messages as I am waiting a hospital appointment.

Can anybody advise?

Stop talking to them, and get a FULL complaint in writing to them and to the regulators.

If they start sending letters to you for a debt that isnt yours, then they are in very deep trouble. Especially 13 years after the debt was accrued and its well Statute Barred.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

he said he had got me by the electoral register and would speak to his colleague jack jones tomorrow to make a decision on whether or not they will remove the details

I've sent the letter back not at this Address

Jack Jones indeed!! Stupid little boy, if he rings again, tell him he's got two hopes and one of those is 'Bob' laugh then hang up.

In all seriousness, check your credit file, just in case they have been foolish enough to leave muddy footprints over it, if they ring, then laugh and hang up, repeat the process until they receive this letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387367-Harassment-by-Telephone-(update-21.04.2014)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Jack Jones indeed!! Stupid little boy, if he rings again, tell him he's got two hopes and one of those is 'Bob' laugh then hang up.

In all seriousness, check your credit file, just in case they have been foolish enough to leave muddy footprints over it, if they ring, then laugh and hang up, repeat the process until they receive this letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387367-Harassment-by-Telephone-(update-21.04.2014)

Thank you I've just read my credit report and they haven't searched it and my old married name from 13 years ago isn't even on there so not sure how they got my details which is a worry - the man who left the message said he was called jack jones too!

Report them to the regulators and then ignore their prattle. Something like this MUST be reported.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Maybe he is a one band??

As Renegade said, complain to all who purport to police this incestuous industry.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for your help - what if there is a ccj on this because my ex has not paid what he should? Will it still be statue barred? Like I said there is nothing on my credit report linking me to this at all or my old married name I'm a bit of a panic merchant to be honest so really worried

You say this is not your debt?

Not a joint debt was it?

Might be an idea to expand on what the debt actually is/was?

If it was something for your ex and you were not part of it i.e. joint and several liability then you have no need to worry.

It was in his name and I was down as secondary on what he took out - he said he was paying the debt but like many other things hasn't it looks like it's not been paid since 2002 we divorced the year after and it's been 14 years since I had any contact with him

If your name was on it as well, you would probably have been liable for it. But chances are now, it is well and truely statute barred.

If your name was on it as well, you would probably have been liable for it. But chances are now, it is well and truely statute barred.

Ok thanks very much I've searched my credit record and can't see it listed or any CCJ so that's reassuring thank you

It may well be but if he has been making, say, token payments on it then it may not be that easy.

It does sound like this may well be SB but we need to be careful about definitive statements without knowing the full details.

Perhaps some more investigating to find out when exactly the last payment or written acknowledgement was?

Thats what i was thinking ims. i very much doubt her ex has paid anything, but as you say we cant be sure. Chances are the DCA doesnt know that, so why not make them do all the leg work.

• Confused 1

Thats what i was thinking ims. i very much doubt her ex has paid anything, but as you say we cant be sure. Chances are the DCA doesnt know that, so why not make them do all the leg work.

I doubt he's paid a penny last I heard he had moved totally out of the area I'll see if jack jones calls me back tomorrow and take it from there or see if they send any other letters

Thank you for the advice

If he calls. Dont talk to them you are being phished and marked as gullible. If they call again just say " in writing please" and hang up. Dont get into a convo with them. Just hang up.

If he calls. Dont talk to them you are being phished and marked as gullible. If they call again just say " in writing please" and hang up. Dont get into a convo with them. Just hang up.

thank you i will do that

If they call again just say " in writing please" and hang up.

Blooming eck renegade, your very polite!! :madgrin:

I always suggest being polite to start with, even if they arent. Then if theyre stupid enough to call again, then start the skrillex down the phone :)

When you divorced the law treats it as if you have died and the debt only remains with the principal so if your hubby owed money they cannot chase you as you are legally dead as far as the debt is concerned. Likewise, it he is due a windfall from back then you dont get any of that.