Unclear photographic evidence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I received a penalty charge for allegedly driving in a bus lane while in London.

However the photographic evidence is highly unclear with no clear display of our licence plate.

When I requested clearer evidence they sent us a picture of a darkened car with a licence plate in clear white with my plate on it. None of the pictures they have sent us have any clear discernible evidence that it was our car.

Whilst i was in London on the date of the incident, i think i was, the evidence seems really concerning in that it could have been any car. Furthermore, the original pictures sent were during the daytime and yet the only picture where there is a clear licence plate is near pitch black and the quality seems highly contrastable to that picture and the others.

Is there any way of defending this and can you offer any advice please?

Thank you

Chances are theyve ran the pic through some enhancing software to increase contrast to make the plate stand out more.

The question is, did you drive through the bus lane in contravention with the stated bylaws?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You could ask for the video, which is likely to be much clearer than stills. Is this from TfL? If so it will cost £10 and you are likely to have foregone the discount by the time it arrives.

However, from what you say, the probability is that you were in contravention and the video isn't going to change that, merely up the cost.

You have a print taken from the cctv which is why its darker, if you view the actual film it will most likely be clearer. Its either your car or it isn't the odds on you happening to be in the area on that day and then mistakenly getting a PCN for another car are fairly slim. As stated above either go view the video or pay up, just appealing on the grounds you are not convinced its your car will get nowhere they obviously think it is or you would not have got a PCN.