Item damaged by Arrow XL in delivery transit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I had a mattress delivered on Thursday by Arrow XL which I bought from a company on Amazon. It was already three days late (another story!) and I was waiting outside for them with my children in the car ready to take them to school as I'd been waiting nearly fifteen minutes for them to arrive after a call saying they would be five minutes! They put the mattress in the hallway and I left to take my children to school as they were now late! However, once I returned home and had time to inspect the mattress it was in an awful state! The double layered protective plastic was filthy and ripped in many places! This in turn had caused dirty marks (like grease?!) on the mattress and there is a rip in the corner of the actual mattress too!

Having contacted the company I bought it from by email, with pictures of the damage attached, they have called me today to say that as I signed for it, they can't claim back from the delivery company, but as a "good will gesture" they will replace it if I pay £40 for carriage! My husband then spoke to them and they eventually said they may be able to offer us some money back and we keep the mattress.

Now, neither of these options seem particularly appealing to me. When I buy a new mattress, I at least expect it to be in good clean condition to start with!!

I feel this should be brought up with Arrow XL as well, seeing as they are the ones that have damaged my property. Funnily enough though, I can't seem to find anywhere I can send an email to raise my concerns (other than sales or press addresses) as I want to send them the pictures with the information.

I have attached a few pictures to this so you can see the damage I am talking about! Any advice on how to handle either of these companies would be greatly appreciated as I know there are people out there who know more about consumer rights than I do!

Thank you in advance

Martini :)

let the company know what you are doing, they may be willing to take it back and deliver another one (and kick the backside of the courier as well as they are responsible for the courier's negligence, not you) The sale fo goods act and Distance selling regulations apply so the company is entirely wrong for not offering a proper replace/refund.

If the company wont act then contact them in writing asking to know things like there vat number. Also advise them you are Rejecting the goods under the sales of goods act. If they dont act then make a trading standards/ consumer direct or what ever they go by now complaint and going to be asking your bank to take the money back

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.