style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We sold a car to a garage back 2010,

a parking fine was issued for the car in 2012,

I moved out of my partners address in 2013 and letters which my ex did not open were being sent there.

Just last week Baliffs (Marstons) on behalf of Leeds city council came to my ex partners property

and took her car which unfortunately is still registered in my name.

I have called DVLA who have confirmed to me that the previous car in question was not registered to me

at the time the car received a parking fine.

How could this have happened?

What can I do,

the Baliffs are refusing to return the car despite this and are saying we have 7 days f which we are in the 6th.

Any help much appreciated

As you had not received any of the Statutory notices then you are legally entitled to file an Out of Time witness statement with the Traffic Enforcement Centre. All enforcement will then cease whilst the matter is being decided.

If you are able to PROVE that you sold the vehicle in 2010 this should be sufficient for the local authority to instruct Marston Group to release the vehicle.

Do you have any proof of the sale to the garage?

Sounds like the Council have made a cockup grand scale. I am no expert on Bailiff's but I believe that both should have checked on who that car was registered to at the time the parking ticket was issued as they are the person/driver responsible for the fine now.

dpick

As you had not received any of the Statutory notices then you are legally entitled to file an Out of Time witness statement with the Traffic Enforcement Centre. All enforcement will then cease whilst the matter is being decided.

If you are able to PROVE that you sold the vehicle in 2010 this should be sufficient for the local authority to instruct Marston Group to release the vehicle.

Do you have any proof of the sale to the garage?

The car was sold to a garage and taken in part exchange for another car, I was then summons to court shortly after for SORN cause there was no tax on the car, I told them I no longer owned the car and heard nothing after that then this.

The garage owner never gave me the part of the log book I needed to send off so it is partly my fault, however, DVLA are saying I was not the registered keeper at that time and they are saying they would not have told the baliffs I was, so I am confused as to how this happening.

Unfortunatley I do not have any of the transactional info for the car we bought or part ex'ed