Virgin media upgrade/fix ****Resolved****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have written a complaint on Virgin Media's forum re my recent treatment and service.

I originally phoned over my Wi-Fi not working but it's opened a whole can of worms. I don't know whether I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill but I would like to think not.

Please take a look and let me know whether it's me that being ridiculous or not.

I rang yesterday on the 150 number to query faulty Wi-Fi. It turns out when I upgraded last year Virgin never sent me a Super Hub which they should have, so I have not been receiving 30mb since September anyway. Nevertheless the advisor went to speak to management and got the authority to issue me a free one (after debating a charge for installation - not a chance!).

I then rang back later in the day after discussing with my family to subscribe to a larger, faster package of 100mb broadband, TiVo and calls. It turns out, the SuperHub that had "been ordered" that morning, hadn't been ordered. The second advisor guaranteed me that this time, it had been ordered along with the TiVo box for next day delivery (once again, after debating a charge that she could not waive, she found a discount code for it. I refuse to pay to install my own hardware, that's preposterous.) - That's today (12/06/14)

When I ring today for my tracking code from Yodel to make sure I won't miss it, I am greeted by the warming notion that once again, my boxes were not ordered correctly and therefore will not be arriving today, the next time they can be delivered is next Wednesday, a week after promised next day delivery. Once they had been ordered and the £20 delivery charge explained (of which she offered to knock £10 off for loss of earnings, and subsequently waived) I was still pretty fuming so went through to the retentions line as it was the only feasible complaint option available, other than e-mail or the forum.

Once through to the retentions like they were empathetic but ultimately unhelpful - they were able to definitely confirm a delivery is going to happen though. He checked whether there was any engineer that would be able to deliver a box in my local area faster, which there wasn't and presumably explored other options for me (of which I am unsure).

I genuinely cannot believe the service I have received from yourselves, it has wasted one extra of my annual leave days, my Wi-Fi is still not fixed and has been pursued no further, I would rather not have to go through your options again, although I know them fairly well by now. In the first instance it is Virgins fault that I did not receive the original SuperHub, I have been left without what I pay for (receiving 20mb rather than 30mb) since September last year and as a long standing customer to want to charge me to upgrade your old, outdated hardware is a disgrace.

TL;DR Virgin messed up three times and made me waste 2 days annual leave. Also one third of my internet for 9 months, tried to charge me £20 on three separate occasions and still don't get it right, and then make me a week after telling me a day when I agreed to upgrade and tie in for another year!

Disgrace.

Hi badmoneyethics

I don't think your being ridiculous, I would escalate the complaint.

I would write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do about it. Tell them you want to be compensated.

Send it to:-

Mr Tom Mockridge

Chief Executive

Virgin Media

tom.mockridge@virginmedia .co.uk

Let us know how you get on.

What sort of compensation should I be seeking?

A days wage and anything more for inconvenience? Should I also play on the fact I was receiving one third of my internet for 9 months and try and get refunded for that?

If those things are the case I'd be looking in the region of £200, is that reasonable? It seems a lot for the issues they've caused but I suppose it is entirely their fault.

One days wage ~ £70

1/3 of my bill for 9 months ~ £120

Inconvenience - Not too major, but the bother of booking time off at work, making phone calls, writing complaints and letters etc. would £20 cover that?

Dear Mr. Mockridge,

I am writing to you to complain about the service I have received by Virgin Media. I am appalled by the way I have been treated and believe the service offered has been ultimately substandard.

I have posted the issue to your Virgin Media forums in the hope of a response however have not yet received one, I have also been advised to contact yourself regarding the matter.

With reference to the following account number: xxxxxxxx

I enclose the post on your forum for you to read personally and would like to hear a response within the next two days detailing how you are going to put this right.

I am sad to say your ex-gratia offer was also insulting, offering me £10 off the delivery charged for a missed day of work, which is entirely your fault. And to try three times to charge an existing, loyal customer when it was your fault I hadn't already been upgraded is ludicrous. My loyalty dates back to TeleWest, and I expect it to be acknowledged.

I do expect to be compensated for the issues and inconvenience you have caused and I propose an absolute minimum of a days worth of my salary, and some form of refund for the bandwidth I have missed out on due to your, once again, substandard hardware, not to mention the inconvenience caused to me through having to phone and write numerous times to fix the issue.

Sincerely,

badmoneyethics

Is this reasonable? Too demanding? Should I put a monetary figure there? Is two days too short a time?

Thanks CAGgers.

Hi badmoneyethics

Lets see what they comeback with, it's really what you feel you should be compensated for the poor service and inconvenience. Keep all communication in writing.

Remember there are various actions that you can take, depending on what they come back with.

My issue has been resolved, I have had a Super Hub and TiVo box expressed to me which arrived just before 12am today (From Yodel, who had no slots until next Wednesday, or so I was told). I received a call half an hour later to make sure I had them and if I needed a hand setting it up, or if I had already done it.

I received no compensation for my wasted time as its a "residential installation" but luckily they have agreed to knock £3 off my bill for 18 months and £2.50 off it for 6 months. I have also had the delivery charge waived, again...

All in all the complaint handler who rang me was nice, knowledgeable and apologised numerous times for all the issues I had.

I'll stick with them after all, J (the handlers initial) has changed my perception of their service with the length she went to to fix the issue. If I do need anything in future, I'll just email the CEO I think.

Hi badmoneyethics

Compensation – Refund Policy

Virgin Media is keen to ensure our customers receive a fair deal. We provide compensation

on an individual customer case basis, where customers have been disadvantaged by Virgin

Media actions, providing that customers have been using the services in accordance with our

published terms and conditions.

http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/004942%20Code%20of%20Practice.pdf

I would write back, tell them this is unsatisfactory.

I considered arguing further with her or asking to escalate it however I wouldn't want to antagonize them any further - I think iv been pretty stern and tough with them over this and have heard some horror stories of contracts being cancelled with no notice/little notice.

My TiVo is up and running, and so is my WiFi so I'm chuffed, and they must have done something magic to take an email from past 5 o'clock yesterday and get a box and hub delivered today.

I would not rate the customer services by any means, at least not the front desk. Beware as they WILL fob you off, ask to speak to a supervisor or go to retentions with your issue.