Carcraft 7 day policy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

where to start

we bought a fiesta eco 1.6tdi based on advice given by carcraft,

initially my wife didnt like the car too much as its a bit barren and obviously a very low spec

but she was swayed by promises of 75 mpg and nil road tax.

after almost a week of driving and shockingly seeing 50 mpg at most

she decided she wasnt going to put up with the lack of goodies and get less mpg than my 2.0 diesel

so she returned and advised she wanted to exchange,

that was 3 weeks ago,

since then we have had lies promises excuses more lies and

now have 2 credit agreements with BH for 2 cars one of which is still in the showroom.

simple question

carcraft have now had almost 4 weeks to resolve this and still no resolution in sight,

my wife was literally grilled by both salespeople and an operations manager about the reasons she wanted to exercise her "no quibble" right to swap,

in the end she lost it and advised the reason didnt matter but it was her choice.

After all this time and 2 official complaints from BH are we within our rights to claim breach of contract as they have failed to exchange in a reasonable timescale?

The Micky mouse second finance deal which seems to be a common theme was apparently used as a deposit without our knowledge on the first car

and is classed as a personal loan

what happens with that if we do in fact return the car under a breach of contract?

BH were very interested in that little morsal when we told them about it too

Edited by cssuk

I am getting worried by this second loan scheme

this is the 2nd or third thread here of resent that mentions these

appears to be to part pay for the car or the warranty [useless and unnecessary under SOGA etc]

or in this case used to pay a 'deposit' on the car

without the main financier [in this case Blackhorse]

knowing anything about it

urm........

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes i gather that not sure on the legality of it all really you sign up for a car and discover a personal loan slipped in under the mat but can anyone answer the breach of contract question?

Hi we do indeed have it to hand but posting on a public forum is a big no no am afraid as it obviously has lots of info however the whole things a moot point now, after boning up on the relevant laws and exerting pressure on both CC and the credit Co in this case BH the whole deal has now been scrapped, we have our old car back which incidentally they hadnt yet paid for 4 weeks later! and they have the heap of junk they tried to sell us back i will not be ripped off when the law is clearly on my side, the secondary loan has also been cancelled and we have walked away.

One point i would like to mention and get advice about, we gave them a settlement figure for our car which expired at the next payment 2nd june peugeot finance attempted to take a payment on 2nd we thought in error however it seems CC hadnt paid so it was BAU for them, so not only did we get stitched up with an extra loan but we would have paid an extra months payment on our old car that we didnt have! a chargeback was done but this will now be reversed peugeot are ok with this b ut it obviously now shows a late payment.

CC registered our car even though it wasnt paid for so now it has an extra owner from 2 to 3 this is something i intend to seek compensation for as well as the umpteen calls to 0844 numbers, our part exchange which was in perfect condition when traded in now has a bleached spot on a seat again i will be looking for compensation for that, i have been given the email address of the main man who i am told is Robin Bridge no idea if thats accurate but i will find out.

opinioins if you will about my chances of getting anything back from them for all this ?

We wouldn't have expected it to have been put up with all your personal details being redacted.

Shame, as this give us no chance to pick the contract to pieces so helping others.

If you do your correspondence by recorded delivery, you stand more of a chance than by phone or email. If you are out of pocket then bill them and see what they come back with. You can then decide on the next move.