• Tweets

• Doc 04-19-2024 11-01-51-merged-compressed.pdf good morning.    9 pages attached.    thank you  UCM
    • Hi I was being supplied my ovo after unknowingly being swapped from SSE.  My issues began when we had a smart meter fitted and our bills almost doubled overnight - we at the time assumed we were just paying not enough until then and just continued to pay the excess bills each. Month.    I would from time to time contact ovo and get faced with a call centre on South Africa of the most rude agents who would just hang up after hours of wait and I could not even get an acknowledgement of an issue with my meter.  At one point we were not in the property for like 4 months and the bills were coming just as high!  It was at this point I was sure something is not right and ovo only care to send bailiffs and started threatening us with a pay as you go meter despite me taking out a 3.5k loan to pay of my outstanding balance.  Around 1600 each on both gas and electricity.  This is where its gets really bad -  the very same day they sent me out a new bill saying the money paid already was only to cover up until the November previous and because its now Feb we owe another 1k.   By that August this had risen to over 3k and I still couldn't get anyone to even acknowledge a fault let alone fix it.    In despair I tried to swap suppliers and to my surprise octopus accepted us because even tho the debt is owed we are trying deal with.  During our time with them the bill was coming only on my wife's name as I was responsible for other bills and she this one - now that we owe them 3k they have magically started adding my name as well as my wife's to the same debt to apply double pressure and its showing on my experiwn report now with a question mark and 2700 showing in grey -  This was my wife's debt which we dispute we owe yet the have now sent me letter with both our names on from oriel and past due credit debt agencies - is this illegal and how can I get them to take my. Name of this and leave on wife's name as its so unfair they give us a both a defualt for wife's debt which we dispute anyway.    In the end about 3 weeks ago I wrote an email to their ceo and rishi sunak and low and behold for the first time in our history with ovo someone who spoke English contacted us and said she will look into our claim.    I explained to her that we feel our meter is faulty and despite me contacting them using WhatsApp email and phone I still have not got anyone to acknowledge a fault even. And that I dispute I Owe anything as my son was in hospital for 3 months and we stayed with him so house was empty and still. They were sending us super sized bills more than when we started at home.  She promised to investigate and a few days later replied that she is sorry for the poor customer service and offered us £50 compensation - however she also. Mentioned that she's attached statements for us confirming the payment for 3k I made was only up until Nov and in Feb despite me pay 3.5k nearly it's correct for them to bill. Me. Another £900 the very same day and she did not agree our meter was faulty and therfore the debt stands and she will not be calling it bcak from past due credit.  During my time with my new supplier post ovo, octopus I requested tehy check my. Meters because I felt they were faulty and over charging me and I got excellent response asking me for further details which I supplied and I got a. Response bcak within days to say my meter was indeed faulty and octopus have now remotely repaired it.   I then contacted the energy ombudsman and explained my situation how she at ovo tried to fob me off and demand I apy money we don't feel we owe due to faulty equipment we reported but ovo had to process or mechanism to deal with it or lodge complaint even without having to cc their ceo and our pm. And now I feel sick to think both husband and wife will get a 6  year default for debt which have a validity of a questionable nature.    I explained all this to the energy ombudsman and they accepted my case and I explained to them that my new supplier found my fault which ovo refueed to accept - I've uploaded the email from new supplier to ombudsman showing we had a fault.    My. Question is is there anything I can upload in defence of my case to ombudsman before they decide outcome ina few weeks    All advice greatly appreciated not only would I like advice on how to clear this debt but also how I can pursue ovo for compensation and deterrence for the future.  Thansk 
    • Thanks for the reply dubai 50 - if the statute is 10 years it has long passed - if it is 15 years i havea few months left. i shall ignore until it gets serious  An update - - I sent the letter to the bank in Dubai ( I did get delivery confirmation from Royal Mail)   - I have moved to a new address ( this is the address i gave to the bank in dubai)  - IDR are continuing to send Letters to the old address, which leads me to believe they are not in contact with the bank at all. - i have not replied to any correspondence digital or hard as they are non threatening ( as of yet).        
    • Your topic title was altered last June 23 by the owner of this forum in the interests of the forum Anyway well done on your result and thank you for concluding your topic, title updated.   Andy   .
    • So what    Why ? Consent Order/ Confidentiality ? This would be be invaluable to followers of your topic.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ebay looting my account

Jase1982
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Hope someone may be able to help me with this.

About 6 months ago I sold a phone on Ebay for around £170.

Once the auction had ended the buyer transferred the money to my paypal account.

I then promptly withdrew this amount as I needed it in my account and paypal happily debited my account with the money.

About a day later I receive an E-mail from Paypal saying the payment had been placed in dispute and Paypal would get back to me.

After a week of me E-mailing Paypal and getting nowhere they said that they were depositing the funds back to the buyer – my account was now $254 in arrears.

have received several E-mails since asking me to bring my account back up to spec. I

have gone back to them and asked them why they returned the funds and they have not provided me with ANY reason.

I am now being chased by a debt collection agency.

What can I do about this?

I can’t really afford to pay back this money as I have sold the phone and Paypal refused to provide me with any reasoning over the r

Hi Jase,

I had an almost identical incident with Paypal - I argued for months via email with them and refused to pay the arrears, they said they had passed it to a DCA but i heard nothing, so I assumed it had been resolved. That was around 3 months ago since last word came from Paypal.

I decided, just incase they send the details to a DCA that I would send a "Notice of Dispute" giving them 14 days to resolve my complaint - i suggest you do this, send it to both Paypal and whatever DCA is hounding you. (Copy of my letter below)

:)

----------------

Paypal (UK) Ltd

Attn: PPEL Customer Complaints

PO Box 9473

Dublin 15

Ireland

Dear Sirs,

I refer you to our dialogue between 29/03/2006 and 17/05/2006 concerning payment for :

Transaction Date: 8 Dec 2005

Transaction Amount: -152.00 GBP

Your Transaction ID: *************

Buyer's Transaction ID: ************

Case Number: PP-***********

Buyer's Name: *******

Buyer's Email: ***************

Seller’s Email: ****************

Dispute Reason: Non Receipt

Please be advised that the matter is now "In Dispute" and therefore you may not pursue any enforcement action in relation to it.

I require you to immediately refund any monies taken from my PayPal account in relation to this item or to immediately secure return of the item to me as an unpaid item. Please also ensure my PayPal account is fully re-instated. Further, I require the full contact details of the buyer of this item as I may report this to the Police in due course as a criminal matter.

I am happy to pursue the financial matter between us via the courts if necessary however I am mindful of my duty to mitigate and therefore I will outline the circumstances surrounding the matter once more in an attempt to secure your goodwill, and the return of the purchase price of the item.

***INSERT DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF EVENTS***

I look forward to hearing from you within the next 14 days. If I do not, or if your reply is unsatisfactory, I will issue you with a Letter Before Action as your final opportunity to settle this matter outside the courtroom. I will also report the matter to the Police as a possible criminal offence in which PayPal appears to have been complicit.

Yours Faithfully

Nathan Ware

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

UNTIL MY CASES ARE RESOLVED/WON IM GOING TO KEEP MY SIGNATURE BLANK AS IM AWARE THE BANKS TEND TO TRAWL ON SOME OF THESE FORUMS AND AS MY CASE IS A LITTLE COMPLEX IT WOULD BE EASILY SPOTTED

DONT WORRY - THE INFO SHALL RETURN ONCE THE CASE IS RESOLVED/WON

The easiest thing would be to send the DCA a letter asking for signed documentation between PayPal and yourself that outlines this "alledged account". As you know, you do not sign any agreement with PayPal - So you can get them at the first hurdle. Check my other posts for an idea of the letter to send. I'd also suggest that if you sign the DCA letter, use a different signature - Just to ensure that if an "agreement" is sent to you, you'll know where the "signature" came from :)

I'd suggest that you do this before you offer yourself to this company, first ensure that you are the right person they want, then ensure that what they are chasing is legitimate... Then ask them to prove it... If they can't, you're home-free...

The BidsterMeister

Helper of the hapless and hopeless...

Hehehe... I recognise that letter... ;)

Yup - Its one you helped me with Tom , hehe :)

Nathe

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

UNTIL MY CASES ARE RESOLVED/WON IM GOING TO KEEP MY SIGNATURE BLANK AS IM AWARE THE BANKS TEND TO TRAWL ON SOME OF THESE FORUMS AND AS MY CASE IS A LITTLE COMPLEX IT WOULD BE EASILY SPOTTED

DONT WORRY - THE INFO SHALL RETURN ONCE THE CASE IS RESOLVED/WON

Guest HUSBANDKHAN

Is The Dca Ncr Or Somthing ? They Do Ebays Debt Collections As Paypal Is Part Of Ebay. Paypal Has Been Given A Credit Licence By The Government But Their Whol System Is Flawed. They Will Always Be On The Side Where Theydont Have To Get Off Their Sad Backs. I Have Had A Couple Where Payments Have Been Made And Then Chargebacks Have Appeared And My Account Has Been Suspended. Then They Try To Debit Your Account With The Nil Balance And Also Will Try And Debit Your Credit Card/debit Card With Small Amounts As Small As 3 Quid Over A Period Of Time To Recoup Their Own Losses. Also Apparantly Now The Only Payment Method You Can Use Apart From Cheque/po Is Paypal. So Much For Their £500 Protection.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

To summarise, I listed some items using Ebay. They withdrew these items for whatever reason after they were won by bidders that did not intend to pay.

They then charged me £33 for these listings after saying that they would refund the charges applied as the listings were removed by Ebay.

It has now been 3 months and all they keep saying is that they will forward the claim to the 'credit' department. What can I do? I have threatened them with legal action but as previously discovered, they're customer service is apalling.

but as previously discovered, they are customer service is apalling.

Eh?

-----------------------

Anyway - if you've threatened them with legal action, have you sent a "Letter Before Action", and if so what time limit did you give them to respond? Has that time limit expired?

If not, that is what you need to do. I would suggest 14 days; after that I would start a claim against them.

HOWEVER: you need to be certain that these items did not contravene EBay's policies for listings; if they did, then you cannot get anything from them.

I expect I'm going to have a similar issue with Paypal shortly.

I sold a mobile phone to someone who asked me to ship it to his 'cousin' in Pakistan. The buyer was based in the US. He paid for international signed for delivery so I have all the tracking info but there has since been a chargeback applied to my Paypal account (probably from the owner of the real credit card) and £255 put in dispute. I've sent them all the tracking information but I'm fully expecting Paypal to get back to me soon to say basically, "tough - you've lost your money and we've refunded the credit card company".

In anticipation of this, should I send them the letter kindly posted by natheyabdn in this thread?

My Paypal account is still in credit so I'm not in quite the same position as Jase1982.

I can't believe I fell for this [problem]! I'm usually SO hot on stuff like this and never let myself get screwed over by anyone! Obviously by shipping to a different address than the buyer's registered address on Paypal it means I'm not covered by their ludicrously complex 'Seller Protection Policy'.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Nationwide Current a/c - MCOL filed 16/8/06 - Refunded 1/9/06

Lloyds TSB CC#1 - Failed to respond in full to Data Protection Act. Awaiting date of court hearing

Lloyds TSB CC#2 - Awaiting date of court hearing

Marbles CC - Refunded at LBA stage £100!!!

Citi CC - Date of hearing set at 15/1/07

MBNA (Abbey) CC - MCOL filed 27/7/06 - Refunded in full on day Abbey had to acknowledge claim!

Capital One CC - MCOL filed 27/7/06 - Refunded in full 17/8/06!

Abbey Current a/c - Awaiting date of court hearing

HFC Loan - MCOL filed 25/8/06 - Refunded 8/9/06

I don't think it's looking good for you - International Signed For does not offer confirmation of delivery or proof of delivery. You have no way of proving that the item has been delivered.

Even if you did, it would show the item had been delivered in Pakistan when the buyer is in America so would be no proof that the buyer has received it.

The buyer has pulled a fast one and I don't think there's a lot you're going to be able to do about it.

I hope somebody else can give you some more constructive advice, but I wouldn't hold your breath!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

christmasrallycag_468x60.gif

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

The only 'proof' I have that the item has been delivered is that the buyer has posted the following comment on my eBay feedback :

"A+++ Phone Arrived Same As Described! Excellent!"

Nationwide Current a/c - MCOL filed 16/8/06 - Refunded 1/9/06

Lloyds TSB CC#1 - Failed to respond in full to Data Protection Act. Awaiting date of court hearing

Lloyds TSB CC#2 - Awaiting date of court hearing

Marbles CC - Refunded at LBA stage £100!!!

Citi CC - Date of hearing set at 15/1/07

MBNA (Abbey) CC - MCOL filed 27/7/06 - Refunded in full on day Abbey had to acknowledge claim!

Capital One CC - MCOL filed 27/7/06 - Refunded in full 17/8/06!

Abbey Current a/c - Awaiting date of court hearing

HFC Loan - MCOL filed 25/8/06 - Refunded 8/9/06

Paypal wouldn't accept that as proof. Even though they are owned by ebay.

Ludicrous!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

christmasrallycag_468x60.gif

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi guys,

I sent a letter to paypal and NCO stating my dispute over this claim. Now, this week I receive a card through the post saying some guy will be calling round on Tuesday.

What does that mean? Should I be scared? I was going to send a letter on Monday, recorded delivery saying this matter is in dispute and as such they can not touch me. I just wanna get rid of them because I shouldn't have to pay due to Paypal's mismanagement of my account.

Any thoughts?

Guest HUSBANDKHAN

The whole paypal system is flawed. I have been there and done and also experienced it. They say that they are secure etc. Just another way of monopolising.

Hi guys,

I sent a letter to paypal and NCO stating my dispute over this claim. Now, this week I receive a card through the post saying some guy will be calling round on Tuesday.

Any thoughts?

There are a few threads on Paypal that mention this letter. As I recall, this is a standard letter similiar to the ones the bailiffs send out, i.e., "We will be coming around to put you in prison, you naughty debtor, you..." I sincerely doubt anyone will turn up, no one else who has received one of these has had a visitor...

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

I bet the card was from "P Brown", right ? Nobody ever calls. It's made to look hand delivered, when in fact - It's been posted. Do not worry about PayPal and NCO. You could try getting all the documentation from NCO regarding the matter - If necessary, you may have to do it via a Data Protection Act request. You could also do PayPal, too... That'll give them something else to do - and put a halt to their collections.

The BidsterMeister

Helper of the hapless and hopeless...

I hate PayPal - they did the same to me and I will kindly and happily donate to this site but I really don't think that PayPal should be the ones to make on this arrangement.

Is there any other way people can donate to this site for help, rather than go through paypal?

I am expecting to get a DCA letter from them soon.... *sigh*

I found this site at one point, and havn't really read a great deal (I found most of what I did read to be malicious slander by stupid people), but perhaps it has something that can help someone, since it is dedicated to people who have been screwed over by paypal. Good luck all.

PayPalSucks.com is where you will learn about the PayPal Class Action Lawsuit, Abuse, Fraud & evil behind the PayPal system!

I found this site at one point, and havn't really read a great deal (I found most of what I did read to be malicious slander by stupid people), but perhaps it has something that can help someone, since it is dedicated to people who have been screwed over by paypal. Good luck all.

PayPalSucks.com is where you will learn about the PayPal Class Action Lawsuit, Abuse, Fraud & evil behind the PayPal system!

Thanks for that link!

Hello again,

I have now had another letter from a supposed solicitors office - S.C. Leatham-Locke LL.B. Strange that they're from the same address as the last people! Do they think I'm stupid?! They now say that they have reviewed the case and are advising legal action. If I don't pay within 72 hours then they'll tan my backside or something like that!

This was on the 9th because I only just picked the letter up. Nothing else has been received.

Does anyone know who I can complain to regarding Paypal?

As I stated the validity of this claim was in dispute I know they can not take legal action! What are they playing at?

It is a criminal offence to impersonate a solicitor... try to find out if they ARE solicitors but in any event I think that a complaint to Trading Standards should see these idiots off... if they're not solicitors or don't have one resident then they are in VERY deep water - especially if you copy your complaint to the Law Society. In fact, the Law Society should be able to advise you if a solicitor is registered as operating from that address or under that name...

Hi,

Cheers mate. I did a search using the Law Society website. Surprise surprise. No registered address at the post code provided. I am now going to go to town on Paypal and these jokers!

Could I ask another favour? do you have any links or contact information for any regulatory authorities? i.e. trading standards, as suggested.

You'll need the Trading Standards in the area where the address of these clowns is. Send them a letter setting out what's happened, and photocopies of the letters you've received from them. They should be onto them right quick smart... no worries!

No idea how to find out the address for the local trading standards branch, but Google should find you the national TS website at least. As to the Law society, send them a copy of your complaint at the address on their website.