• Tweets

• Update: tfl is taking me to court I'm trying to get an ooc claim from them but they have not been replying to my emails. 
    • Thousands of Chinese companies are making synthetic opioids and shipping them around the world.View the full article
    • Are these the important pages I need to upload ? 1.  pages 1-4 are court form 10a 2.  2 pages of the CCA agreement  3.  Default notice from NewDay, 22/02/20 4.   Lowell letter stating they own debt ,     Dated 16/11/20 5. Unheaded letter also dated 16/11/20 from NewDay saying they assigned “all of the respective rights etc,”  to Lowell on 23/10/20 I make this 9 relevant pages from what I can see   ( all other pages are statements/default notes and lots of FCA info sheets) just needing your confirmation in advance as I don’t want to send over pages that are not required thank you  UCM      
    • Thanks Dave It's not too far away, about 8 or 9 miles, I will probably venture over on my bike if I can't think of a good reason to drive there again! I'll have a chat with Mrs GB_Joe tomorrow and see which shops they visited, I know M&S was on the list (had to try on multiple sets of trousers!) and they are actually in that bit of retail park. The uniform shop is across the way in the Meridian Centre, so probably not helpful to get them involved.
    • As they have failed to deliver their original PCN you will need to send them an SAR where they should provide that PCN. It should show the address they used . If it is not your current one that would explain the non delivery. If it was correct then perhaps the Post office messed up. A more cynical view would be that UKPC didn't send it so that you couldn't claim the reduction. It appears that UKPC have been there for some time  but I have been unable to find any pictures of their Notices.The leisure park itself is pretty big so while some parts maybe give 5 hours free parking other parts may have restrictions like permits. I haven't been there for years -I went  to Nandos and the bowling centre . I am surprised that they are now infested with UKPC as the place is plenty big enough not to require their dubious services. If you live not to far away it would help if you could get some legible pictures of their signs. Be carful to park in an area that doesn't require a permit and take photos of the entrance signs, the five hour sign and the permit only sign as well as any other signs that are different from the previous signs. Also if their is a payment machine could you please photograph that.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Sparky's Lass Vs Abbey

sparkydawg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey everybody,

My lass sent a letter to abbey along with £10 for her account statements for the last six years. This was around 24th Sep but to date she has only received the last 18 Months worth. We are looking to claim back for three different accounts so its time to begin. Was a bit unsure how to start the process but i have read through many of the threads and think i have a very good understanding of the process. We are going to send the Data protection letter requesting the statements they havent sent and highlight the fact that it was a S.A.R.

This will no doubt result in the Microfiche story but lets see!!!

Relevant ppl Relevant!!

Sparky

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Quick question. Im sure ive seen a draft letter for this b4 somewhere but cant find it now. Preliminary letter stating estimated charges as ive not received all the info.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

-----------------------------------------------

Mortgage Express charges- settled in full after issuing claim

------------------------------------------------

To view the FAQ'S click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

To view the PRELIM letter click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

To view the Letter Before Action click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

To find Registered Address:

http://www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/esd/search.asp

If my advise helps click here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/reputation.php?p=366404

OMG......

Girlfriend visited the bank today to pay off her overdraft and it turns out she has been charged for being overdrawn and not having enough money in her account when a cheque was cashed.. She has no cheque book for this account and the bank told her it was for the request of the bank statements. First things she had an agreement to pay money for the next two months to pay off her overdraft but thats another story. Abbey actually took the money out of the wrong account in the form of a cheque???????... causing more charges. I physically hate these ppl and cannot wait to get money back. Then im going to dedicate some of my free time for the rest of my life ensuring everyone and anyone gets their money back also..

Going to amend a letter to them stating that they have not sent the remaining statements, that they took money out the wrong account resulting in more charges and the remaining time they have b4 i take them to the cleaners.

Argggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

Hey everyone. Can someone have a look at this letter i've drafted and let me know if it sounds O.K.

Pam Speed

Regulatory Compliance

Abbey National plc

Abbey House

201 Grafton Gate East

Milton Keynes

MK9 1AN

24/10/06

Data Protection Act disclosure request

Dear Pam

Account Numbers: **, **, **

I am in receipt of your letter dated 22/09/2006, outlining that you could only provide me with printouts covering recent transactions on my account, because any earlier information has been archived onto microfiche. I also acknowledge receipt of the duplicate statements you forwarded and am pleased to inform you that I have received statements dating from Jun 2005 to Sep 2006.

My request was for a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my account since Sep 2000 to Sep 2006– in short, a list of charges with dates and amounts – alternatively, a complete set of account statements for that period will be acceptable. This should be retrievable from your accounting systems, and easy for you to produce. I will accept a computer print out of these transactions.

I am aware that you have been willing and able to provide other customers with a print-out of transaction information covering this period – and am ready to bring this to the attention of the Information Commissioner should it prove necessary. I would also draw your attention to Smith v Lloyds TSB Bank plc (2005) EWHC 246 (Ch).

I am also aware that The Information Commissioner has conducted an investigation and has decided that Abbey is breaching its statutory obligations. The Abbey microfiche system is a "relevant filing system".

Unless I receive immediate disclosure of my information as requested on my Authorisation form dated 28/09/06 I will go to court without any further notice.

As stated above, a complete set of account statements for the period in question will be acceptable; however, I expect this to be provided within the time period for Data Protection Act compliance. The payment for transaction statements was taken out of my account dated 05/10/06 (The wrong account may I add causing charges on my account) therefore giving 14/11/06 as the deadline.

Should there be any further attempts to delay compliance, I will be left with no alternative but to commence a County Court action under section 7, and section 15(2) of the Data Protection Act 1998, and in due course, escalate this matter into an official complaint to the Information Commissioner and the FSA.

Yours faithfully

Five days until DPA 40 days is up. I have drafted up the prelim letter and have a list of charges for two accounts and a estimated amount for the account with only a year of statements. When calling abbey to complain about taking money out of wrong account we got a very unhelpful employee who really didn't care about the charges and even told us that "its only a couple pounds!!!!". Yeah a couple pounds which were your fault in the first place. We got his name and he also gave us the phone number to compain about how unhelpful and rude he was!. Another call to abbey and a manager sorted it out and told us he will be disciplined. WINNER!. She also told us that the charges would have been £30 and he was speaking out of his a**e.

Well the forty days are up today,

Received a letter dated 10th Nov,

Any previous trnsactions have been archived onto microfiche and its not possible to provide you with a computer printout of these however we have made arrangements to send you a list of archived transactions between 2000 and 2005, under seperate cover.

Stalling technique or what????????

Prelim letter going tomorrow.

Hey all,

Prelim letter sent today recorded delivery. Anybody else at the same stage as me let me know so i can compare threads!.

I have estimated the amount as they have not provided me with all the info for one of the accounts.

Sparky

A question to anyone,

Been reading through some more threads as i do on a regular basis and noticed one about abbeys own request for statements. This is the form we sent off along with the £10 on the 24 Sep. We then sent the data protection act form to point out it was a request under this on the 6th Nov. As the first form was their form and did not state DPA, when does the 40 days start????????.

Any advise is greatly appreciated

Sparky

:confused:

Morning all,

Received a letter yesterday:

Sorry you not happy. one of the team will investigate , heres a complaint leaflet.

Well thank you very much but unless theres a cheque enclosed its no use to me at all. Its good to see that its going the same as others and theres plenty of threads i can use for reference.

LBA Due to be sent 30 Nov.

Anybody shed any light on my previous post???:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Received all microfiche statements last week and entered into spreadsheet. Was about to send off and the mail arrived. Noticed Abbey had refunded one of the transactions we had on list so had to ammend spreadsheet. As they didnt tell us about this they may have used it against us. CAUTION!. next stage LBA

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

Recieved GOGW offer of around £1300 today on a claim of over £3000. Will not be accepting this and will be writing to them to accept as a part payment and give them a chance to refund 100% before court action begins.

• 1 month later...

Hi sparky......good luck with your claim. By the sound of things you are about three weeks ahead of me so I'll keep watching your thread with interest.

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sparky - following your thread with interest as I'm a few weeks behind you in my battle with Abbey for a very similar sum, on behalf of my partner. My thread's 'Shabby Abbey - Battle Starts here!' if you're interested. Very best of luck with yours - will keep close eye on progress!

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)

Quick one,

I got charges from RBS this month because i went over my overdraft by £1.05. Phoned my local branch, spoke to customer services and got them to refund the £28 charge and cancel next months charge that has been caused by this months charge. Was informed it was a "AUTOMATED" system and as it was only £1 over they would sort it. Come on Abbey give our Lass her money back like the good people at RBS.

Hey all,

Received AQ and Abbeys defence. Nice to see they still operating their standard replies "50%" etc. You think they would like to save some money by paying up b4 this point would'nt you!!!!

Quick question before i hand AQ in.

If we do in fact have to goto court. As this claim is for my girlfriend do i have to let them know i want to be doing the explaing or just be there as i understand it all (well more than she does!!.LOL"

Cheers

hi sparkydawg I am a few weeks behind you so am going to be watching your topic with interest.

I am think the question you are asking about you claiming for you girlfriend has been answered in another topic, which I think was started fby Andys mum?

I have a look for you and post the link if I can find it

i think post 502 in this topic will answer you questions

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/53570-new-strategy-allocation-questionaires-26.html

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today is the final day for Abbeys AQ to be handed in. Will call the court after i finish work and see what the crack is. Boy its a hard day at work today. Saw whistleblower last night.....:x Scary stuff