• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear Mr Murai,

CAMELON BRANCH OF KWIK FIT 100 Glasgow Road Falkirk FK1 1XS

I would like to bring to your attention serious concerns regarding contact I have had with the above branch of Kwik-fit. I have been a long and loyal customer of Kwik-Fit. In this spirit, I purchased Marangoni Tyres from Kwik-Fit on the 6th of October 2012 to place onto Mercedes c180K for winter tyres. I have recycled them, alternating between summer and winter tyres. On Saturday the 7th June, I hit an object on the road which punctured my tyre. I was reassured in the knowledge that given the extended warranty the manufacturer places on this tyre, Kwik-Fit would be well placed to help me with my issue.

I took the car to Kwik-Fit Camelon, for inspection on Tuesday the 10th of June and the fitter advised me that to return with a receipt the next day. I duly did, only to be told that the year’s warranty had expired. I then informed the fitter that Marangoni are unique in offering a lifetime guarantee for accidental damage. The link here for provides details:

http://tyre.marangoni.com/Azienda/Warranty/Warrantyfolder.aspx#.U5jBDXamU1I

The fitter said he would need to speak to his manager. The manager (Alan) then came over and aggressively said “what’s the problem?” I explained the situation to him. He put it to me that Kwik-Fit do not offer the warranty and it’s only 1 year of cover. I said that was in contrast to Marangoni’s manufacturer guarantee.The manager Alan, then became visibly angry and raised his voice saying, aggressively “To be honest with you, I don’t care what Marangoni say. I’m telling you that we do what we offer, and i’m not interested in anything else. As far as i’m concerned it’s your problem, take it up with Marangoni!” I was quite perturbed by this reaction and said “no, i’ll take it up with your manager” and asked for his details.

Alan provided Wayne’s (The area manager) mobile number.I called Wayne at lunchtime today and to be honest, am less than impressed by his customer service. He repeated (many, many times) that indeed Alan was correct about the warranty. After much discussion, he eventually offered to take the tyre and send it to Marangoni to see if they would honour the warranty. I said that I would be delighted take him up on the offer. I then told him about the aggression and the disrespect I felt I had received. Wayne then explained that “as I wasn’t there, I can’t comment” I asked him what he was going to do about this and he said “nothing”. I clarified, asking “you won’t speak to him about this, or investigate it?” He said “no” I eventually had to terminate the call because Wayne was continually speaking over me. I clearly asked him to listen to me and told him he wasn’t listening to me several times, but he was at this point, quite frankly, ranting.

This is clearly an unacceptable outcome from the original complaint.For 10 years, I have worked in public service and if I was to treat a member of the public with the aggression and disrespect that I have been subjected to in my dealings over this minor issue, an investigation of complaint would take place and if upheld, I would be disciplined.

My complaint centres around this key principle- customers and moreover people in general, should never be subjected to abuse/shouting/aggression in any interaction, even when disagreement occurs.

In this measure, Alan and Wayne have fallen well short of the mark. As a result, I will take my business elsewhere in future and at the age of 32 and in the prestige market, I would surely have continued a mutually beneficial relationship with Kwik-Fit had this not happened. I would like to know the following:

1.What is the procedure that Kwik-Fit operates in order to deal with customers who have been subject to aggression and disrespect? Is it as Wayne suggests- to do nothing? Not to investigate, not to redirect? Not to support their staff to strive for better customer relations and dispute resolution?

2-Are Kwik-Fit staff trained to be aware of Manufacturers Warranties? Do they receive training in the procedures in place to support customers wishing to claim under these. It seems in this case they clearly do not.

3-What will Kwik-Fit do to help and support customers like myself who have suffered in this way?

I look forward to your response and would like to thank you for reading my complaint. I apologise for it’s length, but I felt it important that you should both appreciate the situation in full, and get a sense of my own frustration and upset.

Regards,John Young

Edited by Anotherdisallusionedcust

Hi Another

Welcome to CAG

In order for the guys here to read your post, you need to add spaces to create paragraphs.

Hi, Thanks for the welcome, glad to be here. Yeah, i do write in papagraphs and headings but for some reason it's not allowing this to happen. After you click "edit post" and then put in paragraphs by pressing enter? what next as, when i did this in the OP, it reverted immediately back.I'mtryingitnow

Any browser that has javascript disabled will do exactly what you are suffering from. It is a particular problem with this forum - I don't get it on other forums.

And an annoyance if you are running temporary permissions with Noscript on Firefox like me.

Hopefully your home browser will be OK. If not, report your original post (by pressing the triangle icon at the bottom of it) and ask a mod to punctuate your post.

You know, this whole thing got me thinking and i started asking around work about people's experiences of kwik fit and "extended warranties" on tyres. Many had paid more than originally, even when the warranty for "defects" kicked in. This is because the companies hike their price when dealing with a warranty claim so you end up paying through the nose. Chances are if you called up and priced it, agreed the price then took your damaged tyre to them you'd catch them out.

Mostly though, the warranties were worthless and never paid out. Another PPI???? lol

Hi guys, thanks for the advice. obv javascript was disabled... edited post above

JavaScript updates are a major source of malware so the majority of savvy companies won't allow it. It's also worth remembering on a home computer when an update wants to download without being asked. In the case of Java it would be safer to say no and then go to the Oracle site and get the download yourself.

Hi,

We are sorry to hear about this and we'd like to look into this for you. Please email [email protected] with your vehicle registration number and a contact telephone number and we will ensure this is looked in to.

Kind regards,

Kwik Fit Customer Service

[email protected]