• Tweets

• I’ve been getting debit collection letters from a number of diffrent companies but I don’t recognise any of them. So I signed up to one of the credit rating agencies to find out who I owed money to. But that didn’t help. It just lists the debit collection company and the amounts they say I owe them. The amounts are staggering. now I was caught out once before by a debit collection agency saying I owed money but not who to and I just paid it. It wasn’t till after this that I found out that some agencies just send letters demanding payment for a nonexistent debit. On my credit report it says I owe money to the debit collection agent but there are no records of any original debit. no unpaid loans or credit cards.  so what do I do? I had a serious brain injury so I have memory problems and some untreatable mental illness. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
    • Hi, I’m sorry I haven’t replied sooner and that I wasn’t clearer. The situation is this.  I had a pay as you go sim and wanted to change to a VOXI pay monthly account. the guy on the phone said I’d need a new sim that would be a standard pay monthly sim. He told me that once I got the sim then I could call and have it put on a VOXI account. So. I agreed but at some point in the,long conversation after he ordered the new sim he said that infact I didn’t need a new sim and could just change my pay as you go sim into a VOXI sim. so he did that. I assumed that that was the end of the matter. I had done what I set out to do. And didn’t think about the ‘new’ sim because it was not needed. I assumed he had canceled it because it was not needed. then in January I get a letter saying I was behind on my phone bill. so I called them and that’s when I found out the ‘new’ sim had been ordered but never arrived .
    • Demand for uniforms, computers and household accessories rose after plans to ease lockdown were published. View the full article
    • Hi    Thank you for answering my questions.   As you have not contacted Goskippy about AX stating they were acting on there behalf you need to contact Goskippy urgently and ask them to verify that AX are acting on there behalf. (you need to know if what AX stated is correct)
    • His personal wealth soared as the video conferencing platform became a household name during the pandemic. View the full article
  • Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 27 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2430 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hiya all,

Have a massively odd situation,

Had a total bill for bailiff dated march of £6818.68 ( including costs )

Then in April of a total bill of £5649.28

I then questioned these and got a bill yesterday of £6303.40

And today a bailiff turned up ( they know I am on vulnerable list ) and the total id £6301.40

So my question is what do I do, every time I ask for clarification it changes price - and its a flip as to whether it is up or down

I will be in a position to pay in full next week but dont want to pay and find that I have either paid too much or that they come chasing in a few weeks time

I cannot understand how if the figure in March is accurate how it has gone down and how if the figure 2 days ago is that the bailiff has not added additional charges

Any help appreciated

What is the debt for? is it for a CCJ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

It would sound like fees were added during a visit under the old regulations, withdrawn under the new regulations and reduced to £75, then a further visit has occurred adding Enforcement Stage 1.

Hiya thanks for the reply

I could understand that but looking at my emails I have just noticed another one from last week in which the figure is £6102

Surely they cannot add fees onto the account for a anticipated further visit as they only turned up today

All the documentation says that interest is charged at £1.07 a day so cannot be that either

Just need to know what steps I need to take, is it justified to put in a complaint to them to verify the charges/ fees/ totals?

You will need to write to them and ask for a detailed breakdown of the fees charged. Once you have that it will be easier to understand the differences in fees and whether a complaint is justified.

It would be prudent to make a payment however (even if it is a lower amount) as if you do not it is highly likely a further visit will ensue and cost you further fees.

Is the original CCJ something you knew about? As for your "vulnerability" is this something you have advised the Enforcement Co of, and have you provided proof of same? What has been their response?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

Just to give an update,

I did the above and sent further proof of vulnerability to them. I have received a proposal back with I am happy with.

However I have yet to receive an explanation for the varying totals and am still having issues as the proposal letter has a bill of £6900 which is £600 more than the bill I got 4 days prior in the post with no visits

So far they have had almost 28 days but are ignoring the question on the changes in totals so am not sure what else I can do

It would sound like fees were added during a visit under the old regulations, withdrawn under the new regulations and reduced to £75, then a further visit has occurred adding Enforcement Stage 1.

As I stated earlier in the thread I believe that this is the reason for the differences in fees.

You could respond to say that you are happy with the proposal as outlined to clear the debt but this is subject to a satisfactory explanation for the fees being charged charged.

Thanks for the replies,

I have replied as above saying I am happy with the agreement offered and will pay as agreed however I need an explanation the difference in fees.

I can understand it being reduced due to the change in regulations but surely they could not have added the fees back on when no one had attended? - the fees were added way before a visit and also surely the new regs do not allow £600 to be added in 4 days with no attendance or explanation?

Right so I have had a breakdown in fees in which I have been charged an enforcement 1 of £481 and an enforcement 2 of £495 on the day an agreement was sent to me

So my question is can these be added if vulnerability was shown in the very first communication? Also can they have two enforcements when I have only had one person attend ever and they went straight away

More importantly I suppose is that I am not going to end up with any big charges on top of this?

The frustrating thing for me is that the offer they have given me based on my circumstances is exactly the same as the one I offered them when they first contacted me in Feb - and they rejected - based on my finances

The frustrating thing for me is that the offer they have given me based on my circumstances is exactly the same as the one I offered them when they first contacted me in Feb - and they rejected - based on my finances

Now that is interesting.

Calls into question why it was rejected first time and also if any of their subsequent fees are allowable

Hiya I was just wondering if anyone could answer the questions I had in the post above as do not understand the enforcement stage fees

£75 compliance fee (letter fee)

£235 attendance

£75 compliance fee (letter fee)

£235 attendance

But in cases over £1500 a further 7.5% of the debt is also added.

So in your case

£310 + 7.5% (of remaining debt over £1500)

Hope this answers your question

But in cases over £1500 a further 7.5% of the debt is also added.

So in your case

£310 + 7.5% (of remaining debt over £1500)

Hope this answers your question

And no.

Only 1 enforcement fee is chargeable after April 6th

And certainly on one visit new or old regs.

Talk sense you're talking nonsense.

Read the thread, the debt is a CCJ being enforced through the High Court.

Sorry my mistake.

Relax.

You can point out the mistake without being rude

Don't think he was being rude, if anything slightly humorous,well it made me smile:lol:

Lmao

The name does lend itself open to abuse.

I'm surprised it's took this long in fairness haha