style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya all,

Have a massively odd situation,

Had a total bill for bailiff dated march of £6818.68 ( including costs )

Then in April of a total bill of £5649.28

I then questioned these and got a bill yesterday of £6303.40

And today a bailiff turned up ( they know I am on vulnerable list ) and the total id £6301.40

So my question is what do I do, every time I ask for clarification it changes price - and its a flip as to whether it is up or down

I will be in a position to pay in full next week but dont want to pay and find that I have either paid too much or that they come chasing in a few weeks time

I cannot understand how if the figure in March is accurate how it has gone down and how if the figure 2 days ago is that the bailiff has not added additional charges

Any help appreciated

What is the debt for? is it for a CCJ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

It would sound like fees were added during a visit under the old regulations, withdrawn under the new regulations and reduced to £75, then a further visit has occurred adding Enforcement Stage 1.

Hiya thanks for the reply

I could understand that but looking at my emails I have just noticed another one from last week in which the figure is £6102

Surely they cannot add fees onto the account for a anticipated further visit as they only turned up today

All the documentation says that interest is charged at £1.07 a day so cannot be that either

Just need to know what steps I need to take, is it justified to put in a complaint to them to verify the charges/ fees/ totals?

You will need to write to them and ask for a detailed breakdown of the fees charged. Once you have that it will be easier to understand the differences in fees and whether a complaint is justified.

It would be prudent to make a payment however (even if it is a lower amount) as if you do not it is highly likely a further visit will ensue and cost you further fees.

Is the original CCJ something you knew about? As for your "vulnerability" is this something you have advised the Enforcement Co of, and have you provided proof of same? What has been their response?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

Just to give an update,

I did the above and sent further proof of vulnerability to them. I have received a proposal back with I am happy with.

However I have yet to receive an explanation for the varying totals and am still having issues as the proposal letter has a bill of £6900 which is £600 more than the bill I got 4 days prior in the post with no visits

So far they have had almost 28 days but are ignoring the question on the changes in totals so am not sure what else I can do

It would sound like fees were added during a visit under the old regulations, withdrawn under the new regulations and reduced to £75, then a further visit has occurred adding Enforcement Stage 1.

As I stated earlier in the thread I believe that this is the reason for the differences in fees.

Thanks for the replies,

I have replied as above saying I am happy with the agreement offered and will pay as agreed however I need an explanation the difference in fees.

I can understand it being reduced due to the change in regulations but surely they could not have added the fees back on when no one had attended? - the fees were added way before a visit and also surely the new regs do not allow £600 to be added in 4 days with no attendance or explanation?

Right so I have had a breakdown in fees in which I have been charged an enforcement 1 of £481 and an enforcement 2 of £495 on the day an agreement was sent to me

So my question is can these be added if vulnerability was shown in the very first communication? Also can they have two enforcements when I have only had one person attend ever and they went straight away

More importantly I suppose is that I am not going to end up with any big charges on top of this?

The frustrating thing for me is that the offer they have given me based on my circumstances is exactly the same as the one I offered them when they first contacted me in Feb - and they rejected - based on my finances

The frustrating thing for me is that the offer they have given me based on my circumstances is exactly the same as the one I offered them when they first contacted me in Feb - and they rejected - based on my finances

Now that is interesting.

Calls into question why it was rejected first time and also if any of their subsequent fees are allowable

£75 compliance fee (letter fee)

£235 attendance

But in cases over £1500 a further 7.5% of the debt is also added.

So in your case

£310 + 7.5% (of remaining debt over £1500)

Hope this answers your question

But in cases over £1500 a further 7.5% of the debt is also added.

So in your case

£310 + 7.5% (of remaining debt over £1500)

Hope this answers your question

And no.

Only 1 enforcement fee is chargeable after April 6th

And certainly on one visit new or old regs.