style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1897 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello to all,

My wife and son are both registered disabled and in receipt of high rate dla for mobility and care.

We recently travelled with Monarch on a package holiday booked via teletext and on the return journey despite paying for 4 extra leg room seats only 2 of use could have them and 2 were made to move, the stewardess took my details and said she would arrange a refund.

She also advised me that as my wife and son were disabled we should not have actually paid for the extra leg room seats all we had to do was provide a letter from our GP confirming this was a need.

I have recently had a quote for another holiday from Thomas Cook and their sales rep has said it is a legal requirement but I can not find for the life of me where this is laid down within the law.

I mean to complain to Teletext and suggest under Sale Of Goods And Services Act 1982 their representative should have advised us off this option under their duty of care obligations and their duty to provide the correct information after all if it is a legal requirement then surely it is mis-selling if nothing else to take money for seats I do not have to pay for.

My son is autistic, so the salesmen was fully aware of all the issues prior to completing the sale because otherwise it would be pointless and way too stressful to book a holiday and try and sort it out as we went along.

Have I been taken advantage off ? Does anyone know the definitive answer and what legislation is relevant ?

Regards,

Sean