• Tweets

• I can only speak from personal experience. But a similar thing happened to me. Seriously dented door.  I made the other insurance pay. They regarded it as a write off. Took the money, replaced the door. Never heard anything more about it.    Except clearly someone sold my details to claims company, because I got loads of calls in bad English for a few month's 
    • The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

welcome finance, 6yrs of late markers

thistle73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, im new so please be gentle with me:wink:

been looking through my credit file and have notice welcome finance have put more than a dozen late markers of 6 ,s on my file

,actually over 5 years worth and has never been defaulted

i had car with them over 7 years ago and had paid more than half and volunteered to hand car back

and that would be it as i had paid more than half

seems for over 5 years its geting late markers on my credit file and

i heard from a friend that ICO says after 6 late markers it should be defaulted ,is this right ?

ive heard nothing for over 6 years from WF and have paid nothing in that time

ive also sent CCA over two months ago but no reply

can anyone give me advice how get markers off my file

also im from scotland and aware could be status barred after 5 years ?

if you've paid nothing for 5yrs the debt is def extinguished in scotland

as for the markers

that is unfair, but i'm unsure now

with the new ICO rules

if you can do anything about it.

I think 1st move would be am sar to welcome

if you def VT'd not VS'd then you owe nowt

and the late payment markers are thus 'wrong'

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It is entirely the creditors decision when to place a default if at all.

The ICOs view seems to be that showing the true conduct of an account is the correct procedure.

Has any company contacted you about this, does the CRA entry show a balance?

The debt would appear to be statute barred and therefore extinguished, my advice would be to as dx says SAR to Welcome, but also a formal complaint to the Data Controller separately, stating that the debt no longer exists and you require Welcome to remove the entry immediately.

You can report this to the ICO personally I would do so.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

hi the car was defo VT,D

and said i had more than half

that was it

turns out when they sold car at aution they didnt get what they thought for it

about £1200 was put on my credit file as late markers

they havent been in touch

can someone help me draft a letter to ICO

i have read a old thread on here from 2012

the same thing happen to the lady ,

she ref a letter to ICO and her credit file was wipe to green after it so she got a great result

it matters not what they got for the car

you'd already paid the 50%

sar welcome

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi the car was defo VT,D

and said i had more than half

that was it

turns out when they sold car at aution they didnt get what they thought for it

about £1200 was put on my credit file as late markers

they havent been in touch

can someone help me draft a letter to ICO

i have read a old thread on here from 2012

the same thing happen to the lady ,

she ref a letter to ICO and her credit file was wipe to green after it so she got a great result

A letter to the ICO should be as simple as possible.

Sir/Madam

Complaint:

Welcome Finance Ltd/ Credit File Entries:

On xx.xx.xxxx I voluntarily terminated an agreement No........ ....... with Welcome Finance the vehicle which was the subject of the hire purchase agreement was not collected

until xx.xx.xxxx .

I had paid more than 50% of the total sum at this point and therefore owed nothing more, however Welcome Finance has placed an entry on my credit file held by xxxxxxx credit reference agency for an outstanding sum of £1200.00 and have marked the entry as xxx payments in arrears .

I believe that this alleged debt is statute barred and totally extinguished there for it is unfair and unreasonable to continue reporting this account to credit reference agencies.

Please find herewith copies of a relevant documents and a screen print of my CRA File.

Add/amend as you see fit.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

SAR sent to wf ,how many days must i give them before i complain to ICO?

40 calendar days from the date Welcome receive it.

There is only reason to complain if they do not comply at all or items requested are not supplied with the data.

You will be unlikely to get a copy of any agreement will definitely not a deed of assignment.

There is only reason to complain if they do not comply at all or items requested are not supplied with the data.

You will be unlikely to get a copy of any agreement will definitely not a deed of assignment.

thank you

is there a reason why they wouldnt send me a copy of agreement?

i think i might have copy in loft

thank you

typically with welcome, you will get copies of the CCA with SAR requests

esp as your agreement is prob now closed.

however, normally there is no legal necessity under an sar to send one.

if you have it

then, it might well help when we have all the SAR back.

was this your only dealings with welcome

dx

and they

typically with welcome, you will get copies of the CCA with SAR requests

esp as your agreement is prob now closed.

however, normally there is no legal necessity under an sar to send one.

if you have it

then, it might well help when we have all the SAR back.

was this your only dealings with welcome

dx

found it :whoo:

was in loft ,do i need do anything with it ?

lets see it and anything else you've found

welcome paperwork can be VERY revealing.

just have a look at a few threads here

they ALWAYS screw up.

dx

and they

**you can post up images/letters by this method immediately..you don't need 10 posts**

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

http://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

or

use www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

or use Primo PDF.

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though DONT USE BANK NAMES or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice DD-mm-yyyy

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

YOU DONT have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box..just upload it ..job done

you can click on your links to check them too!

dx

and they

thank you

There is no obligation for a creditor to supply a CCA with a SAR, this is covered by a sect.77-79 request under CCA '74 as amended

• 1 month later...

send them a chase up letter for the sar.

dx

and they

hi there thought give update

now this is strange all welcome debts have disapeard from my credit file how strange is this ?

just disapeard ,not that im compaining

only one thing is on my file is my next acc which is in good nick and werid my bank current account has disapeard too ,not sure why ,as im not happy about that

hi there thought give update

now this is strange all welcome debts have disapeard from my credit file how strange is this ?

just disapeard ,not that im compaining

only one thing is on my file is my next acc which is in good nick and werid my bank current account has disapeard too ,not sure why ,as im not happy about that

There is/has been an ongoing investigation into the functioning of the Welcome administration many CRA entries have been removed.

Odd that your current account has gone though, check with your bank and report this to the credit reference agency (s).

great news about welcome ,wouldve preferd a settled account than it disapearing ,but cant be fuss:lol:

just spoke to credit file team about bank details its cos i updated my address and be bk to normal tomoro

so looks like dont need do nothing about welcome now eh

great news about welcome ,wouldve preferd a settled account than it disapearing ,but cant be fuss:lol:

just spoke to credit file team about bank details its cos i updated my address and be bk to normal tomoro

so looks like dont need do nothing about welcome now eh

No just forget them.