• Tweets

• Hi. Could you post up what they've sent please so we can see what the charge is? Cover up your name and address and their reference number. HB
    • I've looked through all our old NPE threads, and as far as we know they have never had the bottle to do court. There are no guarantees of course, but when it comes to put or shut up they definitely tend towards shut up. How about something like -   Dear Jonathan and Julie, Re: PCN no.XXXXX cheers for your Letter Before Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in laughter at the idea that you actually expected me to take this tripe seriously and cough up. I'll write to you not some uninterested third party, thanks all the same, because you have are the ones trying to threaten me about this non-existent "debt". Go and look up Jopson v Homeguard Services Ltd, saddos.  Oh, while you're at it, go and look up your Subject Access Request obligations - we all know how you ballsed that up way back in January to March. Dear, dear, dear - you couldn't resist adding your £70 Unicorn Food Tax, you greedy gets.  Judges don't like these made-up charges, do they? You can either drop this foolishness now or get a hell of a hammering in court.  Both are fine with me.  Summer is coming up and I would love a holiday at your expense after claiming an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g). I look forward to your deafening silence.   That should show them you're not afraid of them and draw their attention to their having legal problems of their own with the SAR.  If they have any sense they'll crawl back under their stone and leave you in peace.  Over the next couple of days invest in a 2nd class stamp (all they are worth) and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.
    • Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Letter from RLP - TK Maxx incident

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, guys

I know there is a lot about RLP on here and people say not to worry and ignore there letters,

but I was hoping for a bit of advice on my own letter I received.

I went to tk maxx to return a item what was the wrong size,

but they said the return expiry date had expired by 2 days as it said on the back of receipt.

So after being quite cross and I know it was stupid of me now, I decided to go and take the size I wanted. But

Security saw me and stopped me on the way out the door.

I did not damage any goods,

they just took them back off me,

took my details and gave me a 12month banning order.

Then I received this letter from RLP.( below )

THE LETTER....

We are instructed to notify you that you are not to return to our clients premises for the next 1 year.

If you do you will be a trespasser and maybe liable for arrest and further criminal action.

It is alleged that you were involved in a wrongful act and your actions caused significant disruption to the clients business at those premises.

Our Clients lossed include the value of the goods, if not recovered or fit for resale ,

the cost of security and store personnels time who were diverted from there duties for which they are engaged

and paid, plus administration security costs.

The law provides the recovery of these losses and makes no distinction between profit generating personal

and profit protecting security personal who are equal value to the business.

Collectively a substantial amount of time was incurred as a result of your actions

such as observing, apprehending, interviewing you, and undertaking all necessary internal and external procedures thereafter.

Before instigating a civil claim, which is entirely separate from any police action or criminal proceedings,

we invite you to advise us if there are any facts or circumstances surrounding the incident that led to your involvement

in the incident that you would like us to take in to account.

If you believe you may have a defence, or if there any other circumstances which led to your involvement in the incident,

you need to inform us within 14days and provide any evidence in support of your representations.

Any information you provide will be evaluated in order to make decision as to whether it is appropriate to seek the cost of your actions

( the disruption ) from you.

You will appreciate we can only take into consideration information if it is provided .

If we do not receive any information or evidence from you,

the information our client has provided will be relied upon, and a claim will proceed.

The actual cost of dealing with your actions is considerable .

The average cost to our client of an incident of this nature is between £300 and £500,

before taking into account the value of losses for any goods not recovered or not fit for resale.

Although our client is legally entitled to claim its full costs and losses, our client proposes to seek only a contribution

towards the costs of dealing with the incident, which it considers is sufficient to deter you from involvement in further such incidents.

Provided our client does not seek to recover in excess of its losses, such losses are recoverable in law.

A total sum of £50 ( including any goods if they were not fit for resale ) therefore required to settle this claim.

The procedure for this claim is set out in the practice direction for pre-action conduct and civil procedure rules 1998.

You are required to respond within 14days.

If we receive no response, our client would be entitled to issue proceedings for the fuul value of the claim.

We summarise your options

. if there are factors that you wish to be taken into account you must advise within 14days

. if there are any considering factors, settle the claim by paying the amount stated £50 ( see enclosed sheet)

.if you wish to settle the claim,but cannot do within 14days, contact us to discuss payment options.

. Negotiate an alternative settlement by conducting our collections department.

. Advise that you require more time to take advice and consider your position.

We will put this matter on hold to allow you the full 14days to respond.

Yours Sincerely

RLP

Follow the advice in every other thread. Your letter is a standard letter from Jackie and co.

You can either ignore or send the one line letter and ignore. Both achieve the same thing.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

"The average cost to our client of an incident of this nature is between £300 and £500, ". HHmm..Really ?. The Oxford case went into the alleged costs in some details, the security staff were paid just above minumum wage and the time spent was less than an hour I believe, there is no way that the cost (even IF recoverable) would be between £300 and £500, this figure is clearly plucked out of the air and is used to try and scare recipients of RLP letters into paybe the lower figure suggested by RLP, my suggestion is to pay RLP a big fat zero pounds £0.00.

Nearly every paragraph of the letter is unneccasary or just wrong, they try to blind the recipients with legal jargon or facts that are plainly inaccurate and incorrect, the law clearly does NOT provide for such losses to be recovered, IF they did then the stores/RLP would take legal action every time, the fact they do not speaks volumes.

The staff would be employed (at the same rate), irrespective of whether they observe, aprehend and interview any alleged shoplifters or not, RLP really should go back to the judgement in Oxford and re-read it :)

Jackie knows what the judgement was. She ignores it, and even said the judge was wrong.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Heh nice catch there reb.

She might... if you removed the word 'mature'.

What i want to know, is if she thinks her business is legit, and she has nothing to hide, and she knows about CAG, why doesnt she come here for a proper discussion? Any trolls can easily be removed from it. I dont Consider her business moral, ethical, or legit, but that doesnt mean she cant have her voice heard.

What i want to know, is if she thinks her business is legit, and she has nothing to hide, and she knows about CAG, why doesnt she come here for a proper discussion?

Once bitten, and all that. RLP tried to justify themselves before, using sockpuppets - the renowned-for-all-the-wrong-reasons Frogboy and others. There was another who came on and tried to justify RLP's practices from the retailer's perspective; he said he was a retailer. But something didn't seem right, so I did a bit of digging, and discovered the poster actually worked for a non-retail business, which, no doubt by sheer coincidence, wasn't a million miles from RLP's location. His PERSEC was shocking, so I rang and left a message for him. Oddly, he stopped posting...

yep two words

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and welcome to CAG

Reading other threads is the best way to understand the tactics used by this 'company'

RLP will send many pages of guff in the guise of legalese with the implicit intention of scaring you into paying.

let us be clear, RLP cannot take court action, TKMAXX (to the best of my knowledge) do not take anyone to court. The amount of time and cost to them to do so would outstrip any possible return.

My own opinion is to send the one liner and then ignore every other letter including the ones from RLPs pet debt collector (who are as much use as a chocolate fireguard)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Personally can't understand why anybody shops at TK Maxx. Jumble sale of a store and an absolute dogs dinner

...they and RLP are similar in so many ways

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I havent set foot in one since the wrexham one opened in the late 90's

If any of what was said in the letter was true TKMaxx would be unable to sell any item for less than £51. Not my favourite store but I do believe that they sell clothing for much less than this sum and make a very good profit according to their annual accounts.

RLP are not noted for their probity so dont even bother writing to them, a waste of a stamp. Let them spend their money telling you fairy stories.

We suggest sending the one line letter as it makes anything else she tries and say completely redundant. She relies on this liability phrase for everything she tries. Deny liability and she cant do anything as it is up to her and the retailer to prove it.

She'll answer with a few letters of complete rubbish. When you get them have a good chuckle. The woman is seriously deluded.

I sent her mine one back and I shredded the paper up she sent me and said 'ur rubbish back for you'! I've had 2 letters from pointless RLP and laugh at everyone :)

Bring it on...

Buy urself a shredder, works wonders for u lol :p

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

I sent her mine one back and I shredded the paper up she sent me and said 'ur rubbish back for you'! I've had 2 letters from pointless RLP and laugh at everyone :)

Bring it on...

Buy urself a shredder, works wonders for u lol :p

Ya know, I quite like that idea.

Ok, it will cost a bit more in stamps and paper and ink but.

Print off a letter containing any old rubbish, shred it then enclose a covering letter saying:

"Please find enclosed copy of letter suitably shredded for you as to save time as I know that you will do so anyway."

Wonder if they will try to put it back together before realising it contains nothing of value.

:-)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 4 weeks later...

RLP have broken their silence saying

this matter will not go away, and

is in your intrest as it could count in additional liability if the matter proceeds to court.

legal costs that would be sought at the rate of 8%.

There is sufficient evidence to establish liability.

( there is loads of other jiberish about my rights) then

they go on to say the information we hold may now be passed on to the police

or other crime initiatives in the interest of preventing and detecting crime

and may be available to other members of a closed user group for employment screening.

( Please note employment screening will only be conducted with your consent)

Should I just ignore this letter or reply again?

Thanks

Shaun

Keep ignoring. Sadly it is a standard letter jackie uses to try in vain to get you to make contact. Have a look around these forums, you'll see plenty of people have recieved the same one.

Basically for lack of a better phrase... She's full of ****.

can we see a scan of that letter please we need it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...