Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder


Council Refuse to Sell abandoned Property

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2177 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi guys


I'm not sure if I have posted this to the correct place but i'm wondering if anyone can offer any advice. There is a row of houses on a road plus a detatched house which have been boarded up for many many years and are quite dilapidated now. The council owns them, and I have asked if the council could sell me the detached house and I would renovate it as I cant afford to buy a house at the prices they are and will never get a £200k mortgage. I have worked since I was 15 and never been on benefits but because of this im not entitled to any help, even when I was made homeless because of family issues, I worked I was not a priority so had to rent privately as the council would not help. Anyway back to the point the council have said that they are looking to demolish the houses so that they can build new ones, which I think is completely pointless and a waste of money they only need a few thousand pounds spending on them to renovate and I want the detached one so it wont be affected, they haven't actually got planning permission to demolish the detached property yet. How can I get them to sell me this they are wasting such a great resource and I could turn this in to such a beautiful home for my family.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi noshy


Each borough has an Empty Homes Officer, maybe under a different title. I would contact them to see what the actual situation is with the house. Maybe regeneration regards housing stock is the way forward.


You can also contact:- http://www.emptyhomes.com/what-we-do-2/


Also write to your local MP, that is what he/she is there for.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...