Claimform Aktiv on old MBNA 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Great site with lots of information but I wanted to clarify the followiong.

I got a CCJ claim from Hegarty acting for Aktiv Kapital on 20/05/14 for a MBNA Credit card (POC attached) I had a few years ago and fell behind on payments (A dark period)

I have acknowledged service and sent a CPR 31.14 request and CCA request. I then received the attached letter.

My question: Do I have to agree the extention and is it in my best interest to do so?

Any info greatfully received

PS. I posted here first, because I wasn't sure where to post this thread, Sorry :???: feel free to move it, thanks

Yes Rebel11,

I think, but to summarise all the details:

CCJ Claim date of issue: 20th May, 2014

PoC: As per attachment including claimant,

MBNA for just over £3K on a CC.

The Limit was £2900,

but I couldn't make payments due to unemployment

and insurance would cover because the account was in arrears.

The events leading up to this were:

Last payment was October 2008 (I think)

I haven't got a default notice from MBNA, but experian state the account default date as 31/08/09

and the account now belongs to Aktiv Kapital

Original Agreement was June 2005

In March 2014

I received a letter from IND stating MBNA had asigned the full amount to AK.

(Interestingly, I also found a letter from "Experto" dated 19/09/201

1 entitled "Default notice under S87 of the CCA"

and staing the legal owners as "Varde Investments" if that's relevant

In general,

the reasons why I stopped paying:

I lost my job and had no saving and it was a couple of months before I any benefit,

and the insurance wouldn't pay because I was in arrears,

I also had other CC's a loan and a mortgage.

I think thats all questions responded to. I have CPR31.14 and CCA request sent

Yes, it is for you, the defendant to inform the Court Manager of the extension agreed. Although I think that they are obliged to provide you with a date proper.

You need to enclose the letter from the claimant that agrees to the extension .

Send something along the following to the court..

Her Majesty’s Court Service

County Court Bulk Centre

Northampton County Court

St Katherine’s House

21-27 St Katherine’s Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

FAO: The Court Manager 27th May 2010

Dear Sir or Madam

Re: XX v Justso

Case No:

Claimant’s ref:

NOTIFICATION OF EXTENSION OF FILING DATE – CPR15.5

I have received a letter from ???? They have advised they are not in a position to provide documents requested under CPR31.14 at this present time and they have agreed to an extension of 28 days to file my defence by way of CPR15.5.

The original submission date was XYZ - + 28 days will mean the new submission date will be XYZ

I trust this is acceptable.

Yours faithfully

Enclosed, letter from XX, Claimant's Solicitor

Make sure you send a copy of the above letter to the Solicitor.. in a separate note, refer to their letter that agrees to this that as a courtesy you are sending them a copy of the letter you have sent to the court.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Oh and check the court address.. the address above was valid in 2009.. I have no idea if has now changed. Although you can if you wish ask the court if you can send this by email.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If the issue date was 20.05.2014 the the original submission date would have been 22 June 2014.

You should have acknowledged the claim by 07.06.2014 - have you done that ?

The new submission date of + 28 days would be.. 19 July.

BCOBS

Thank you citizenB.

Thank you for the template, but I have just read my question again and maybe it was a little ambiguous!

My thoughts were more in line with:

Can i reject hagerty's request for an extension?

Wouldn't the claim just be thrown out if they haven't got the paperwork by the time I need to file my defence?

ps. Yes the court address is still the same

Thank you citizenB.

Thank you for the template, but I have just read my question again and maybe it was a little ambiguous! My thoughts were more in line with: Can i reject hagerty's request for an extension? Wouldn't the claim just be thrown out if they haven't got the paperwork by the time I need to file my defence?

Aha, now I understand.. and I should have read Hegarty's letter properly.

The situation is that you personally have NOT requested an extension - however, within the CPR request for documents, I think it does state that if they dont have them, then they should let you know if there is going to be a delay and if so provide more time (not in so many words, but the implication is there). It also states that if they are never going to be able to provide them, then they should let you know.

You do not have to agree to an extension due to their inability to provide documents that should have been in their possession prior to them issuing the claim.

I will leave a note for andyorch to see what he has to say.. so dont do anything until such times as he has responded :)

BCOBS

I have been advised that you do NOT have to agree to the CPR15.5 - it is optional.

On what basis do you intend to defend the claim, as it would appear you have admitted do owe this ?

BCOBS

I wonder if you would be able to make a claim on the insurance, especially if it wouldnt pay out when you lost your job ?

BCOBS

Hello citizenB

In that case, I don't think I will agree to 15.5 extension,

then I want to look to defend on the grounds that the procedures

haven't been correctly followed.

I haven't thought about it to much just yet.

On your second point,

I want to SAR a lot of my old credit cards and loans and establish if I can claim PPI etc., this one included.

To be fair, I have alot of the original copies of most agreements,

so may not need to SAR and save some money.

In this instance, I had been paying insurance on the OS balance every month

and only when I couldn't affordd to pay, they cancelled the policy :mad2:

you believe?

Thank you citizenB.

Thank you for the template, but I have just read my question again and maybe it was a little ambiguous! My thoughts were more in line with: Can i reject hagerty's request for an extension? Wouldn't the claim just be thrown out if they haven't got the paperwork by the time I need to file my defence?

No the claim wouldn't automatically be thrown out. You need to file a Defence regardless.

Hello citizenB

In that case, I don't think I will agree to 15.5 extension, then I want to look to defend on the grounds that the procedures haven't been correctly followed. I haven't thought about it to much just yet.

On your second point, I want to SAR a lot of my old credit cards and loans and establish if I can claim PPI etc., this one included. To be fair, I have alot of the original copies of most agreements, so may not need to SAR and save some money. In this instance, I had been paying insurance on the OS balance every month and only when I couldn't affordd to pay, they cancelled the policy :mad2: Can you believe?

Yes, indeed if you have been paying PPI and you didnt request it or it was not suitable for you then start reclaiming.

You need the statements for rolling credit such as credit cards to be able to produce a spreadsheet so you know what you are reclaiming. You shouldnt really rely on the PPI provider's breakdown of figures !!

If the PPI was on a loan, then the original agreement should have the breakdown of the upfront fee and other information that will help you work out what the monthly premium was so statements perhaps not so important.

Righto, so you are not agreeing to an extenstion - have look round the forum and see if there is a similar situation to yours - if you can also pop your draft defence up BEFORE submitting it, then caggers will help you fine tune it.

BCOBS

I apologise for not reesponding earlier, but I have had a busy day today so I have just got around to catching up.

First, thank you Ganymede, I take your point, a defence needs to be made and I shall do; which leads on to citizenB's earlier response, I will look at making a defence over the next couple of days and will run it by you.

I have also been thinking today that I need to notify Hagerty that I do not agree to an extension! Would I be right? I am going to type a brief letter tonight simply stating: "I confirm I am not agreeable to an extension of filing a defence and I wil adhere to the original court schedule" Any thoughts?

With regards to PPI and other payment protection, I think I need to deal with that in a seperate thread, I think! unless it will help in anyway for a defence of this action!!!

I really appreciate your response, Thank you :oops:

No need to inform the claimant re extension...its your prerogative if to accept.Just submit your defence on the stipulated date.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Yes, start a new thread for the PPI situation as it will be dealt with by different people :)

BCOBS

citizenB

I will deal with PPI next.

I need to put together my defence response and run it past you first. I am concerned about the level of detail I should include! Should I post it word for word, paraphrase it, or just include a summary of the points I intend to use as a defence?

I would like to thank you and everyone else for the advice thus far, it is and has been very helpful :oops: