• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Welcome Finance PPI Claims from 1999 **WON FROM AVAIVA for 2000 onwards**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I am new to the forum however have read many posts.

To cut a very long story short

I had several loan accounts with Welcome Finance dated 1999-2006 all of which had PPI on ranging from 28.00 to 1711.00

- total PPI premiums paid 4610.00.

All our loans were paid off on time and no payments missed.

In 2006 I contacted Welcome regarding mis sold PPI as we were told due to our age we were classed as high risk

and PPI was a requirement of the loan.

We had no reason to believe this was not the norm.

At the time I was battling cancer and I explained all this to the manager at our local branch.

The manager was quite rude and I escalated my complaint to head office.

Head office told us all our loan documents were archived and therefore our case was closed.

Approx. 6 months later my husband was told his bank account was being closed due to Fraud!

- He rang and was told that when we had applied to upgrade our account it had showed me as deceased!

- Further investigation showed that Welcome Finance had updated my credit record to show me as deceased.

An internal investigation took place and the Branch Manager had done this.

I was given 250.00 as a good will gesture at the time.

I have out of the blue received letters from FCSC,

I rang FCSC who told me I was wrongly informed by Welcome in 2006

however they can only deal with loans after 2005

I have written again to Welcome and outlined my complaint again

and stated that if I had not been misinformed in 2006 I would have been eligible

and that I do not feel I should be told my PPI is time barred for that reason

as effectively until that letter came I thought I could not claim.

I still have the letters from 2006 stating that is the case.

My question is

I do not have any loan documentation,

the guy at Welcome gave me the account numbers and PPI premiums.

This is the basic premium excluding the annual interest paid which was 29.9%.

The majority of the loans were reloaned so the balance of the PPI settled

and added on top of the new loan as well as taking out new PPI.

Will Welcome if they uphold my complaint take that into consideration a

nd refund the annual loan interest as well as the standard 8%?

Thank you for your help in advance

hi welcome [opps no pun]

well that's a n ew one for welcome...

you are deceased - you cant claim PPI back:lol::lol:

did you ever send an sar off to get all the statements?

I gather by what you say, they are stating that as its over 6yrs you cant reclaim the PPI

if so that's so very wrong.

the FSCS have infact placed welcome in default and are doing all their PPI for them.

link 1 details the process you need to go thru to do the calcs.

you are in for a very big windfall..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

Sorry if the original post is confusing.

I tied to claim PPI back in 2006 and was told as my accounts were dating back to 1999 etc records had been archived or were not eligible

as I had signed for the PPI in branch despite the branch saying I had to as part of the loan

- Welcomes view point was I had no documentary evidence of this and was my word against theirs.

The branch manager was also insistent the PPI had not been misold.

After I complained to H/O regarding the information given by the branch manager she registered me maliciously as deceased!

- This was resolved by welcome in 2006 and they updated my credit file.

After all of this I never pushed any further on the PPI and believed them when they told me I was too late to claim.

What they have said now is:

Claims post 2000 are "Time Barred"

Claims after 2000 I have to go through Aviva

Claims after 2005 I have to go to FCSC

However the guy who is handling my complaint advised me due to all the back history

to write in and due to all the upset, misinformation etc given previously and distress caused

(I was battling cancer at the time - they registered me deceased and did not know my own mortality at that point!)

he would ensure my complaint was looked at promptly even though they have 8 weeks and agreed my case is not black and white.

I understand Welcome are a law to themselves

however up to now the complaint is being handled well and the gentleman appointed is being very sympathetic

however I also know not to get my hopes up.

As they have told me so much incorrect info in the past

I have no idea if the above info about being time barred etc is true

but what the complaint guy has said was if my complaint was upheld in 2006

then the two PPI's in 1999 would not have been time barred.

Hope that helps?

Hi,

Sorry forgot to add - I did not send a SAR off as the gentleman at Welcome gave me all the account numbers and the amount of the PPI premium but said it would need to be looked at further to calculate the reloans etc.

time limits do not apply if you were fobbed off or given wrong advise

which you were'

I hope this 'investigator' reopens the whole case

get that SAR off anyway

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

Sorry forgot to add - I did not send a SAR off as the gentleman at Welcome gave me all the account numbers and the amount of the PPI premium but said it would need to be looked at further to calculate the reloans etc.

you'll need the SAR to check they do the rollover correctly

re link 1 below

dx

and they

Hi,

Will do thank you. He has said that they will be looking at the whole complaint and as much as he wants to reolve quickly there is a lot of notes on the sytem to go through. I will update as and when I hear something from them.

Hi Mummyof278

We've had a successful reclaim of PPI from Welcome quite recently, on a loan taken out in 2003. The thread is http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?415458-Welcome-PPI-claim-pre-2005&p=4480621 if it is of any help to you.

By doing a SAR on Welcome, we got copies of the agreement, details of payments and so on. That enabled us to work out roughly what they owed us and they come up with a figure that was close enough and we agreed to settle at that. However, we still have a claim against them for insurances that were slapped on without our agreement, as well as their own office messing things up.

To be fair, they were pretty good with the PPI claim and found in our favour, although I think they tried to find a way to back out !

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

• 4 months later...

Hi All

I wanted to return and update you with what happened with my PPI claim.

I complained to welcome

who said in regards to PPI dated 1999 there was nothing we could do

and seem to have hit a brick wall in terms of those as they were unregulated at that time.

As for the ones in 2001/2002

I was redirected to Aviva who within weeks refunded us £2805.06 with no hassle at all

for anyone looking to claim PPI from 1st June 2000 then.

Please contact Aviva.

I have accepted there is no route for those dayes 1999 but happy at how professional Aviva were.

great win

thread title changed.

as a point, they wre regulated by the GISC or ABI? codes but, there was no bodyto enforce it.

some have won

dx

and they

Sue them in court - I'm having to do that for one of my PPI claims because the company involved say it's statute barred, but PPI isn't...

See http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?425791-Hillards-v-On-Line-Finance-(GMAC)(23-Viewing)-nbsp

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

• 1 month later...

"Sue them in court - I'm having to do that for one of my PPI claims because the company involved say it's statute barred, but PPI isn't..."

Not sure if you can help, but I am trying to find out who was the insurer for three loans with Welcome up to 2000.

As stated by someone earlier, I spoke to Welcome and they gave me the policy numbers for post-2000 loans,

but said they did not have records for the ones prior to 2000.

Are they telling lies?

if so, how would I go about finding out the insurer.

I have the original account numbers from Welcome.

Has anyone got the address for Aviva, I had a Welcome loan with a load of Health Cover (aka PPI) and at the time was in long term employment, I am looking to chase up on that - still have the original paperwork tucked away for when I have time to chase - which will be next week ....

sillygirl1;4657113]Has anyone got the address for Aviva, I had a Welcome loan with a load of Health Cover (aka PPI) and at the time was in long term employment, I am looking to chase up on that - still have the original paperwork tucked away for when I have time to chase - which will be next week

You can call them on 01603-622200.

Has anyone got the address for Aviva, I had a Welcome loan with a load of Health Cover (aka PPI) and at the time was in long term employment, I am looking to chase up on that - still have the original paperwork tucked away for when I have time to chase - which will be next week ....

They don't seem to want to give an address out: http://www.aviva.co.uk/existing-customers/complaints-contacts.html

...but I found one:

Aviva,

PO Box 4,

Surrey Street,

Norwich

NR1 3NG

"Sue them in court - I'm having to do that for one of my PPI claims because the company involved say it's statute barred, but PPI isn't..."

Not sure if you can help, but I am trying to find out who was the insurer for three loans with Welcome up to 2000.

As stated by someone earlier, I spoke to Welcome and they gave me the policy numbers for post-2000 loans,

but said they did not have records for the ones prior to 2000.

Are they telling lies?

if so, how would I go about finding out the insurer.

I have the original account numbers from Welcome.

You need to start your own thread, rather than ask questions within someone else's. Things get muddled when people are reading these topics and different people are putting their questions in, rather than answering the original poster.

What you need to do here is send a SAR to Welcome, for them to send you copies of what they have on file. That should tell you the insurer. If, as they claim, they don't have records going that far back then there isn't a great deal you can do. What you would also have then are details of the broker you dealt with at the time, they may have some information on file.

• Confused 1