Welcome/IND took me to court - ID Fraud - knew i was not the debtor - compo?-

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1814 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Whoops - I don't think that it was meant to be them at all. I saw APS tracking - and I took it to be parcels. I suppose that they mean satellite gps tracking.

Sorry.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PROTEUS INVESTIGATION;

Hmmm... They seem like a real shady bunch, also going on to this APS thing... That is also extremely naughty!!!

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

PROTEUS INVESTIGATION;

Hmmm... They seem like a real shady bunch, also going on to this APS thing... That is also extremely naughty!!!

Careful! No evidence this outfit is in any way ‘shady’. The APS logo is not the same, and there’s no evidence it’s this company, as far as we know. If it is, it’s likely to be a local agent.

But this is why the OP needs to demand the ID/address/contact details of APS from Welcome or IND.

HI Donkey, Sorry i went through their entire site looking at what they do... They have private investigators... Eeek! To me they way their site appears and says what they do they seem shady IMO.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Just to update all those who were kind enough to take an interest.

I had my day in court.

Unfortunately Welcome Financial Services (who had made the original claim against me) got their wish for discontinuation.

It does seem grossly unjust that they can cause two years worth of stress based on their incompetence and recklessness and then can just drop it.

Thank for all those who have given advice,

I still think it was important to stand up to these companies and their abuse of power

and not signing their consent order and going to court was part of that even if I haven't got the outcome I desire, yet.

OP, sorry to hear that on a very basic level, you didnt receive the justice required. It is very poor indeed as you say, you can be caused so much grief and they can just walk away from it.. :(

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I got back my court costs but not other costs e.g. phone calls, postage, travel, time etc.

Disappointed and angry that IND/Welcome Financial can twice in two years accuse me of something of which I am completely innocent and then just walk away from the mess that they and they alone have caused just to their incompetence and their aggresiveness, doesn't seem just.

I am writing to my MP and looking at one or two other avenues.

As it is IND/Welcome Financial have caused me and my family a great deal of unnecessary stress and anxiety over the last two years and I have no guarantee that in twelve months time they won't blunder and pick on me again.

I'll update the fourm if I get anywhere with complaints/ other actions.

Not sure how helpful if at all the following is.

Principle

The principles which lead to a finding of an abuse of process in the UK were stated in Johnson v Gore Wood & Co[4] by Lord Bingham.

“ “The underlying public interest is … that there should be finality in litigation and that a party should not be twice vexed in the same matter.

This public interest is reinforced by the current emphasis on efficiency and economy in the conduct of litigation, in the interests of the parties and the public as a whole.

The bringing of a claim or the raising of a defense in later proceedings may, without more, amount to abuse if the court is satisfied (the onus being on the party alleging abuse) that the claim or defence should have been raised in the earlier proceedings if it was to be raised at all.

I would not accept that it is necessary, before abuse may be found, to identify any additional element such as a collateral attack on a previous decision or some dishonesty, but where those elements are present the later proceedings will be much more obviously abusive, and there will rarely be a finding of abuse unless the later proceeding involves what the court regards as unjust harassment of a party.

It is, however, wrong to hold that because a matter could have been raised in earlier proceedings it should have been, so as to render the raising of it in later proceedings necessarily abusive.

That is to adopt too dogmatic an approach to what should in my opinion be a broad, merits-based judgment which takes account of the public and private interests involved and also takes account of all the facts of the case, focusing attention on the crucial question whether, in all the circumstances, a party is misusing or abusing the process of the court by seeking to raise before it the issue which could have been raised before.

As one cannot comprehensively list all possible forms of abuse, so one cannot formulate any hard and fast rule to determine whether, on given facts, abuse is to be found or not … Properly applied, and whatever the legitimacy of its descent, the rule has in my view a valuable part to play in protecting the interests of justice.”

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

• 4 years later...

Hi

I don't know if anyone can help or point me in the right direction. 

Several years ago IND were chasing me for an alleged debt to Welcome Financial Services. 

Over the course of over two years IND pursued this debt and sent a number of letters threatening court action. 

It was a very stressful time and I found IND completely unhelpful in trying to resolve this dispute and show that I was not the person who had incurred the debt. 

There was eventually a court hearing in which proceedings against me were discontinued and IND paid costs. 

I had a letter of apology from IND and a letter of apology from WFS, APS who were the process servers who waited in their car outside my house late in the evening and unnerved my wife didn't even bother to apologise. 

I complained to the ICO about companies mishandling data by passing information onto third parties without checking if that information was accurate and whilst the ICO stated that it was 'unlikely that IND Limited complied with the requirements of the DPA" they didn't take further action at the time as IND had corrected the inaccurate information. 

It wasn't exactly a happy outcome, mealy mouth apologies and a derisory cheque to acknowledge all the strain and distress they had caused to me and my family for two years but at least it was at an end.

Until today. 

I return home from work and find that intrum have now taken over (seemingly) the same debt and are now asking me to pay them. 

I presume this is the same case that I thought had been dealt with and closed after it had been thrown out of court. 

I am perplexed how IND can be passing on information to another debt collection agency and that debt collection agency is wanting me to pay them. My instinct is to try to find a good solicitor!

• dx100uk changed the title to Welcome/IND took me to court - ID Fraud - knew i was not the debtor - compo?-

for history I've merged your old thread 

IND were working for welcome, they weren't the claimants?

the debt has now been sold on.

pers i'd simply send 1st crapit sorry 1st credit..[now called intrum]

have you still a copy of the case outcome?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx100uk thank you.

I have a 'General Form of Judgment or Order ' from the County Court to WFS. 

It states that proceedings against me have been discontinued, that the judgment against me has been set aside and it orders WFS to pay some related costs.

I can easily send that through to intrum but I still don't understand why intrum are beginning to chase me for this debt. 

Surely when intrum took this over from IND it should have been clear to them that the case had been dismissed?

Quite frankly after my dealings with IND I never wanted to hear from them again and so was rather upset (putting it mildly) to get a letter bringing it up.  

According to the letter from intrum, IND is the legal owner of my account and has legitimate interest to share my data with them etc etc. 

I don't necessarily have a problem with that if the data was correct. 

However the fact is the data that IND have suppiled to intrum is incorrect as I do not and have never owed IND or WFS money.  

I think you need understand a wee bit about how debt assignment or sale works.

WFS never sold it till of recent to Intrum

that would have been on a spreadsheet of single lines of data on probably 1000's of people in a debt portfolio sale to intrum [1st credit] with no ther details.

Welcome were the claimant thus still the debt owner in the court case [hence the General Form of Judgment or Order against them] IND merely being their employed dogs. 

1st credit are renound for saying just about anything to spoof people out of money.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

do you reckon has anyone done anything wrong from a data point of view?

Surely it can't be right that intrum are now trying to get money from me, surely IND (incidentally I do like your canine description of them!) should have indicated that there is no debt and that a court of law has said there is no case against me 

if welcome didn't give intrum the full story or intrum didn't ask. [mores the truth] then id not worry about schemantics of data..but its above board.

nothing to do with IND.

just reply with a copy of the general form of judgement..telling them to ...off, wanna try now fleecers?

and they

I would NEVER EVER use email

writing only!!

and they

didn't think you'd be alone

and they

Goldfinch, I'm in a kind of related situation with Intrum.  In my case IND went to court, won (unjustly & unfairly) and the debt assigned to IND & payment set by the court (barely above a token payment).  Now I get the letter of Intrum claiming to be servicing the debt and as I have not sent them (Intrum) any payment to contact them to arrange a payment plan.  

Intrum have now got back to me. Asking for full name, d.o.b,, postcode.  I'll write to them (is email really that bad?), do they need all that info to confirm who I am, after all they wrote to me!