tax credits and 17yr old

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I've realised that I've done some thing stupid and possibly costly. I stated a new job last year and when I filled in my tax credit form I put down the amount of wages that I expected to earn, which was a lot more than previous years, so the credits people wrote to me and said because I'd had so many weeks up to that point that it was stopping as I had reach the entitlement already, no problems!!

Just opened my renewal for this year and discovered that sons child tax credits stopped in August last year

, I honestly do not remember if I told them he was staying on in school to do A levels, I told some one but the more I think about it I think it was just the child benefit people, I know I filled a form in for them.

Any one know if I can claim the money and if I can't will I be able to claim for this year. He's still at school going in next Sept to start second year of them.

As if money wasn't tight enough!!! can't believe I struggled when I might not have needed to

Today I've realised that I've done some thing stupid and possibly costly. I stated a new job last year and when I filled in my tax credit form I put down the amount of wages that I expected to earn, which was a lot more than previous years, so the credits people wrote to me and said because I'd had so many weeks up to that point that it was stopping as I had reach the entitlement already, no problems!!

Just opened my renewal for this year and discovered that sons child tax credits stopped in August last year

, I honestly do not remember if I told them he was staying on in school to do A levels, I told some one but the more I think about it I think it was just the child benefit people, I know I filled a form in for them.

Any one know if I can claim the money and if I can't will I be able to claim for this year. He's still at school going in next Sept to start second year of them.

As if money wasn't tight enough!!! can't believe I struggled when I might not have needed to

Hopefully it was child benefit you let know, if so, they should be back dating your money as it's up to them to let Tax credits know of any changes/non changes. I rang them & let them know recently that my daughter is still at college another year, as they wrote to say child benefit was stopping, & the chap said they notify tax credits :|