Advice needed! Court Claim Form - IDR Finance/Barclaycard £13k

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I need some advice! :|

I am helping a friend with their debts and although have done this before for someone else about 5 years ago I am rather rusty and not sure what has changed!

I have been through the site reading threads and have now got some templates but want to make sure I'm on the right track and to get some advice on the POCs as I haven't come across one this long!....

Claim form received - date of issue 30th May

Northants CCBC

Claimant: IDR Finance ~(London address)

Claimant contact for all paperwork - IDR Finance (Scotland address)

POC:

The claimant claims the whole of the outstanding balance due and payable under an agreement referenced **acc number** and opened effective from 18/04/2001. The agreement is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974, was signed by the Defendant and from which credit was extended to the Defendant. The Defendant failed to make payment as required and by 25/10/2013 a default was recorded. As of 14/10/2013 the Defendant owed Barclaycard PLC the sum of £12808.14. By an agreement in writing the benefit of the debt has been legally assigned to the Claimant effective 14/10/2013 and made regular upon the claimant serving a Notice of Assignment upon the Defendant shortly thereafter. And the claimant claims:- 1. 12938.12 2. Interest pursuant to Section 69 County Court Act (!984) at a rate of 8% per annum from 14/10/2013 to 30/05/2014 of 539.09 and thereafter a daily rate of 2.71 to date of judgment or sooner payment. dated 30/05/2014

I think I need to send a CCA request to IDR. Do I need to send one to Link too? they were the one's handling it prior although I understand the two companies work together?

I am planning to do a CPR 31.14 to IDR

Going to send off acknowledgement of service and have ticked that intend to defend all of the claim and also contest jurisdiction...

By my calculations the defence must be in by the 2nd July which I think is fine providing the above letters go asap and they don't respond within 12 days of receipt?

Any advice really appreciated! Thank you!

Yes you have it in hand ilovetassimo

CCA/CPR to the claimant sols

Do not contest jurisdiction

Register to use the MCOL service then you can do it all on line...free and secure.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Also as its a barclaycard

You may want to do a subject access request and see how much can be reclaimed from Unlawful overlimit and late payment fees as well as interest in restitution Sar would go to Barclaycard

If by any chance OH has all the statements you could begin a complaint without waiting on the SAR

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

But concentrate on the claim for now and preparing a defence.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thank you!

Andyorch - why should I not contest jurisdiction?

More to the point why should you? Are you in England or Scotland ?

More to the point why should you? Are you in England or Scotland ?

In England, thought I would contest so if the requests come back with paperwork I can go to court locally and argue. In a previous case I changed the jurisdiction the claimants didn't turn up and the judge struck it out so hoping for the same!

Contesting jurisdiction does not mean that...all claims are heard in the defendants court irrespective...contesting jurisdiction is when you state that an English Court does not have jurisdiction to hear the claim...ie a Spanish Company was litigating against you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi andyorch, thank you I didn't know that :-)

I have news and so have come back seeking more advice!

Court have received acknowledgment of service. The issue date was 30/5 which makes the day of service 4th June which gives me until 2nd July to do defence.

I have sent the two letters off to IDR Finance on 12/6, delivery of/signed for on 13/6. £1 cheque cashed 19.6. Letter received today from LINK FINANCIAL instead saying:

You have recently made a request under section 77/78 for copies of various documents.

As you are aware IDR Finance UK II Ltd purchased your debt from Barclaycard plc on 14th October 2013 & as such we do not always hold the documentation requested. We have requested a copy of the agreement and the most recent terms and conditions your account was operated under from Barclaycard plc & look forward to sending this to you in the near future, however please be advised that this could take up to 30 days to provide.

My question is now what do i do? Surely if they say they own it then they should have the documentation? Why are Link writing to me in reply instead of them directly? Do i write a defence simply saying they cannot provide ownership so the court claim is in doubt? Do i need to say anything else? Is there a template for this?!

All advice truly appreciated!

Thank you

Responding to your PM.

Firstly I would check your calculations re the claim form I make your defence date 1st July ( date on claim +19 days acknowledgment +14 days defence = 33. 1st July

When a debt is assigned its a portfolio of debts ( yours and 100s of others) on a print out it has your name/ address account number and balance...that is all.The original creditor retains all the paperwork.

Link and IDR are one and the same Link Financial Outsourcing.

Regards

Andy