• Tweets

• Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
    • The retailer has come under fire for an advert showing motorcyclists wearing trainers and doing wheelies.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Vanquis, Mackenzie Hall help required plz...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Ive had an Vanquis card that i fell behind with after arranging reduced payments for 4 months but after 3 months vanquis rang and said id had the reduced amount and now needed to make the full payments..

Mackenzie hall have since contacted me with a reduced settlement offer of half the debt, looking for an amicable settlement prior to court proceedings, Which i worked out was the correct amount owed less there charges applied which doubled the amount, so i wrote back agreeing to the half debt amount and sent a letter agreeing to the true figure that was owed less the unlawful and extortionate charges and offered payments of 10.00 minimum per month due to my financial position. and that the 10.00 was on the understanding that we'd amicably agreed to the lesser figure, i foolishly sent a 10.00 postal order.

Ive had a letter back stating that, their client cannot accept the 10.00 minimum payment per month at the reduced figure, but demand that i pay 36.00 pm and unless i pay the 36.00pm the reduced figure will become the full amount.. They have also cashed the 10.00 postal order and taken it of the full figure..

Ive had a few dealings with cabot in the past and won :) but need some advise asap as they have given me 30 days and im half way through that already, feel foolish for sending the 10.00 postal order now but that was clearly indicated as the first months minimum payment..

Also SAR'd Vanquis and thats been 14 days sent...

Hadituptohere

I'm far from an expert, but learning all the time!!!!!

If i've been at all helpful please click my star.

Hadituptohere OH V Capital One, **WON**

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

Maybe I should be asking some questions seeing that this post has been viewed over 100 times but no help forthcoming..

Can Mackenzie Hall force the issue of a reduced settlement to their payment figures?

should they have taken the postal order and knocked it of the full amount although the payment was in agreement to the reduced offer?

I know the unlawful charges have doubled the amount owed and it was these charges that took me over my limit, do i just wait for the SAR from vanquis and request those charges back??

any help would be appreciated

Hadituptohere

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

Hi

Very strange that Muck Hall have this. They usually deal only in duff debts!

Even though they offered and you accepted an agreement, that would still have depended on you offering a sum they want so yes they can withdraw the offer and take the payment.

Yes, it was a bit silly sending the PO without their explicit agreement but hey, you can't change it now!

I would ignore MH for now and concentrate on Vanquis.

Was the account defaulted correctly and how long ago?

When was the account opened?

I assume MH are chasing as they bought the debt rather than acting for Vanquis

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Silverfox

thankyou for looking at this for me, the card was opened end of 2012, dont recall seeing any default notice, and in Muck Halls response they say there client cannot accept the offer i made of a minimum of 10.00pm and it has to be 36.00pm. I know for sure that the late payment charges and fees have doubled the amount. should i just write to MH and say Im awaiting my responce to the SAR i sent to Vanquis? as they gave me 30 days to respond..

Hadituptohere

As MH are stating 'client' it is highly likely they are acting for Vanquis and as such can do nothing to you. As this is a recently opened account, there is no point doing a CCA request but you have done the right thing in getting the charges sorted.

In the meantime, work out what you can afford to repay, not forgetting to have a life. If that is less than a tenner, tough on them. Offer that to Vanquis not MH and see what they can come back with.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

• 1 year later...

This is an old thread but have just received a letter from Lowell regarding my So called vanquis account, Mekenzi Hall dropped this and I was contacted by Lowell so I SAR'd them many months ago.

Since then I have received a cd that is supposed to have telephone recordings of me (which actually has nothing on), and I have had two sets of account activity (statements typed on a4 plain paper) that totally contradict each other (purchases, payments and late payment charges dates don't match).

Now I have this letter from Lowell stating ' we refer to your request for a copy of the documentation regarding this account.

Vanquis have been unable to supply all the documentation requested to fulfill your request under sec 77/78 of the consumer credit act 1974, because of this we are unable to issue court proceedings to enforce this debt, nether the less we are satisfied that we have supplied enough evidence to demonstrate the account is valid and owing and legally we are within our rights to continue to ask for repayment' .

They also offer a 50% reduction but state that that the debt will be shown as part satisfied on my credit file..

Has anyone any advice on this matter please, can they still tarnish my credit record??

Hadituptohere

Hi

As this debt was likely to have been defaulted in 2013, you still have a while before it drops off so Lowell marking it as part satisfied will only show until the default drops off.

While they cannot fulfil the CCA request, they can ask but not demand you make payments nor are you obliged to offer them a payment.

Did you do anything with the charges. If not, you could do so and that should clear any debt anyway and perhaps leave you with some beer money as well.

From muckyhall to lowlifes!

Speaks volumes.

IMO if they cannot provide the CCA, then you pay nothing.

But as SF says, have you looked at reclaiming the charges?

If they offer a 50% discount then they themselves know that they are on thin ice with this, and if you pay them anything, it will go straight into someone's pocket.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for your replies, as I've said I have received two separate lots of account statements on A4 paper, one has loads of £12.00 charges, billed finance charges cash interest, billed finance charges interest, billed finance charges default fee interest, then there's EVANQUIS EVANQUIS amounts and the other doesn't have many ???

Hadituptohere

Also the debt has gone on my credit file as Lowell and the default date is when Lowell started chasing this, can they do this although they have admitted they can't Persue this in court and cannot supply a CCA and have sent two lots of contradictory account statements ???

Hadituptohere

Vanquis have been unable to supply all the documentation requested to fulfill your request under sec 77/78 of the consumer crediticon act 1974, because of this we are unable to issue court proceedings to enforce this debt, nether the less we are satisfied that we have supplied enough evidence to demonstrate the account is valid and owing and legally we are within our rights to continue to ask for repayment' .

have a really good laugh at them and tell them to jog on. Theyre saying " we cant do anything at all to make you pay, so we're just going to harass you instead". I''d reply back, there is no legal obligation for payment and any further communication will be considered harassment and reported.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

There's just short of £400.00 in late payment and over the limit charges alone dating as far back as June 2010 on one of the statements, and Lowell are claiming £697..

Hadituptohere

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That's just £697.00, sorry for the misplaced full stops

Hadituptohere

No that's just caculated amount without interest, I don't know their interest rate as haven't had anything showing their rate

Hadituptohere

Just seen the Vanquis credit builder credit card has an APR of 39.9%

Hadituptohere

off you go then

don't forget each charge on its own row

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Also the debt has gone on my credit file as Lowell and the default date is when Lowell started chasing this, can they do this although they have admitted they can't Persue this in court and cannot supply a CCA and have sent two lots of contradictory account statements ???

Hadituptohere

Before Lowell took over the account, was there a default already in place?

If yes then when the debt was sold the default will have been put in Lowells name but the date should remain the same.

If not then the date is likely to be wrong.

Worth checking out

Hi and thanks for the replies yet again,

Ive just gone through the two separate account statements,

One was from Vanquis that I SAR'd and got Back in October 2015 there charge off was £697.00.

This shows the use of the card starting in 2012.

The reply to that SAR only contained the blank CD and the statement account.

The reply to the SAR from Lowell is just the account statement and a compliment slip hand written,

this shows the use of the card dating back to May 2010 and the last transaction/interest charge June 2012

a charge off amount of £574.00 dated June 2015

but yet the handwritten compliment slip states a balance of £697.00????

Looking at the transaction history of the Lowell statement

it clearly isnt mine as theres payments to Norwich Council,

cash taken from Norwich barclays CP,

and Maidenhead petrol stations

and ive never been to maidenhead

or had to pay Norwich Council,

bit of a bummer as the CIsheet calculates the charges on there to over £1600.00.

Now Lowells have obviously messed up here..

and they say they have the legal right to continue to collect this active account

.. lol

Hadituptohere

get that reclaiming done to vanquish

ignore lowlife

until/unless the issue a claimform

and they

I will do, but the paperwork that Lowell have sent isn't my account, it has a different card number but my name at the side and bears the vanquis logo as if it's come from vanquis ?

Hadituptohere

copy n paste from their filing cabinet trying to spoof you.

dx

and they

Hi all

I sent a letter to Lowell yesterday by recorded delivery telling them they have failed to fullfil my request of my Subject Access Request and that what they have sent out is laughable, requesting no further contact or id take it as harassment also for any default Markers there registering on my credit file to be removed.

Today I receive a letter from Lowell dated the 5th Feb saying they purchased the debt from Vanquis in good faith but were not aware of any outstanding or previous disputes, that the best way to resolve the matter is to write off the outstanding balance and close the account, you will no longer receive any further correspondence regarding this matter and that any Default registered with the Credit Reference Agencies will be removed but this may take upto 4-6 weeks...

LOL i sent my letter yesterday and get this today... Classic lowells

Hadituptohere

did you not send a CCA request to them not an sar?

and where do we ever recommend sending a chaser letter to a dca

we don't..

simply invites letter tennis..

but anyway you have a good result

now await the next fleecer to try it on.

dx

and they

It would be good to see a copy of that letter if you can scan and post it up, suitably redacted of course.

I wouldn't believe anything lowlifes say, this will get bundled up into another portfolio of lemon debts and flogged on again.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!