Re: shoosmiths LLP / Possession Order

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any advice/ opinion??

Had a Possession Order granted in favour of claimant via SS who, presumably presented their claim to County Court with information which suggested Court documents should have been served to my UK address. However, I had not been a UK resident for some time and SS were aware as they were corresponding with me in (abroad). I have contacted the CC in question who confirm my court documents (Sealed Copy?) was sent to my UK address. I never received the documents and so was never aware of my rights etc (as presumably the court papers would also include info about responding/ defence etc?).

The outcome was Possession Order granted and house subsequently repossessed - now being chased for mortgage shortfall.

The Possession Order was granted in 2011 but I now read many opinions that in fact a UK court should not hear a claim against a person who is not a UK resident.

Is it irrelevant as the Possession Order is a claim to take the property as opposed to claiming against an individual.

My concern is that perhaps SS have been underhand by happily corresponding with me abroad but may have submitted to the court that papers should be served to my UK address.

Obviously without receiving any court papers I never even returned an 'Acknowledgement of Service' form.

Any advice on where I might stand given that the Order was granted in 2011 and the house has now been sold on?

Thanks

Own thread created.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread