Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • urm the link in my post…..
    • Hi, where do I find the standard sticky please, I’ve looked but I think I am missing it 🙄
    • Hi Rei and thanks for the update.   Your post confirms what we're telling folk all the time - Harlands/CRS, Zinc and their pet "solicitors" continue to make demands but they fail to do anything substantial to back up their threats.   Hence our continuing advice to NOT respond to demands by letter, email or phone, because they'll do nothing that will affect your credit rating, or that will force you to pay.  
    • Hi GHL and welcome to CAG   You now have your own thread to use from here on ( to avoid hijacking someone else's thread where you first posted).   I assume there were 2 separate m/ships and not a joint m/ship, but please confirm.   I hope you've read other threads here which should help you understand how Harlands/CRS operate. They use every opportunity to make far more money from missed payments and penalty fees, than what they make from taking a percentage fee from ongoing monthly gym fees.   Yours was a rolling monthly m/ship so you only needed to give them notice to quit but there was no minimum 12 month term. Hence all you owe them is £19.99 each.   Write a letter to Harlands, each of you :- 1. Offering to pay the £19.99 for the notice period you failed to give 2. Offer valid for 14 days only. 3. Offer withdrawn if they fail to accept, or if they demand any higher amount.   Post a draft of your letter here first so we can check it.    Letter(s) should be sent from the PO and get a free Certificate of Posting from the PO Counter.  
    • King I fully understand the mother was living there on her own and only one named on the tenancy agreement.   As for your comment that after informed of the passing in a few days they pack tenants belongings and store them and change the locks this I completely disagree with.   In my are the different HA (and there are many) in a scenario like this will:   Communicate with the executor/family member once informed of bereavement informing them of any succession rights, property to be handed back ( 28 days on being informed of above) if unable to must notify the HA to ask for an extension.   After the 28 days if no contact the HA will then follow its Abandonment Policy.   If contact made after 28 days and no extension has been granted HA will then go to court to claim property back.   Once this is done and no contact off to court to claim property back only then will the enter the property unless in an emergency or legally required i.e. gas safety inspection even then may need to go to court for that to get access.      
  • Our picks


Bank charges on benefits

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1844 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts


Yesterday to my horror I discovered I was overdrawn and the reason was because Santander had made me so by giving me 3 bank charges of £25. and a £10. overdrawn fee for the privilege for failed direct debits, two of which were failed because I was overdrawn by £7.



I really do try to keep my account on top of it's self and it's not always been easy but 3 charges whilst on benefits has really done me in...

I have no food in the house and have had to borrow money to clear the overdrawn amount before they charge me again...



I am at my whit's end and just don't know what to do for the best..

I can't approach the bank about this as a few months ago they cleared a charge for me as a favour, apparently you are allowed one a year..



Any ideas please. I really need to get shopping and soon, I have run out of food ...

I am Disabled and my hubbie is my f/t carer..

Many thanks in advance.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Simple... Complain....

I hear Satan's Bank are getting better at handling complaints.


If it's putting you into financial hardship, you tell them. Why? Because the FCA and FOS frown badly on banks not looking after their customers interests.

If you can get into branch, then they should help by some aspects.

  • Haha 1

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much fkofilee I did as you said and went through to the complaints department this afternoon and it paid off. All of my charges and the £10 charge were reversed so I now have my money back!



I'm not normally a complainer but Thanks to you it's lesson learnt. I shall from now on be looking at things in a different light...

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
All of my charges and the £10 charge were reversed so I now have my money back!




Good stuff, glad you got that sorted :thumb:


Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good isn't it? It was so nice to see my on-line statement with 'Charge reversed' four times, such a good feeling!



Thanks for taking the time to read my post and reply... :)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...