• Tweets

• Jeff believes, like fish, chips and mushy peas, they are an integral part of this country's DNA. While Rachel argues that her 'free' account is being paid for by someone else. View the full article
    • https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8900129/Boris-Johnson-facing-Tory-revolt-new-lockdown-Furious-MPs-lead-backlash.html
    • I'm very sorry but this is very scant information and it certainly doesn't lay out the story in the way that I asked. Also there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't identify the courier. as long as you are straight dealing and honest then it is better to bring things out in the open. we don't play secret squirrel here or get into any skulduggery. we are very pleased to help you and support you but you will have to lay things out in the open so can we can fully understand and provide us with the information that we have asked for  
    • Thank you BankFodder for the feedback and learning; here is the chronology which encapsulates the 'story'.  All parcels listed below were never delivered (for no apparent reason - the reason stated on the messages I received was that 'customer has no knowledge of purchases' ) by the courier who I'm cautious not to name in case there are legal implications for me personally. This matter is now in the Court system. I would be grateful if you could please confirm that you have seen the defence. Chronology Retailer Date goods ordered Date goods collected from retailer & promised for delivery by xxxxxx Comments / Breach of contract Holland & Barrett 23/09/2019 27/09/2019 Parcels not delivered – returned to H&B Debenhams 27/09/19 07/10/2019 Parcels not delivered - returned to Debenhams Holland & Barrett (re-order) 01/10/2019 07/10/2019 Parcels not delivered – returned to H&B Debenhams 29/09/2019 01/10/2019 Parcel not delivered - returned to Debenhams Debenhams 29/09/2019 01/10/2019 Parcel not delivered - returned to Debenhams Debenhams (re-order) 01/10/2019 07/10/2019 Parcel not delivered - returned to Debenhams
    • If you want to save us all a lot of time, you can tell us the whole story in a chronology without too much narrative including who you are dealing with. We really can't say if you have missed a trick until you lay it all out.   In terms of not wanting to bother us, - very noble, but it is less of a bother if you come to us first so that we can help you to get it right first go  
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2340 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Afternoon all,

Could really do with some advice if possible. It's a bit of a long story but I will get through it as quickly and accurately as possible.

On 13th June 2013 the wife, the kids and myself moved house (we rent with a HA).

When we moved into the house we already knew, through speaking to one neighbour, that the property had been empty for a while due to flooding.

Our Housing officer informed us that electric was supplied from Southern Electric,

we took meter readings and phoned Southern Electric up.

There is no gas supply to the property (or to the village for that matter - very rural).

We set up a direct debit for £65 per month.

For the first few months living here any post that came for the previous tenant we would bundle together

and hand into the HA once we were going past (we had no forwarding address).

Once it got past about 6 months we just threw the letters in the bin tbh.

About 3 weeks ago we got a letter that was addressed to Miss D xxxx/current occupier, so I opened it.

It was a letter from a debt collection agency (face 2 face) operating on behalf of Ovo electricity, demanding £2150.50.

I called Ovo to explain that we don't owe this debt, we are with Southern Electric.

The guy said to me that was fine and that he would update their records immediately.

However, Monday, we were away on holiday and didn't get home until Monday evening,

a doorstep collector turned up at our house and obviously as we were not there put a card through the door to say that he called. Again,

I called Ovo to complain, saying we didn't owe this debt and that we are with Southern Electric.

However, at this point the chap turned around and said, no you are with Ovo.

They, as it turns out do supply our property with electric, not Southern Electric, and have done since December 2011.

The chap said there was a request from Southern Electric back in March 2013 to take over supplying the property,

but Ovo denied it as there was debt outstanding.

It turns out this was our HA asking Southern Electric to supply it when they were doing the necessary work on the property when the last tenant left.

I phoned Southern Electric to check this out, and after about 30 mins of investigation

they confirmed that indeed Ovo do supply the property, not Southern Electric.

The lady I spoke to said she would raise a formal complaint on my behalf, but this could take a few months to sort out.

Obviously Southern Electric have about £750 of my money.

Which leads me on to Ovo.

After all this I gave the chap at Ovo our current meter readings.

It turns out since we have been here we have used £1650 of electric,

so we were massively underpaying Southern.

The reason Southern didn't spot it earlier was because all there bills/statement were estimates.

The chap at Ovo said to cover current consumption we would need to pay £135 per month - that's fine.

However, he also said the debt of £1650 needs to be cleared in 12 months.

There is no way I can do that.

It would push my bill up to about £275 per month (until I get the refund from Soutern), then down to £220, which I just can't afford.

The guy did say the only way they will extend the debt is through pre-pay meters,

but they just are not practical where we live.

Our nearest pay point shop is nearly 7 miles, and even in this winter, which wasn't that bad by all accounts,

we couldn't get out the village for about a week in total through flooding etc.

I did, in another conversation, ask them to fit a smart meter as you can top them up online which would be fine,

but he said our meter isn't compatible, and as they didn't have to do it until 2020 or something they wouldn't do it.

I have told Ovo I can afford £175 per month, but they won't accept.

So, what do I do?

I have left it that Ovo are going to call me next Wednesday to set up a repayment plan of £275,

which in all good conscious I can't do because I can't afford it.

I have called Soutern god knows how many times to sort out getting my money back (and compensation)

and just get told it is going through the complaints system.

Southern are trying to push the blame onto Ovo, saying they should have contacted me well before now.

I feel we are being right royally screwed here, and don't know where to turn!

Thanks.

if they didn't come read the meter that's THEIR PROBLEM NOT YOURS.

you shouldn't have to pay for THEIR MISTAKE.

i'd be taking this to the energy ombs

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...