• Tweets

• Hi    I’ve spoke to my GP and they said they’ve been told by the government not to hand out any letters for people and I need to go onto the government website and I can get a letter of there.    I’ve searched all over the website and can’t find anything but the template for the exemption card I already have.    It makes clear on the website that you don’t need to proof any medical exemption but the police and shop keepers clearly think otherwise.    I don’t no if I’ll have an argument now since my doctor won’t even see me so I can proof my anxiety. I don’t fancy paying solicitors fees if it has to go to court. I’d struggle paying the £200 fine at the moment let alone anything else.    I’m going to ring CAB today and see if they can help in anyway. I think it’s likely I’ll end up paying but I really don’t think it’s fair as I followed the rules the government set.    If I do have to pay it is there anyway I can pay it in instalments or convince them to still give me the £100 discount? I’m not a solicitor so I’ve needed more time then two weeks to figure out were I stand.    Thanks  Andrew 
    • If i was to contact AX today and tell them a family member can loan me the money for a new car so the hire car can be collected . i could see what they say to this. Is this a good idea?
    • I am sorry i find this forum bit hard to navigate can you please provide me the link where i can see any sample complain letter, so the letter text i sent in my previous post is not a complaint letter?   Secondly i don't mind at all if you are correcting me, English is not my first language and it is much appreciated that you correcting me, i have found the correct word "tampered". Thanks  
    • Young Professional Preparing For Your Future: the free new virtual learning programme for young people aged 14 - 16 from Youth Employment UK View the full article
    • Will Shu's comments come as the food delivery firm sets out flotation plans but reports another loss. View the full article
  • Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 25 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2467 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

This war hero turned up on our seafront out of nowhere almost like rising from his grave to tell us something,

his expression tells of 2 story's,

1st the look of pain and sadness for the thousand upon thousand of his comrades who fought

and fell at his side for the freedom and rights of our country and us,

We need this war hero,and now he needs you .....

the towns people have only 10 weeks left to raise enough cash to keep our soldier "Tommy"

We need £102 thousand, and fund raising is strating now please see the facebook page for more info

and see some of the hunders of photos of this powefull image from the past

https://www.facebook.com/mission11.01?fref=nf

Edited by dx100uk
no need for the extra bit - no on the FB page - dx

A very worthwhile cause to those Men and Women who fought and paid the ultimate sacrifice in service of their country.

They get called for duty to serve the Crown

Loyal Men and Women hed the call

They say there farewells and off to serve

Where they will go no one knows

When they do its hell raining down

Bullets Bombs comrades fallin

They ask so little but give so much

The fallin the injured the families

We bow our heads in Respect

An salute you all

Lest we Forget

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2643999/Sculpture-British-Tommy-reflecting-horrors-World-War-One-minute-peace-declared-installed-mark-centenary.html

Incredible sculpture - why on earth are they planning to move it ?

I would have thought that it would be a tourist draw.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D