Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd and their searches

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2463 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just got info for all 3 CRA's and found a search by the above last year.

As I understand it this will stay on for 2 years. Simply says 'Unrecorded enquiry'. So I have no idea what it relates to. 2 questions:

1. Is that type of enquiry visible to lenders?

2. How can I find out what it relates to?

This entry is historical, however all accounts in arrears became Stat Barred April/May this year. What would be the position if they again search my file when they are Stat Barred?

Not very well up on the rules regarding searches so any help would be greatly appreciated.

David

As I understand it, although a tracing search from a DCA stays on your file for two years, it should not be visible to anybody but you. Of course there is no easy way of knowing that but this is apparently the case.

To find out why Lowell have searched your file then you would need to contact their compliance department and ask them - just be aware that this could be opening the door, so to speak, if there is a debt which is yours and which they are chasing and which isn't yet SB.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

As has been discussed many times before SB is a complex issue so as sidewinder says I wouldn't really be too worried.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

I am pretty accurate on what debts I owe so have no unknown.

All of the debts became Stat barred certainly, with all having cause for action, (when 1st missed payment became due, no further payments and no ackowlegement of the debt) April/May 2014.

If the searches don't show however, not worth getting my knickers in a twist over it.

Thanks for the info guys

David