Disciplinary Investigation Meeting...?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I joined a company around 4months ago and I travel to get there around 2hrs each way.

The job basically required me to work on site for my companies client.

Every week I am suppose to complete a timesheet and I am suppose to complete 37.5hrs a week.

On a daily basis especially the last 2 months, I reach work after 9am and I mostly leave the office by 3:30pm (I skip lunch) so I get in time to see my baby son before he sleeps but I work off my phone and remotely.

I make sure all my tasks are on top of, I believed until this email that the client was happy with my work as I work and I always make time for the customer whether it be a phone call in the morning at 8am or a call after 5pm.

Today I received an email stating I have a Disciplinary Investigation Meeting for Alleged issues with time keeping, possible dishonesty and fraudulent claiming for hours not worked; breaching code of ethics with regards to accurately recording and charging labour.

My contract states my hours of work are 9-5:30pm however flexible working can be agreed with the manager, which he was happy with me to as long as I completed 37.5hrs in a week.

I have had a word with HR and they said they have had to hold this meeting due to a complaint from the client and they have to follow process.

What are the likely chances if they do find discrepancies within my time keeping that they would sack me for it and do I have any grounds to appeal if they did?

I initially asked if my client could be present at the hearing as I honestly thought I was keeping the customer happy as I make sure the customers are well looked after and go beyond helping them every time. However it seems he is the one who has made the complaint so this has really baffled me.

I have had no warnings, hints or anything in the last 4 months...

Any advise on this matter would be of a great help.

Thanks

Unfortunatly in most cases except those that include discrimination under the single equality act, your employment protection is very limited.

You have the right to be accompanied to any disciplinary hearing.

If the meeting starts as an investigatory it should adjourn for at least 24 hours before moving into a disciplinary where a serious outcome such as dismissal is a possible outcome.

Read the note at the end of the meeting

Request additions or edits if they are not accurate

Sign the notes at the end but draw a big Z taking up remaining space under the final sentence to prevent anything being added after signing

If they refuse to make the changes then add "Signed under duress as notes are inaccurate" and then sign

You will have the right to appeal but unfortunately after that, you will not qualify for consideration at an employment tribunal.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.