Littlewoods posing as halifax?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3608 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone ever came across anything like this before? Today I recieved an email from [email protected], which is the real littlewoods email address. Here is what it said

Dear Customer,

We recently have determined that different computers have logged in your Halifax

account, and multiple password failures were present before the logons.

For your security we have temporary suspended your account.

Please download the document attached to this email and fill carefully.

If you do not restore your account by June 04, we will be forced to suspend

your account indefinitely, as it may have been used for fraudulent purposes.

Do not ignore this message is for your security.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Yours sincerely,

Karl Servini

Head of Customer Research

Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland no. SC327000.

Registered office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ.

Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority

There was an attachment on it that I assume asks for all my banking details and such, that I did not open.

Now, I am used to getting stuff like this from spammers, but NEVER an official company email like this. I have forwarded this onto halifax and they advised me to delete the email aswell, but I'm not sure if I should? If I do I will have no proof further down the line if I should need it that littlewoods actually tried to hack my online banking :/

It will be a virus and it will be from neither littlwoods or Halifax. There have been many of these going round of late and the email addresses have just been masked to appear from genuine addresses. However, its relatively easy to send an email to someone and make it appear as though its coming from someone else.

I dont think this has been masked..as when I click reply it tried to send an email to the actual littlewoods address..and I had littlewoods in my contact book to begin with (I do have an account with them) and it came up that I had an email from my contact?

It's a phishing letter. I've seen a LOT of variations of this before.

The best way to check is to look at the email headers. That will show where the email actually came from.

Also, just go to your nearest halifax branch and ask one of the front desk reps to check. Simple.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It's a phishing letter. I've seen a LOT of variations of this before.

The best way to check is to look at the email headers. That will show where the email actually came from.

Yup..thats how I realised it wasn't from halifax. Headers say littlewoods..reply says littlewoods, when I forward it it says littlewoods too. Plus it came from the email address that I have saved as a contact for littlewoods.

Give little woods a ring and also contact halifax and advise them of whats going on as well.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

This is taking the mick now. Littlewoods ignored me to begin with, now they have finally replied telling me that my account has been passed to lowell (?). That is nothing at all to do with what I asked them about.

And now I have another TWO emails from littlewoods pretending to be halifax.

What an utter joke.