Mortgage Switch - Passed from Pillar to Post!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3644 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I have a big problem with my Halifax mortgage. Today I should be able to switch my mortgage online, so I went to:-

https://secure.mortgages.halifax.co.uk/mortgage/mortgage_switch.asp

but when I tried, I got a message stating:-

fp0394.jpg

After contacting various mortgage servicing/products transfer teams, they checked and confirmed that none of the mentioned issues applied to me and could not tell me why I could not move forward. I was passed onto various different people in many departments and I got the same answer that they don't know. :???:

Their final answer was that this is an online issue, therefore I need to speak to the online team or the other option. So I rang the online team and all they said that if I could login online then it's not their problem and only the mortgage team can look into it.

I'm going insane here :-x as I'm being just fobbed off and have spent hours on the phone. Halifax don't have any online support for those who simply want a non-advised switch to a different product and are forcing me to go down the advised route, which I don't want to.

Is there a chief executive number that I could call directly and see if I can get anywhere? :???::???:

Regards

Edited by looking4advice

Thank you for your reply fkofilee. Since posting on here, I have already made a complaint. Here is the issue...the advisors are suggesting different scenarios for the problem, such as wrong details entered, account locked out due to too many tries and possibly a major IT issue.

I haven't got a concrete answer and I'm worried I might miss out on the current offered rate and term available if this does not get sorted quickly. Is there anyone else with halifax who is having the same problem as me on here? How can I definately find out what the real issue is?

Just spoken to several advisors on phone. One complaint handler is saying that there is a national IT issue, yet the rest are saying they don't know what she is on about. Now I raised this with the complaint handler and she simply became very aggressive and said that either I accept her resolution and wait (months on end if necessary) or she will simply close the complaint with a final resolution.

I have now lost the rate of 3.19% for 4yrs as halifax is now showing as 3.34% :-x

I'm wondering if anyone has a contact that allows me to get to a higher level person who could look into this???