going bankrupt or being made bankrupt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3612 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you go bankrupt, then any debt that is included in it would be wiped, bar certain ones. Youd also lose most of your assets. House etc.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi

Have a look at this link from Insolvency Service: http://www.bis.gov.uk/insolvency/personal-insolvency

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

thank you very much for your quick response.

forgive my ignorance, but would my debt other than that to hmrc have to be mentioned at the court hearing or would this happen when i see the receiver

many thanks

If you take a list of all your other debts and perhaps the last statements of each. I thought it was up to the company making you bankrupt to inform your other creditors that they were doing so.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If you go bankrupt, then any debt that is included in it would be wiped, bar certain ones. Youd also lose most of your assets. House etc.

You would not necessarily lose your family home. For example, if your family home had negative equity, then it can not be taken off you in bankruptcy.

If you have children under the age of 18 then a court may decide to let you keep your home.

If you or a member of your family has health problems, again the court may decide to let you keep your home.

You can also use the human rights act to enable you to keep your home in bankruptcy.

This article concerns human rights and bankruptcy: http://www.9stonebuildings.com/publications/human_rights.pdf

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

well, i have a date of next thursday to see the receiver.

i will let you know what happens.

i have received a thirty odd page form to fill in and take with me.and some of the questions relate to other debts, so we shall see where i end up

i am living in rented accommodation and have very little in the way of assets, i have no dependents.

most of the info on line seems to be about how to make yourself bankrupt as opposed to being made bankrupt, hopefully after my interview i will be able to shed some light on it from my own particular angle.

thanks again for all of your replies.

tony

The only difference between someone else making you bankrupt and doing it yourself is you save on the fees. In fact it probably cost HMRC more than it would have cost you.

Declare all of your debts. Council tax is one that survives bankruptcy for example but all normal unsecured debt (including CCJs) will be included.

Know about IPA and IPO if you are earning. Also know how to do a Statement of Affairs because they will ask for one.

DO NOT CHEAT. Be upfront with the receiver and answer questions honestly. Do not try to cover up assets.

I would recommend becoming a member of Money Saving Expert so that you can post up on the Bankruptcy and Living With It forum for advice and to read the experience of others.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136

And good luck. This is a clean break. While the record of it lasts forever your (financial) life will begin again.