• Tweets

• This is the other sign  parking sign 1a.pdf
    • 4 means that they need to name and then tell the people who will be affected that there has been an application made, what the application relates to (specificially "whether it relates to the exercise of the court’s jurisdiction in relation to P’s property and affairs, or P’s personal welfare, or to both) and what this application contains (i.e what order they want made as a result of it) 5 just means that teh court think it is important that the relevant people are notified 7 means that the court need more information to make the application, hence they have then made the order of paragraph 1 which requires the applicant to do more - this means the court can't make a decision with the current information, and need more, hence paragraph one of the order is for the applicant to do more. paragraph 3 of the order gives you the ability to have it set aside, although if it was made in january you are very late. Were you notiifed of the application or not?    
    • These are the photos of the signs. At the entrance there is a 7h free sign. On some bays there is a permit sign.  Also their official website is misleading as it implies all parking is free.  I can't be certain of the exact parking bay I was in that day, and there was no PCN ticket on my car and no other evidence was provided.  parking sign 2.pdf
    • Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
    • Unless I've got an incorrect copy of the relevant regulation: The PCN is only deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch "unless the contrary is proved" in which case date of delivery does matter (not just date of posting) and I would like clarification of the required standard of proof. It seems perhaps this hasn't been tested. Since post is now barcoded for the Post Office's own tracking purposes perhaps there is some way I can get that evidence from the Post Office...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Llawnroc Parking Services Ltd 2* PCN from 2014 - MIL claimform***Claim Dismissed***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2983 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, This PCN has all changed since I last used it!!

My wife borrows my car for work sometimes, she received 2 PCN from above co. She was parked in a friends spot at her house with friends permission.

1st was 6 Feb next was 27 Mar 2014, just received NTK dated 30 May. is this not late? Letter states that if I use POPLA (not that i will, as I was not driving) I forfeit the cheaper rate etc.

Do i contact them in any way i.e lateness of letter or just to say I am not the driver

Many Thanks

Hi All, This PCN has all changed since I last used it!!

My wife borrows my car for work sometimes, she received 2 PCN from above co. She was parked in a friends spot at her house with friends permission.

1st was 6 Feb next was 27 Mar 2014, just received NTK dated 30 May. is this not late? Letter states that if I use POPLA (not that i will, as I was not driving) I forfeit the cheaper rate etc.

Do i contact them in any way i.e lateness of letter or just to say I am not the driver

Many Thanks

So two windscreen tickets (NTD) on the above dates, and one Notice To Keeper referring to one of them?

A NTK has to be received between 29-56 days of the NTD to allow for keeper liability.

So this is out of time is it not?

Which means they can only chase the driver. Who they do not know....

Short reply stating that as registered keeper you are not liable and do not have to name driver.

No other correspondence will be entered into.

Foxtrot oscar...

Maybe not the last bit!

Get proof of postage from post office.

Hi

The letter mentions both tickets 6/2/14 and 27/3/14 and the NTK is dated 30 May 14 Received by me 1/6/14 No photo evidence mentioned states " Breach of Terms & conditions; No permit displayed, Parked in No Parking zone (Private St). How would I word my reply please using this

Many thanks

Moll and a worried wife

Hi

The letter mentions both tickets 6/2/14 and 27/3/14 and the NTK is dated 30 May 14 Received by me 1/6/14 No photo evidence mentioned states " Breach of Terms & conditions; No permit displayed, Parked in No Parking zone (Private St). How would I word my reply please using this

Many thanks

Moll and a worried wife

Does the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the POFA 2012? I suspect not, and they are only chasing the driver. The keeper cannot be held liable...

Also they should have sent two NTKs as how do they know the keeper is the same person on both dates? It would be interesting to see the NTK if you could post it up redacted of personal info.

' As registered keeper of vehicle reg xxxxxxx , I have received a NTK ref no. xxxxxxx from you.

I wish to make it clear that I am not liable for this charge.

I am under no obligation to name the driver of this vehicle.

Any further correspondence from you regarding this matter will be treated as harassment, and dealt with accordingly. '

A complaint to the DVLA would be in order as well, due to the breach of their KADOE contract.

Does the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the POFA 2012? I suspect not, and they are only chasing the driver. The keeper cannot be held liable...

Also they should have sent two NTKs as how do they know the keeper is the same person on both dates? It would be interesting to see the NTK if you could post it up redacted of personal info.

' As registered keeper of vehicle reg xxxxxxx , I have received a NTK ref no. xxxxxxx from you.

I wish to make it clear that I am not liable for this charge.

I am under no obligation to name the driver of this vehicle.

Any further correspondence from you regarding this matter will be treated as harassment, and dealt with accordingly. '

A complaint to the DVLA would be in order as well, due to the breach of their KADOE contract.

Typed it out verbatim as my scanner is not working at mo!

Dear xxx

According to our records a Parking Charge Notice was affixed to the vehicle on 6 February 2014 & 27 March 2014 and has not been paid. It has now gone over the 14 day time period to pay. Although it is too late to pay at the discounted rate, we will accept that this may be an oversight by the driver; therefore the Charge will remain at the lower rate.

If £80 is paid within 14 days, the charge will be deemed as paid. This letter is a Notice to Owner and is addressed to the registered keeper as you are the person responsible for the vehicle and because the Parking Charge Notice has not been paid, we are asking for payment of the outstanding Parking Charge incurred by the driver. You should inform us if you had sold the vehicle before the charge was issued or hired the vehicle from a hire company. If yu were not driving the vehicle at the time, you are to inform us as to who was, giving their name and address or any paper work as proof or pass this notice to the driver. The payment of the amount owing must be paid within 14 days or we may take further action.

If the Charge is not paid within 14 days, the charge will be increased to the higher level of £70 per ticket; if at the end of the 28 day period on receipt of this notice, the amount of the unpaid parking charge has not been paid in full and we do not know both the name and current address of the driver, we will have the right to recover from the keeper the amount as remains unpaid and it will be then sent to a Debt Recovery Agency where further costs of £50 will be added by the debt recovery company, (payment due will be £240).

Details of the Parking Charge Notice are as follows

PCN NO 4055 & 910100012

Loc of Vehicle xxxxx

Date Vehicle was seen in contravention; 6/2/14 & 27/3/14

Vehicle Reg xxxxxxx

Date ticket issued; 6/2/14 & 27/3/14

Vehicle make and colour; Gold Lambourghini (I wish)

Breach of Terms and Conditions; No permit displayed. Parked in no parking zone.

As the PCN was not paid we had reasonable cause to apply to the DVLA requesting the registered keeper details. If you believe your Data has been used inappropriately, you may complain to the DVLA and or Information Commsioners Office (ICO)

Appeals/Disputes procedure; In the event that you wish to appeal against the Parking Charge Notices, this has to be done within 14 days from the date of issue. The charge will be held at £40 per ticket pending the outcome of the appeal. Please send a letter of email to the address at the top of this page. Please allow 14 days for the company to reach its final decision, where you will be informed of our decision in writing or e-mail. Should the decision go against you, we will advise you of the use of POPLA (Parking on Private Land Appeals). If you opt to use POPLA you will no longer have the right to pay at the lower rate and the parking charge will automatically rise to £70.

Payment; Payments accepted by cheque, Postal order or cash, cheques to be paid to LLAWNROC PARKING SERVICESS LTD, and sent to the above address, or log onto www.llawnrocparkingservices.co.uk and make payment using a debit or credit card

Many thanks for your co operation

Yours Sincerley

Squiggle(SORT OF SIGNATURE)

for llanroc parking services

all to late so they can get lost. Dont even bother replying to them, make them waste their money on any following up they care to do as they wont win. Letters from debt collection agencies are meaningless so they can be ignored as well, regardless of how scary the threats.

The datails of the supposed breach wouldnt stand up to scrutiny either so there is no mileage in the claim whatsoever.

my proposed reply

Thank you for your letter dated 30 May 2014, I would give a reference number but there does not appear to be one on the letter.

However for your convenience it mentions two PCNs 4055 and 91000012. According t the BPA code of practice an NTK should be sent no more than 56 days from the NTD for Keeper liability (if there ever was a NTD, I'm assuming you have a photo) 27/3/14 until 30 May 2014 ( date of letter) or 1st June 2014( date of receipt by me) equates to 63 days from the date sent or 65 days for date of receipt for Keeper liability. I wish to make it clear that I am not liable for this charge.

I am under no obligation to name the driver of this vehicle. It certainly was not me as I was working on both days mentioned and not in Truro. Without having to point out the other abnormalities in the letter

I consider this an end to the matter

xxxxxx

anything to add or omit?

Edited by moll 61
my name was on show

my proposed reply

Thank you for your letter dated 30 May 2014, I would give a reference number but there does not appear to be one on the letter.

However for your convenience it mentions two PCNs 4055 and 91000012. According t the BPA code of practice an NTK should be sent no more than 56 days from the NTD for Keeper liability (if there ever was a NTD, I'm assuming you have a photo) 27/3/14 until 30 May 2014 ( date of letter) or 1st June 2014( date of receipt by me) equates to 63 days from the date sent or 65 days for date of receipt for Keeper liability. I wish to make it clear that I am not liable for this charge.

I am under no obligation to name the driver of this vehicle. It certainly was not me as I was working on both days mentioned and not in Truro. Without having to point out the other abnormalities in the letter

I consider this an end to the matter

xxxxxx

anything to add or omit?

I would take the red out, and add ' Any further correspondence from you regarding this matter will be treated as harassment, and dealt with accordingly. '

I would not be adding any information about yourself, as these sc@##£rs have no right to know.

For some reason I cannot edit my post above, but ' According t the BPA code of practice ' should be , POFA 2012 schedule 4, as this is what legally allows keeper liability.

Just received reply

Thank you for your email and acknowledging receipt of the NTO.

You are correct in the fact that POFA 2012 cannot be used because of the 56 day period, however the parking charges can and will be pursued through a debt recovery agency and a court of law because you have been notified within 6 months from the date of issue and the courts will instruct you to name the driver of your vehicle.

We do have photos of your vehicle as standard procedure as proof that your vehicle was at that location and would be used if necessary in court.

Many Thanks

What do the Caggers think?

Just received reply

Thank you for your email and acknowledging receipt of the NTO.

You are correct in the fact that POFA 2012 cannot be used because of the 56 day period, however the parking charges can and will be pursued through a debt recovery agency and a court of law because you have been notified within 6 months from the date of issue and the courts will instruct you to name the driver of your vehicle.

We do have photos of your vehicle as standard procedure as proof that your vehicle was at that location and would be used if necessary in court.

Many Thanks

What do the Caggers think?

Refer them to 'Arkell vs Pressdram ' then...

• Haha 1

No new tactic. Just the same old lies and empty threats from the PPC industry...

They can do nothing apart from send begging letters. They are too stupid to follow the rules that are there to help them chase the keeper.

So do I just ignore now?

Yep...

You may get letters from their debt collector of choice, but they have NO power to do anything, apart from send letters.

They dont half sprout some cr*p, there is nothing in law that gives them the right to get you to name the driver and they know it. They arent going anywhere near a court as they would be paying out fortunes in counterclaim compensation. They just dont want to admit they are utterly and stupidly wrong as you might tell your friends that father christmas isnt real.

• 1 month later...

Just received 2 begging letters from PCS stating "Driver must pay" they still don't know who that was. Very amateurish print all out of boxes etc.

Notice to Owner.

We have obtained your details as you were the registered keeper/owner of the vehicle at the time of parking. A Parking Charge has been issued because your vehicle was involved in breaching the stated terms and conditions of parking, which were clearly displayed and agreed to by the driver when your vehicle was parked on private land managed by our client Llawnroc Parking Services Ltd.

Despite a Parking Charge having already been issued, and placed on the screen of your vehicle, or sent to you by post, we have not received payment from the driver. The opportunity to pay at the reduced amount has passed and the full amount is now due.

Full payment must be made by the driver within 28 days of the date of this letter to avoid further action.

Sound familiar?

PCS-Parking Collection Services? You say very amateurish which figures.

This is a Poxburghe company.

Still having to chase the driver... who they do not know, and who you do not have to reveal to them.

I wouldn't bother replying. You may get another in two weeks with more red ink, but it can go no where.

• 11 months later...

HAd all the usual threats then nothing since last year.

Just received a letter from a local debt collection agency (MIL Collections) saying they have been sold the debt.

The letter states intention of small claims court etc

final line says " Do not undderestimate the seriousness of this letter. You may NOT receive further communication from us prior to issue of small claims action.

Original tickets issue 2012!

HAd all the usual threats then nothing since last year.

Just received a letter from a local debt collection agency (MIL Collections) saying they have been sold the debt.

The letter states intention of small claims court etc

final line says " Do not undderestimate the seriousness of this letter. You may NOT receive further communication from us prior to issue of small claims action.

Original tickets issue 2012!

There is no debt to be sold until a court says that money is owed. No credit agreement was signed...

Has the drivers identity been confirmed?

Have you been sent formal notice of assignment of the ' debt ' by the PPC?

Original NTDs were 2014 weren't they?

MIL are issuing court papers but there is no keeper liability in your case so it would have to be in the drivers name.

you could respond and tell them they have wasted their money buying a non-existent debt and any furhter demand will be reported as attempted fraud. However, that could be seen as a waste of a stamp as for several reasons it is clear that this cowboys haven bought any debt. DEAL at least sent out letters telling lies about the assignment of non-existent debt from people who hadnt given them any permission to do or say anything where these bandits cant even be bothered to tell lies to support their crooked claim.