Cmdenny

Egg Court Hearing.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3512 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have recieved notice from the County Court that Egg want a "Hearing" - presumably before any claim trial as a prelude? This sounds like scare tactics - much like Lloyds made me fill in allocation questionaires etc..

Anybody else have any experience of this tactic and advice - hearing requested is not till Jan, so no imediate concern.

HSBC, FS £100

Hfax Credit Card Full Settlement £330

Lloyds FS £503 (had to do moneyclaim + allocation questionaires

Halifax Full Settlement £979

Lloyds Credit Card Moneyclaim raised.

03/05/06 Fraud case with Egg resolved after 2 1/2 months!, full refund of fraud amount+interest+charges (£1060). Apology and cheque for £300 - BBC Working Lunch helped scare them into action.

Are you now precluded from discussing your egg card publicly? They are trying to bully my sister to pay them for transactions (atm andd other) that she is not responsible for. She has a lawyer but from what I have seen the only way they will take any notice is if they are threatened themselves with bad pr. I am going to try and show them publicly for what they are as you were going to do via the BBC. Bullying of this sort is disgusting.Are you interested? Also I am looking for other people who have been or ARE currently in the same predicament??

I had my Egg card cloned and some ****** has been running round Ashford / Romney Marsh/Leyton - (places I have never been)and withdrew a grand in the space of two months - I highlighted this to egg as soon as I found out and 2 months down the line I dont have any returned cash and Egg are saying I am eligable! This is on the grounds that the amounts were £50, 100's and the normal methods of these thiefs is to withdraw as much as possible. Unfortunately it took me a couple of months to realise as the account was on line and not used frequently by myself (concentrating on paying off balance on another card first) - the minimum payment would be taken by direct debit. Egg sent me statements going back a year (on my request) and I querried a couple of other payments which were showing from last year (for several months the a.c had no availiable balance and I was concerned the card was cloned several months ago) when I asked them to look into these showing as "Barclays Woolwich" they then said I would eligable for all the debts - I since realise that this mean Barclays/Woolwich Bank and not a Barclays in Woolwich - the rest of the fraud withdrawls showing in east London and Kent. I have told Egg I only want to claim the payments which were not me, after Decemember 2006 - but they are telling me Im eligable for the entire theft!!

I have now spent hours on the phone to their awful call centres and treated like a thief - I am bashing my head against a brick wall.

I am on the final Appeal (whole thing started on 27feb when reported) with Egg and getting a triffle concerned - Any advise would be really appreciated. The last thing that they said to me was that I would be eligable to pay the theft amount in entirety even though I can provide statemtns to prove that I was not able to make the withdraws.

Cheers

PS -

The latest laugh is I have requested twice not to be called on my Home number, and on the last occasion yesterday morning I had my home number removed from the system. This is because I am at work during the day, and more importantly one of my family has been ill for some time and doesnt need to answer the phone - I get home and at 4pm one of their cretins has called the same day (home number has never been included on written letters)! I've just been on the phone again and raised another complaint

I am an innocent victim of card fraud whilst on holiday in riga, I have been fighting with egg for 16months and would be interested in how you approach the bbc. As you quote it is disgusting how they treat fraud they contradict there own code dont supply you with information upon request delaying court tactics. There investigation is an audit trail nothing more nothing less. They have caused my life to be turned upside down and I can completely relate to what your saying.

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

HSBC, FS £100

Hfax Credit Card Full Settlement £330

Lloyds FS £503 (had to do moneyclaim + allocation questionaires

Halifax Full Settlement £979

Lloyds Credit Card Moneyclaim raised.

03/05/06 Fraud case with Egg resolved after 2 1/2 months!, full refund of fraud amount+interest+charges (£1060). Apology and cheque for £300 - BBC Working Lunch helped scare them into action.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3512 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you