Parking Charge Notice - Northumbria University

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can I ask about a civil parking charge my son has just got from Northumbria university - it's a simple case of he didn't see the sign on the way in and certainly he's taken a photo an I couldn't spot the sign in his photo so it seems reasonable that this is the indeed the case. he didn't however take a close up photo of the sign so I cant say what info or logo's are on there

the company are 'car parking partnership' (trading name Liberty Printers???), it says on their ticket they are registered with the British parking association though I see they are not listed on the approved list on BPA's website though the more I read the more I wonder if this is at all relevant.

the car park was pretty empty when he arrived mid afternoon (to pick up his mate who is studying there - my son lives in northern Ireland and he was taking his mate home to northern Ireland the next day) - it was still pretty empty the next day when he went to the car and found the ticket so there is no real parking management issue here or no real loss that I can see

help please

can I ask about a civil parking charge my son has just got from Northumbria university - it's a simple case of he didn't see the sign on the way in and certainly he's taken a photo an I couldn't spot the sign in his photo so it seems reasonable that this is the indeed the case. he didn't however take a close up photo of the sign so I cant say what info or logo's are on there

the company are 'car parking partnership' (trading name Liberty Printers???), it says on their ticket they are registered with the British parking association though I see they are not listed on the approved list on BPA's website though the more I read the more I wonder if this is at all relevant.

the car park was pretty empty when he arrived mid afternoon (to pick up his mate who is studying there - my son lives in northern Ireland and he was taking his mate home to northern Ireland the next day) - it was still pretty empty the next day when he went to the car and found the ticket so there is no real parking management issue here or no real loss that I can see

help please

You really need to start your own thread, as this one deals with a different company.

New thread created

• Confused 1

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

how did he get the notification? ticket on windscreen? If so wait for teh company to sned a notice to the registed keeper through the post. If they are not BPA members then this will most likely never happen as they wont have access to the DVLA database. If the notice does arrive it must be received between 29 and 56 days after the day of issue of the ticket. there should be daetails of how to appeal the cahrge and the appeal should just simply say that no sogns were visible so no cotract offered for consideration.

If they dont accept that then your son can appeal to POPLA and go for inadequate signage to form a contract and no loss caused and amount claimed not a genuine loss or pre-estimate of loss.

For the moment though, wait for the demand through the post.

thanks for replying

yeah it was a ticket on the windscreen - the BPA do point out on their website that the list they have online is not exhaustive - perhaps to be expected so no-one can claim the company isn't registered with them

am I better sending off the appeal now?? or waiting and doing nothing - I have to say I'm a bit nervous doing nothing and ending up having to pay more in the long run

are these things enforceable??

No do nothing at the moment.

Wait for the notice to keeper (NTK).

This will be between 29 to 56 days from the windscreen ticket.

Can you sons friend send you a photo of the sign ?

thanks for replying

yeah it was a ticket on the windscreen - the BPA do point out on their website that the list they have online is not exhaustive - perhaps to be expected so no-one can claim the company isn't registered with them

am I better sending off the appeal now?? or waiting and doing nothing - I have to say I'm a bit nervous doing nothing and ending up having to pay more in the long run

are these things enforceable??

Liberty Printers (AR & RF Reddin) Ltd also T/A Liberty Services Ltd and Car Parking Partnership Ltd

That is what they are listed as on the BPA AoS.

You don't have to pay now, and you don't have to pay in the long run.

You wait and see if they contact the DVLA and then send you a Notice To Keeper, which must be between 29-56 days of the windscreen ticket (Notice To Driver).

Enforceable? Not if you follow the advice we give here...

no he was picking his friend up from uni so he's home here now, hence why he wasn't at all familiar with the carparks etc, - I know, it would be good to see exactly what was on the sign - but really from the photo I couldn't even pick out the sign at all