Parked in a taxi rank for 10 seconds!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That is the rubbish that FOTL weirdos spout. If you start quoting things like that on here, you will find yourself with not a lot of friends but you will probably get abuse.

If you bought it, you handed over the money, but you are only the registered keeper, then who owns it ??

It's not rubbish it's actually quite misleading and the v5 misnomer is very much debated on various forums.

And where and how I acquire my friends is really none of your business.

It is rubbish, but more importantly it's irrelevant. As I've said, the person being held liable is the person the council believes to be the owner. Not the person you or I believe to be the owner. So whatever you may think about the situation and the wording of the V5, you can be certain that the council will hold you liable.

The legislation states that if you rely on the 'I am not/was not the owner' grounds then you have to state who the owner is if you know. You obviously know who the owner is so if you state you don't you are liable to a £5000 fine.

If the v5 details are wrong your insurance may also be invalid and you would also be unable to release the vehicle if towed or clamped.