Landlord not renewed Gas Safety Certificate

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3610 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a wee issue. We moved into our house in December 2012 for which we received the Gas Safety Certificate. As of this date, we have never received a new certificate from December 2013, and the landlord has never mentioned it.

I'm fully aware they're breaking the law ... so what should I do? I have another ongoing issue which is they haven't protected my deposit so will be going to court, so I'm not really in the mood to discuss this latest issue with them, I'd rather just report them and let them answer to the appropriate authority.

Who do I need to report my landlord to? What can I do about getting a new certificate?

Many thanks.

hyperjase

Your thread might be better answered in the "Residential lettings forum".

I expect Site Team might move you.

Is the property rented privately or through a letting agent ??

Hi hyperjase

I am going to move your thread to Residential letting forums as you will probably get better advice on your issue their.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thank you, I did look for a letting forum but couldn't find it.

We rent privately, our contract expires in a few days and I believe she's just going month by month, which means we're moving out in the near future as we need a long term let.

If contract ends and you do not have a new one the contract will revert to a PST ( monthly ), however she still has to give you two months notice or you have to give the LL one months notice.

You can always ask for a new contract to sign!

With regard to the Gas safe cert, you can report it on the HSE web site and they will contact the LL.

Thanks, as I thought, I'll contact the HSE and let them know, we've discovered that our landlord is a tight old sod who just doesn't want to spend any money (and why we've spent the last 18 months with a boiler with a non-working time clock). Also one reason why I'm pursuing regarding the deposit not being held securely (plus our rent is £695 and the deposit was £1000).

Onwards and upwards!

Thanks for your assistance.