parking ticket private land 1 stop shoppin centre perry barr

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

i have a company car and

i received letter in the post saying i had stopped in a no stopping zone at one stop shopping centre perry barr birmingham back in March.

I was totally unaware of this till i recieved the letter and it was asking for £100!

so i wrote the following email:-

Dear Park watch systems

I received your letter dated 7 May 2014 yesterday on the 14 may 2014 to an alleged pcn on 23-3-14.

This letter is the first i have heard of the pcn.

I have had no prior correspondence or knowledge of this to date where a reduced charge was offered.

I am also unaware of something that relates to 2 months ago and of which i am hearing about now for the first time.

I would like to request photographic evidence of this contravention.

I understand, proceedings are on hold whilst this appeal is looked into.

I received the following response yesterday:-

Thank you for your appeal letter regarding the issue of the above parking charge notice.

After reviewing the information provided within your appeal letter and the photographic evidence that was taken in support of the issued PCN,

we have decided that the parking charge was correctly issued for failing to comply with the parking conditions at the One Stop Shopping Centre.

The area in which your vehicle was stationary is a no stopping area and has clear signage stating that it is a no stopping area .

Your vehicle parked in the area from 11:03 and left the area at 11:11 as clearly shown on the photographic evidence taken.

The Notice to Owner was issued 2nd April 2014 to the registered keeper of the vehicle,

we then transfer of liability with your details and the Notice to Owner was issued on 9th April 2014.

As no correspondence or appeal was received a Formal Demand was issued 7th May 2014.

Please find attached the photographic evidence, as requested.

You now have a number of options;

1. Pay the Parking Charge Notice at the prevailing price of £60.00 within 14 days.

Please note that after this time the Parking Charge Notice will rise to £100.00

2. Make an appeal to POPLA

– The Independent Appeals Service at popla.org.uk.

Please be advised that if you decide on an independent arbitration of your case,

the Parking Charge Notice will increase to £100.00

should the decision be in our favour.

Please quote verification number: ...........

3. If you choose to do nothing, we will seek to recover the monies owed to us via our debt recovery

procedures and may proceed with Court action against you.

Yours Sincerely

Appeals Team

So what should i do please?

Should i pay the £60? money is tight, but

i really dont remember what i was doing in march.

It is my car but my husband also drives it and is insured on it.

I obviously dont want him to get the fine as we share our finances so its the same thing

- i just cant remeber taht far back into march.

The reason i did not get a ticket either is because having visited there again,

i see there is cameras on top of that area.

Please advise what should i do.

No - you don't pay the money - this is not a fine but merely a speculative invoice asking you to pay money or they will consider making a claim against you in the County Court.

Read others' posts regarding a POPLA appeal and you will get a clear idea of what you need to do. You will almost certainly be able to argue the charge as a penalty not representing any genuine pre-estimate of loss, but it would be useful to also have secondary arguments over signage etc - do you have any photos of the signage in the area you were allegedly 'stopped' in for example?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

sanepersongonemad,

Was there a "Ticket" on the windscreen ? Or was this a number plate capture ?

You say you have written (thus appealed). ...

In their response; have they given a POPLA code ?

If it was a number plate capture then the first letter should land on your door mat 14 days after the "Offense".

So it's "Timed out"

Need a bit more information for correct advice.

Pay nothing ... They are a bunch of "clowns" trying to make a "quick buck"

Not sure if circumstances overlap but there was a thread [no. 3F400956] about one stop parking last year - and a couple on m s e too but probably not very helpful

Park watch systems is a trading name of http://www.defence-systems.com

Apparently they "believe in making life a little simpler".

Really?

i have seen on a previous post the land is private land.

There is a red sign there and crosses on the road but the previous poster has been advised not to pay as defence systems had no monetary loss.

Like i said,

i do not remember whether it was me or my husband.

As it is a company car, i can only presume the parking notice went to the leasing company that my company use

and then came to me, i did not know nothing till may about this.

It was a number plate capture as there are cameras above the area which i have recently noticed.

The email they wrote is copied and pasted above exactly as is what i wrote - there is no popla code....

i dont want to pay £100 or face a ccj, but i am worried about ignoring it......

So are you saying that where it says :-

Please quote verification number: ...........[/Quote]

That there is no number there, only a series of dots?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Good

Pay them nothing.

Can you get photos of the signs and post them up on the thread ?

It will depend on the wording of the signs as to how the wording of the defense is made

If it was nu8mber plate capture then they have 14 days to notify you. If this is the first you have heard of it then just write back and tell them that under the Pofa they have failed to communicate with you as the keeper of the vehicle within the prescribed time so now it is too late for them to take any further action and that any more communication will be treated as harassment. and may lead to a civil suit for the same

What is your map link supposed to show ?]

"Ditto"

I "Zoomed in" and ended up in the Irish Sea !!!!

If you parked your car there..... Then you've got more to worry about than a parking "invoice"

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?400956-Double-red-lines-private-land&highlight=perry+barr

This is the same place? OP didn't return but if you are talking about stopping in the cross hatch and/or red lines, then a standard POPLA appeal will win.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.516676,-1.902769,3a,64.2y,69.53h,78.97t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sjmOudVMVJgiGA6jP15KXPw!2e0!6m1!1e1?hl=en

post 30 in above thread confirms red lines were put down by the shopping centre.

i have just noticed the appeal rejection letter that i pasted above has the date the 19 march 2014???

also i went on that site to put the popla code in and this is what i got:-

Code summary

Issuing operator: 331

Date code generated: Fri May 30 2014

Code sequence number: 511

Deadline information

Your appeal deadline is Fri Jun 27 2014

You have 24 day(s) remaining for your appeal to reach POPLA

im a bit confused as the letter they wrote back as above said i had 14 days to pay the reduced fee then back up to the higher amount....

14 days... reduced fee.... You do not have to pay any amount, at any time.

It seems that the car company have named you as driver and this seems to have been the reason it has taken so long. But you have a validated POPLA code so we can get this charge cancelled with the correctly worded appeal. Not much time at the moment, so will return later....

The payment and the appeals have different timescales. The opinion is dont pay anything but appeal to POPLA on the following grounds.

That the company has no authority to make a claim for breach of contract and that they should provide evidence by way of sight of a contract with the landowner that allows them to claim for contractual losses in their own name.

That, in any case, a contract between the parking co and the appellant requires offer and consideration and that any signage necessary for a unilateral contract was inadequate or placed in such a way as not to be seen by the appellant and considered so no contract could be formed.

That the actions of the appellant do not represent a breach of the contract as described.

That any contract, if breached caused no loss to be suffered by the parking co and therefore the appellant requests that the parking co shows a schedule of loss or genuine pre-estimate of loss to justify their claim for the monies they demand for the breach of contract. If they cannot show this then it is averred that the monies claimed are an unlwful penalty and not a representation of their losses.

Read the postings from a couple of months back about this place, you will see that the parking co are on to a loser.