rights if repair doesnt fix fault? ***Resolved***

Bendybody
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a treadmill from a company called MK Trading via Amazon in October 2013. In February 2014 the belt started slipping all the way to the side and rubbing against the motor.

Following the instructions to adjust the belt only worked for a few moments of walking on it and the belt slipped again. I asked the company for a replacement but the refused and it got repaired instead.

I tried it once when it returned and seemed to be ok but then I had an operation so it sat in my hallway doing nothing till this week. Again belt slipping so I contacted the company asking for a refund.

I am sure I read somewhere but can't find it that if it is not a permanent repair you are entitled to a replacement or refund?

Anyway the company refused to refund me and have implied that the treadmill belt is a maintenance thing I should do at home, despite the fact i would have to do it every 30 seconds!

I wrote to Amaon who were no help, company now saying they will collect it for inspection and repair it again, only if this second repair does not work will they offer me a replacement.

Do I have to accept this offer? I really think another repair is a waste of time as the same thing will happen again. Would be grateful for any advice, thanks in anticipation.

Hi Bendybody

Contact the Card Provider ask to do a chargeback, it's best to write to them. Amend the template, send it Recorded Delivery, send copies of any communications that you have had with the retailer, if you think it will help your case, send some pics, point out in the pics what keeps happening:-

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/how-do-i-use-chargeback

Send the retailer the following template, amended (refund), again send it Recorded Delivery.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act

It sounds like their is an inherent fault in the design of the product.

Let us know how you get on.