Magistrates court hearing - south west trains - breaking byelaw 19

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks stigy, it said on the plea for me to fill in a means form but actually there was no form in the bunch of letters they sent me. I did write in my letter to the court that i am in real bad debt and am currently in a Debt Management Plan which sadly has 17 years to run :-( ...

i'm not sure if they will have any consideration, but in any case i won't be able to pay the fine if it is too high, it will just have to get added onto my debt plan i guess? i'm guessing it will be atleast £500 for a £3.70 fare (great justice system we have!)... who would i contact to discuss this once i find out the penalty?

They'll allow you to pay in installments manageable to you. The idea isn't to impose impossible fines that need to be paid immediately even if you can't afford them. This wod be pointless and will cause a viscous circle when fines go unpaid (enforcement of non-payment etc which is an offence in itself!)

They'll allow you to pay in installments manageable to you. The idea isn't to impose impossible fines that need to be paid immediately even if you can't afford them. This wod be pointless and will cause a viscous circle when fines go unpaid (enforcement of non-payment etc which is an offence in itself!)

thanks! i still have not heard from the court... is this normal? it was not in today's post either. Can i ring up the court to find out?

Thanks

adnan

thanks! i still have not heard from the court... is this normal? it was not in today's post either. Can i ring up the court to find out?

Thanks

adnan

Yes, you can ring the Court office and ask what happened.

Yes, you can ring the Court office and ask what happened.

just rang and as i pleaded guilty with mitigating circumstances it is:

£200 fine

£60 court charge

£20 for something else i missed

£11.40 for the fare

well done SWT !:mad2:

just rang and as i pleaded guilty with mitigating circumstances it is:

£200 fine

£60 court charge

£20 for something else i missed

£11.40 for the fare

well done SWT!

Standard penalty for an early guilty plea at court I'm afraid. The £20 you weren't sure about was the Victim Surcharge, which amounts to 10% of the fine amount. This used to be £15 be recently had changed to the 10%, I believe the minimum is £15 however. This goes to the Victims of Crime charity and similar and is used to help the victims of crime. This does not go to the actual victim as some often believe (the TOC in this case....).