Wescott/provident

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3616 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello can anyone advise me?

In desperation I took out a £300 provident loan a tChristmas,

I have been paying it off every week missing just 2 payments when the agent did n't call.

I had a marketing call from Provident today saying that as I was such a good payer that they would offer me a £900 loan

- I'm not that silly, I know the scary interest rates,

I told them so and said I would n't rule out a small loan in the future

( I can't get an overdraft so sometimes its a case of having to go to provident).

I have just had a rather rude text from my agent saying that I should have approached her for a loan

and as I was n't paying what I owe she could n't give one to me anyway(not that I wanted one)

I am confused why their office says I have an excellent paying record yet I get this rude text from their agent.

I have told her to suspend collections from my home until I get a print out from head office.

Now, I am pay £10.50 per week, I am considering offering them a lower amount per week

( I know the loan would take longer to pay off) and putting the rest into a credit union, should I do this,

will this offer of lower payment appear on my credit file?

I don't want to cut my nose to spite my face as I have been grateful for the provident in the past when no one else would help.

I would appreciate your help

Thanks

Provident will settle for lower payments, however arrange it through head office and not the agent. The credit union is a great idea if you can put a few quid aside weekly/monthly as it will be possible to avoid high interest loans in future.l

Thank you, will it go on my credit file,.

I am thinking of offering £10 per month to provident and putt the other £30 in credit union and use that at Christmas instaed of high interest provident,

Just had a really rude text from the agent.

I told her I was n't expecting her to call on tues and had just got back from looking after my mum,

she sent a rude text saying " what do you mean you were n't expecting me!

I always call on a Tuesday after a bank holiday then says shes been at the hospital all day

and its been nice knowing you!! and please do contact head office! and and stop wasting my time

The agents are on commission and will scare and threaten you into paying silly numbers. If you get an abusive call, log it and report them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 1 year later...

Can anyone point me in the right direction?,

I had a £400 loan from Provident and was paying it weekly,

I was more than half way through the repayments when I fell out with the agent,

because I had queried the amount owing.

Long story cut short, I am now being chased by Wescott,

the ring me every day and send text messages,

I have blocked them on my mobile but they keep ringing my house phone.

I did try and deal with it in the beginning by contacting provident who just denied that their agents had acted inappropriately.,

I have been overwhelmed with family problems etc.

Wescott say I owe £410, this is £10 more than I borrowed in the first place,

although I know with their horrendous interest rates this may be correct?.

Where do I start ?

not sure what to do first, but its got to the point where I dread people coming round in case they ring,

I never answered it, but its still awkward , its an automated thing, says " If you are Mrs *** press 1 etc, I just put the phone down.

Any help would be appreciated.

is this on your credit file?

have wetcloths bought the debt or only collecting?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Do you still have your provident book?

Is this the same loan you took out Xmas 2012 and had the nasty txts from the agent about

If i remember correctly you pay something like £3.50 a week for 53 weeks for every £100 borrowed so £400 would be £14 per week but by half way through you should be down to about £371 so not that far out.

As Dx says , do Wets own the debt or collecting on behalf, have they sent any written communication?

Do they call you on your landline or mobile?

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

I don't know, letter says we have been instructed by our clients to collect the debt, bit ambiguous , I suppose it could mean either?

That means they are collecting on behalf of , however do they refer to their clients as provident or someone else?

Ok so you can check your book to see if the balances match and if not you can challenge what you owe. I would also write to them about the harassment by telephone

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387367-Harassment-by-Telephone-(update-21.04.2014)

You can edit this as needed or in the library there are a lot of other letters that can be useful

Thank you . I have now joined a credit union and would recommend it to anyone, they just take my payment plus an amount for a savings account out every payday, I have had no problems.

Meanwhile, I realise I signed up to a sky high interest rate, I wonder if there is anything that I can do to challenge? also not sure if book is absolutely correct, for example she took it on a couple of occasions ' to bring up to date' then did n't return it for a few weeks, keep saying she had n't taken it, I did get little receipt cards but not sure I have them all.